Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Vanille's l'Cie mark located on her thigh?!

Default Why is Vanille's l'Cie mark located on her thigh?!

Of all the places on her body to brand her, why did the fal'Cie have to brand Vanille on her thigh?!
    Is that your final answer?

The exclamation points lead me to believe you see this as a problem. I'm sure I'm probably missing some perspective on the game since I haven't played it. But whats wrong with it being on her thigh?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

So she could show off her butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    whats wrong with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Oh. Right. Sexualization. At least she's not 14, like Rikku was when they were sexualizing her, is she?

Well, I still think it's a "weird" location. If the fal'Cie were going to brand Vanille on a "suggestive" spot, I would have preferred her lower back, in the vein of a lower-back tattoo.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You mean a tramp stamp? It would compliment the moaning at least.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seriously, the location for her brand is not as bad as her orgasmic screams she makes and the highly suggestive hentai tentacle rape that is everything involving her summon...

Technically Lightning's mark is in a more suggestive place, especially since we never get to actually see it thanks to its location...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Seriously, the location for her brand is not as bad as her orgasmic screams she makes and the highly suggestive hentai tentacle rape that is everything involving her summon...

Technically Lightning's mark is in a more suggestive place, especially since we never get to actually see it thanks to its location...
    That cinches it. I'm finally gonna have to play FFXIII (SPOILER)kidding

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

whats wrong with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Oh. Right. Sexualization. At least she's not 14, like Rikku was when they were sexualizing her, is she?
    Rikku was 19 in FFX-2, where the fanservice got crazy xD

I'm not trying to contradict you, but FFX Rikku was 16-years old and FFX-2 Rikku was 18. She was cute in FFX, but I didn't really find any physical attraction to her until FFX-2.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    I'm not trying to contradict you, but FFX Rikku was 16-years old and FFX-2 Rikku was 18. She was cute in FFX, but I didn't really find any physical attraction to her until FFX-2.
    I meant the game was sexualizing her. Not that I was really sexually attracted to her. I remember her second introduction where she strips off her suit in the most seductive way possible and the game camera revels in it

Also, I guess she was 15, so we meet in the middle :P

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Well, I still think it's a "weird" location. If the fal'Cie were going to brand Vanille on a "suggestive" spot, I would have preferred her lower back, in the vein of a lower-back tattoo.
    It's a tigh, I don't know why you think that is terrible. Have you even played the game? Lightning's crest is on her tits. That's what you should be outraged over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Pretty sure she was initially 15 in FF10, but that it was changed for the western release. Lol that you think there is actually a significant change in her physical appearance from the two games though, other than that she dresses differently.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    What I think is weird is that you don't realize that it's supposed to be entirely random where it ended up, and that the falcie aren't plotting to make their minions show off indecent body parts to the player.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    What I think is weird is that you don't realize that it's supposed to be entirely random where it ended up, and that the falcie aren't plotting to make their minions show off indecent body parts to the player.
    What I got from the game is that we can never be 100% sure of whatever weird motives the Fal'Cie have.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Fal'Cie are secretly controlled by these fellas called "Square Enix" who thought that a thigh brand would be totally sexy

Lightning's brand is located on her upper chest, also known as the decollete, as opposed to the lower chest, where the boobs are. And that is a bit suggestive, only because the bare female chest is meant to be censored, although no such taboo applies to the male chest, but again, it's not on her boobs.

And the sexualization of female characters first started in Final Fantasy VII, with Tifa's crop top and short shorts/mini skirt. And that's because Tetsuya Nomura became the character designer.