Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They Look Like They Smell Good

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default They Look Like They Smell Good

So, when I went to Comic Con I couldn't help but notice the atrocious amount of people who wreaked of garbage, armpit, and other nasties. Have you ever been told that you have b.o. or encountered someone with b.o.? If yes to the later, any funny stories involving it?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

ROFL, Shiny. The sad thing that my friends (who con fairly often) tell me that New York Comic Con is famous for being one of the BEST smelling cons.

I went there on Sunday. There were less people, but the people who were still there were people who stayed in NY all weekend and probably didn't bathe, so it was kind of bad smelling, but not as bad as I had initially expected. I think it was because I spent most of my time in the Anime Fest side, and most of those people were girls, who usually bathe a little more.

Usually. There were a few really disgusting girls there. They also happened to be those shrieking "FREE HUGSSSS!!!!" people. XDDD

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've encountered people with b.o. before. We have this one customer.... Jesus smurfing Christ. Like you've never, ever, ever smelled this. He can't bathe. There's no way this man has bathed since he's been coming into the store. And he always comes to me first when I'm there because I have the keys to the cigarette case.

EDIT: His smell actually gets to you before he does. Like when he's approaching, I automatically take two big steps back from him.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I remember we had someone trying to adopt a dog once from our shelter who had very obviously just vomited all over themselves right before coming in and just wiped it off and went about their day or something. Fortunately I was not the person having to attend them

I will say the deodorant I use is not meant to fight extreme physical labor. Even if I'm perfectly cleaned and lathered in it, I always get a tad ripe after, say, helping someone move, or something. But that's more 'cause I'm not used to really sweating much and use the stuff more for smelling good. So I rarely test drive them for their effectiveness

But I can imagine standing around all day in a Boba Fett costume would make one tend to sweat a bit as well

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    ROFL, Shiny. The sad thing that my friends (who con fairly often) tell me that New York Comic Con is famous for being one of the BEST smelling cons.

I went there on Sunday. There were less people, but the people who were still there were people who stayed in NY all weekend and probably didn't bathe, so it was kind of bad smelling, but not as bad as I had initially expected. I think it was because I spent most of my time in the Anime Fest side, and most of those people were girls, who usually bathe a little more.

Usually. There were a few really disgusting girls there. They also happened to be those shrieking "FREE HUGSSSS!!!!" people. XDDD
    I would think cute Asian people bathe, but no. Anime Festival side is where I encountered most of the b.o. And it was confusing because I would walk by people who smelled like cherry blossoms and then I smelled like mango or some so it was a mix of cherry blossom mango and b.o. NEVER AGAIN!

My friend was telling me at the Con she went to on Sunday, there was a guy with a free hugs sign and he wanted to hug her. But she was all, "DO NOT WANT" because he smelled like ass. So she's like, "No thankyou." He then walks over to her and then proceeds to grab her up into a hug. She was so furious because after he let go she could still smell his stench on her. He gave her his stank!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh my god, this thread. Imagining being in a place filled with the smell of BO makes me sick.

Thank god that no, I cannot recall any situation I have ever experienced this, but it is making me reconsider ever wanting to go to any kind of convention, ever.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speaking of sweat and BO...

We have this creep in my Post-War Japan history course who follows me and my friends around like a puppy. I felt really bad before so I used to be kind, but this guy is seriously insane. He would follow us all the way to our car sometimes, despite us constantly dropping pointed hints like "Oh, don't you have class soon? It's a long walk... maybe you should go?" He is really sweaty and wears a sweaty necktowel, and he demands tight sweaty hugs from all the girls.

A few days ago, I got onto campus an hour early, so I sat down at one of the tables in the library near the reading room and tried to get through a few acts of this Shakespeare play I'm reading. I accidentally made eye-contact with him as he walked by, so he took that as permission to sit next to me for a HALF HOUR as I silently read Shakespeare, despite the fact that I was like "Oh hey, I have to read this, so you know, I'm gonna be pretty boring, heh heh, can't talk, seeya later." All he said was "HURF HURF THAT'S FINE I'LL JUST STICK AROUND HERE HURFFF...."

At this point, I really don't feel bad anymore, and I'm about at my ropes end with this guy. My friends say I handle him like an expert ("distant polite kindness") but I'm becoming more and more pointed with him as time goes on. Pretty soon I might snap. No more sweaty hugs. =(

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really love the tangy scent of sweaty armpits.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Then come visit me and take the sweaty hug bullet for me, mang. =(

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unfortunately, some of the unpleasant stereotypes about the french hold true, at least for some of their teenagers and people who ride public transit. I'd never smelled anything like it in the US before.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Unfortunately, some of the unpleasant stereotypes about the french hold true, at least for some of their teenagers and people who ride public transit. I'd never smelled anything like it in the US before.
    Come to NYC and ride on a subway train. They have plenty of smelly people.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The subway smells like boiling piss in the summer. =( That's the only time I take it though. NYC winters are cold, but I enjoy the cold. I really hate going into Manhattan during the summer though. I can't take heat.

Blog Entries

Reek. Poor language usage is about as offensive as poor hygiene.

I have been told I smell like food after a long day of work. This is not strange because I make food all day.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Lynx View Post
    Reek. Poor language usage is about as offensive as poor hygiene.

I have been told I smell like food after a long day of work. This is not strange because I make food all day.
    I will mispell words all I want grammar nazi.

The food smelling b.o. is slighlty more acceptable because sometimes it cannot be avoided when food stench goes to the hair. All you can do is wait till the end of the day to shampoo, or if you're a freak like I am, you always have hair spray, leave-in-conditioner, or dry shampoo on you.

I can recall quite a few BO incidence in regards to ppl's hygiene....I once knew this Nova Scotia chick who smelt so terrible that I held my breath for two minutes, plus another minute more before my subway stop.. :S

Thankfully I keep my BO under control and for the most part people tell me that I smell good....

(SPOILER)FYI I have never used deodorant EVER.... (I also shave my pits)
    Last edited by Rodarian; 10-21-2010 at 01:27 PM.

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"