Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air travel annoyances.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Air travel annoyances.

I want to make a thread about air traveling. Well, not really, but annoying stuff that have happened to you while traveling, especially by air. So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!

Last month, as you know, I was at Cancun. Traveled there by air, so you should know I have a couple things I want to mention in this thread. While returning back home, we got stopped by the security and they searched through all of our bags. I didn't really mind, but my mom on the other hand made such a big deal out of it. It was kind of embarrassing to watch her complain how she and her family felt "discriminated" because it seemed we were the only group to have their entire luggage searched through. -_-;;

Another thing, well this was several years ago. It was just me and my mom. We were returning home. Anyway, we went on this medium sized jet, and as we landed, the stewardess made an announcement telling us that we just landed and that no one should get their bags until the plane had fully stopped. Of course, my mom was the only person on the plane standing and getting her suitcase from the overhead bins. I facepalmed because she was doing this while the announcement was made.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

SITTING NEXT TO OBNOXIOUS KIDS

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

SCREAMING CHILDREN

dammit, lad beat me to it. Also, creepy old men who stare at your boobs as you reach up to get your bag from above. I see you, you dirtbag.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would say it's mostly the whole 'lots of people' thing. Yeah, I'll go with that *shudders*

Also, there's a certain Australian airline (Jetstar) who have something going on with their planes that gives me the worst pressure headaches, it feels like someone's jabbing sewing needles through my head. The last time I was on one of their planes it felt like I was about to die, never again.

I'm a pretty gracious traveler however the sector which gets me annoyed the most is the Dubai-Karachi one....People are unimaginably plain out rude and have no manners.....Like what Proto mentioned, people start to get up right after the plan has landed and is taxing to the gate...I feel pretty sympathetic to the cabin crew as they have frequently announce to the passengers to remain in their seats...

Whats the rush people... Your bags aren't going to come out of the cargo hold any quicker and may I remind the folks that there is still customs to go through...

Oh and never use the lavatory during this sector...Just don't X_X Not even if you're travelling Business or First....

Another thing I hate the most is pushy travelers who want to trade seats, just because they don't want to sit on the back aisle seat... Lady I don't give a damn if you think I'm an asshole, I paid for my window seat in the forward section and not at the back..So shut the up and leave me be.....

Oh and crying babies and unruly....While babies I can understand (subtle changes in cabin pressure)...Parents I do not want a four /five year old running down the aisle with their jam dirty hands touching me or anyone else......

Oh and people who fart dirty dirty cheese and very obviously lifting their ass up to release their toxic fumes for myself and other to breathe and desperately trying to unleash the oxygen mask on the overhead compartment....

What happened to the glory days of travel......I can tell you....Airlines started to let people wear flip flops and shorts on board...... :P

So remember if you're travelling econ and want an ugrade....Dress smart and be gracious....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I... I've never really had a problem during air travel. And I think I've done it kind of a lot, my longest flight being twelve hours.

I guess the line to check in to go home from Jamaica kind of sucked. But, I mean, that's a third world country so whatyagonnado.

Oh, and they lost my luggage when I got there. So I didn't have most of my stuff for more than half of my honeymoon. Including my razor. Poor BJ. I had my swimsuit in my carry on though, so it didn't spoil the trip.

Abominatrix has a really good air travel horror story.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I... I've never really had a problem during air travel. And I think I've done it kind of a lot, my longest flight being twelve hours.
    Either you're blocking out some painful air travel memory or you took a shiit bunch of sleeping pills to knock yourself out.....

I think I was someone's else air travel story when (due to cabin pressure) my eyeball nearly popped out of my eyelid.....

HOTROD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I sat between BJ and our friend on that one, so I was probably bugging BJ by leaning on him to nap (though he didn't complain) and bugging our friend by making him let me out to pee every hour (he did complain, but that's, like, his thing).

Blog Entries

I've never really had a problem flying. But I totally agree with the one about people getting their bags and luggage after being asked to wait till the plane has stopped or whatever. It reminds me of a funny Lee Evans sketch where he talks about airports and British people. Us British are so impatient and we are stood up and waiting to get off the plane before it's started to descend.
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

I HATE it when the plane turns into a giant robot with me inside.

The most annoying thing about flying is when you're sitting next to a really hot chick who isn't interested in baning you in the airplane bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Well, I sat between BJ and our friend on that one, so I was probably bugging BJ by leaning on him to nap (though he didn't complain) and bugging our friend by making him let me out to pee every hour (he did complain, but that's, like, his thing).

So you're the passenger that bothers everyone else!! Just peachy!

HOTROD

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hate air travel in itself. It hurts my ears and there's too little space for my legs which means I have to take one of the seats in the front and it pisses me off when they're already taken.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate customs and I hate the kind of people who are really short, yet push their seat wayyyy back, which squishes the legs of tall people, like Huxley. I want to slug them.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Agent View Post
    So this thread is all about the annoying things associated with air travel!
    The prices