Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Random Acts of Kindness

In the past few weeks I've seen some really sweet random acts of kindness that made me go "Awww". What random acts of kindness have you done (if any)?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I gave Bleys 50,000 gil in FFXIV because he was struggling to afford arrows for his archer. Does that count?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I buy people drinks for no reason. :I

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I buy people [strike]drinks for no reason. [/strike] to get in their pants:I

Blog Entries

When the MVD announced their system was down for what I needed, I gave up the ticket I had held for half an hour to a kid who just walked in.

<s>I also gave a concert ticket to a girl in line who forgot hers when my buddy was a no-show.</s>

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Not so much a random act of kindness, but a good deed nonetheless, so it kind of fits: I was out canoeing with my sister this weekend, and when we went for a break at a resting point we saw a lonely dog standing by the edge of the water looking at us curiously, a dachshund to be precise. There was no owner in sight, so after pulling up the canoe we approached it. There were some other boats out on the water, so we thought it might have been left on land as the owner went out, but to be safe we called the number on its collar. Turned out the owner lived on the other side of the lake - about 10 miles away, and he'd been worrying about her. So we waited with her for 15 minutes while he crossed the lake in his row boat to pick her up!

Blog Entries

I bring food to work, and share it with anyone who would like to taste some Filipino delicacies.

I recently made some of these and brought them to work:

I don't kill spiders anymore when I see them, I scoop them into a glass and carry them outside. AND I don't step on snails anymore either. I get massive good vibes for the rest of the day. SPREAD THE LOVE.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I cannot think of one good deed I've done lately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alive-Man View Post
    I don't kill spiders anymore when I see them, I scoop them into a glass and carry them outside. AND I don't step on snails anymore either. I get massive good vibes for the rest of the day. SPREAD THE LOVE.
    Same here. I don't kill things unless it's a mesquite or something along those lines

Blog Entries

I used to do a lot of good deeds, but then I stopped and now I feel SO MUCH BETTER that the needy people have left me alone. Everyone should try it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just donated $100 to buy supplies for African Orphanages. A friend of mine is heading to Africa in two weeks to go get her beautiful baby boy (they've been waiting for this for 2 years!) and along the way she's going to be taking some much needed provisions to the local orphanages. Children's Tylenol, diapers, mosquito nets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by I refuse to change your sodding name again. Now jog on. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alive-Man View Post
    Same here. I don't kill things unless it's a mesquite or something along those lines
    Ditto. Except I've never squished snails. That's just too easy. Even for a nihilistic 6-year old brat like I used to be. But I also never pulled the wings off flies or fried ants with magnifying lenses

My sister has been unemployed for a while now. But before that she bought herself a car. Well my brother has been using that car because he doesn't like the beater car that was <i>given</i> to him by our mother. Somehow he felt entitled to drive the nicer car of my sister. So I threatened to let the air out of my sister's tires to give him no options. Now he drives his car, and she's glad that he's not wearing her car out with the way he drives. I'm also working on trying to get him to start helping my mom out financially since he lives in her basement rent-free, running up the electricity with his personal fridge and gaming/movie watching habits

I also volunteer counseling to people at this alternative lifestyles website I frequent, and help people deal with issues like abuse and cheating, and guide people to help who've been raped and such. Possibly a little too serious for General Chat, but that's what I do

Kindness is for people who aren't already awesome.

You mean lately? Hmmm, I helped a blind woman find a seat in a bus last week or something. She was nice, and her guide dog was very obedient and well-behaved.