Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air travel annoyances.

Blog Entries

This thread reminded me of "Why Do the Wrong People Travel":

"What compulsion compels them and who the hell tells them? To drag their butts to Zanzibar, instead of staying quietly in Omaha?"

"What explains this mass mania to leave Pennsylvania, and clack around like flocks of geese, demanding dry martinis on the Isles of Greece."

That being said, a flight from Denmark to the Philippines is roughly a 24-hour flight, which would kill most people, but I'm a champ when it comes to flying. Rudeness aside from wary personnel, I only awaken when meal time rolls around.

Chris I bet you and I would be awesome travel buddies.... If I weren't tied to down to a job and low on travel funds....I'd meet you half way and visit with ya to your second native land!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

The flying part! It always makes me sick.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I hate customs and I hate the kind of people who are really short, yet push their seat wayyyy back, which squishes the legs of tall people, like Huxley. I want to slug them.
    The customs people in Japan were so different than America! I dunno about Europe.

But they were so gentle and polite, asking nicely if they can please remove things from BJ's bag to inspect it and gingerly placing stuff on the counter. smurf, I wanted to make out with the Japanese customs people.

Blog Entries

Ive never been on a plane
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

dude next to me had intermittent and obvious boners pretty regularly through a 12 hour flight......dude sat next to me stop getting boners please it is awkward when i have to get up and brush past you to use the bathroom.

my second flight i was sat next to this cute canadian girl tho who discussed books with me so that made up for it

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS

Nothing else compares. At all. I'm 6'3" so the seats are always too small, and on a huge-ass plane that does transatlantic flights there are inevitably going to be a couple of crying babies. I can handle all of that no problem. I can handle the customs people, they're usually pretty polite. If something goes wrong I can sort things out by rebooking flights or whatever quickly and easily, no problems there.

But smurfing immigration people. I swear to Christ you would think I walked in wearing this and waving an Iranian flag, yelling "JIHAD JIHAD ALLAH AKBAR MY NAME OSAMA" with a light dust around my nostrils and an entire colony of feral badgers in my underwear, making my crotch writhe in an extraordinarily unsettling manner.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Agent View Post
    So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!
    The prices
    This. Storms also suck.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Airline food, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Airline food, what's up with that?
    I never had problems with my airline meals....The only thing I don't eat on it is the bread....

I've never had problems with customs. *touch wood*

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Not this past week but last year when I visited Rubahs, I took a bus because I was stupid (also because I was still supposed to be working, so I didn't want to pay more money than I needed to). At the border, the following things happened:

- a woman bringing flowers to a funeral was prevented from bringing said flowers cross border
    - a woman acting 'funny' (even to me; she was turning around and stretching awkwardly and etc) was taken to the back room for (I presume) a cavity search
    - the chinese guy who was using a travel visa or something was not allowed cross border bc he didn't know where he was staying, so he didn't come with us as we continued into USA
    - outside of the car, drug dogs got mad at a car and the guy got arrested. Border patrol appears to be equipped with M16s.

Don't act stupid when you are in an airport or at the border.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    - a woman acting 'funny' (even to me; she was turning around and stretching awkwardly and etc) was taken to the back room for (I presume) a cavity search
    Contrary to popular imagination, a cavity search is not the first resort of the border patrol You have to go through a long set of other things before they'll even THINK about resorting to that, and honestly if they're that suspicious they're more likely to just say "Nope" at some point before getting there than to even bother.