Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you want Final Fantasy XV to be like?

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

no tetsuya nomura
    no motomu toriyama
    no high school live journal storyline
    open-ended gameplay
    job system only
    final destination
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

Just surprise me with some new and creative ideas, keep it fun, and don't wait 5 years to release it. Do all three of those and I'll be satisfied.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I want

• Not super-linear story progression. If this is FF13, I would be fine with something like this for FF15.
    • At least an illusion of my choices affecting the story a tiny bit, for example through multiple endings. This makes for a lot of replayability. This is also nice when coupled with a new game plus feature.
    • Plenty of sidequests available at most stages of the story's development (not everything crammed into the last chapter (Hi FF13)).
    • A job system like in 5, 10-2 and 11. This means specific jobs that are changeable at any time, and a system that allows one job to borrow abilities from a different job (or several jobs).
    • Slightly futuristic fantasy setting, or perhaps steampunk-like. Anything but "ye olde medieval fantasy".
    • Fast-paced, balanced battle system. A quick-paced ATB-derivate is welcome.
    • Even though I want a job based system, I still want characters to have a tiny bit of individual differences in battle. Nothing game-breaking though.
    Most of these would be pretty cool. I don't really need a futuristic setting, though. Or fast battles. I actually prefer battles that I can go at my own pace, like in FFX, Tactics, or the earlier games where you had a 'wait' mode.

What I want most of all is for the game to not always take itself so seriously. When you try really hard to have an elaborate and epic plot it usually comes out as forced, and that's how I feel abou the last two games. I would love to see another humerous side character like Ultros in this game, and a return of some slapstick humor sprinkled about.

EDIT: Oh, also some form of blue mage or blue magic. If that alone is there I'll consider it a success. I <3 BLU

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The battle system in FFX is what annoyed me the most. It was lacking action so much that I sometimes fell asleep playing. I like a battle system that keeps me sitting on the edge of my chair/couch and makes me have to think and act moderately fast at least most of the time. FFX-2's battle system was right down my alley.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked FFX-2's as well, but I think there was a wait mode in that one. FFX-2's gameplay in general was some of the best in the modern era. I just don't prefer the systems of FFXII and FFXIII that are continuous and without time to take a breather and size up the situation.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I personally am all for a slower based system. RPGs have their roots in slow games, if I want something fast I can always play some other genre.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

i want a main stream where you ARE the main charecter (similar to the mass effect) where what you do depends on how things play out, just a little randomness would be great.

I want to have a character in the story that during the beginning is the best in the party, the player lvls him/her up to 99, with max everything and in the last final moment this person betrays you and turns out to be the games final boss, some friggen randomness please.

id like to see a limit system return, and all the damn summons, not just ifrit, shiva, and behamut. Secret characters like in 6 and 7 where the story continues wheather youve met them or not. set classes need a comback with some custom feature to play around with, and random ass bosses that have nothing to do with the story what so ever (classic)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    I want to have a character in the story that during the beginning is the best in the party, the player lvls him/her up to 99, with max everything and in the last final moment this person betrays you and turns out to be the games final boss, some friggen randomness please.
    When I was about 16 I wrote a partial video game script and that indeed is what happened in it.

Also the ability system I created for it was pretty much the exact same system of Final Fantasy IX, even though that game came out years later. Still one of the best systems ever in my view and I wish it got used more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

id like to see a limit system return, and all the damn summons, not just ifrit, shiva, and bahamut.
    I doubt you'll get that. 89? That's a heck of a lot of summons.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

it still wopuld be nice to have some of the old fellas back in the game

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

-Fast paced battle system that still leaves the player in the driver seat. Basically not a slow battle system like FFIX and not an automated one like FFXII and FFXIII. FFX-2's battle system was perfect if you look past the girly fasade.
    -Non-linear game, with side quests and towns. Every now and then I need a break from saving the world.
    -I wouldn't mind seeing a world map again, or at least a better way to find hidden areas than typing in codewords from the airship to unlock them. I love roaming around the world map on an airship trying to find hidden areas.

Other things would just be bonuses.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

For FF XV... I'd like a game like IX again. They can do everything the same gameplay-wise, just with a new (just as likable) cast and a new (just as worked out) story, that's all that I'd like. Of course, one could argue I could just go back and play IX then, but I just did that, and I want new stuff mixed with the classic superb IX stuff. IX was the best game ever made, yet so few FFs since have followed its brilliant example of what a FF should be...

So, that would mean:

-Medieval/Steampunk/Fantasy mixed setting like in IX
    -Individual characters (no clones at all, each character has his/her/its own job and that's it)
    -Nobuo Uematsu composing the score
    -A real villain, not like XIII's pope, who was lame
    -A friendly Cid (villain Cid is already old because none could top XII's Cid, so, give up, evil Ciddies, you'll never beat Draklor's very own Doctor Cid)
    -Fun minigames (frog catching, Chocobo Hot & Gold, bring back that auction house)
    -Optional boss that's challenging not because he bores you to tears (Yiazmat, I'm looking at you), but because he's mean (Ozma, you cheap bastard, I'm looking at you)
    -Worldmap with airship, because even though it's illusionary freedom, flying the Holda Garde 3 around the world for fun was, well, fun
    -An amazing final dungeon like Memoria again, please
    -No breaking the 9999 damage limit. 9999 damage is enough. Give the bosses less HP instead of making million-damage moves. In IX, we did it all with Shock and Thievery and held our ground just fine, even against bastards like Ozma.
    -Classic summons. Sure, they're just prettier Black Magic, but hey, it's a FF classic, why change it? I didn't like X, XII or XIII's summon systems.
    -A nice finishing song like Melodies of Life again. ^^
    -No advertising the game like the second VII. VII is old news, let it rest in peace, it deserves it. Don't compare your new games to it to draw in unsuspecting customers, it's cheap. Especially since XIII wasn't half the game VII was (and I think of VII as an okay game, nothing more).
    -Classic ATB again, please. All this "dynamic, flashy Advent CHildren-ish battle system" is bull****.
    -Speaking of battle systems, stop the "3 characters only" rule, PLEASE. Bring back 4 people to control during battles. You know, like in all but one of the Final Fantasy games before VII? Oh IX, you were so perfect... Who cares about loading times, you had a glorious party of 4 on the field...

Things in XV I'd like to see that were improved from IX:
    -A better worked out trance (well, it had to be said...)
    -No Excalibur II within 12 hours, hmmkay, SE? IX was an experience you had to take your time and enjoy, and then you throw in this 12 hour limit? Fail, absolute utter fail.
    -Don't make the game end. Let the divine experience last for all eternity. Please!
    Last edited by Elpizo; 11-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I can agree with all of that except for the no breaking the 9999 damage limit and it having to be in a setting like IX's.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 11-19-2010 at 08:56 PM.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I just don't see the appeal or need for breaking the 9999 damage limit (and I consider Omnislash and Lionheart breaking the damage limit). It's only an excuse to give bosses ridiculous high HP (aside from XII, where they thought it would be a good idea to limit the damage to 6999 when fighting a 50 million HP beast). Having to work for such high damage made dealing 9999 damage very satisfying in IX. Seeing my Thievery do 9999 damage in IX was fantastic, made me grin like an evil maniac.

Sure, not breaking 9999 damage means you can't one-shot every non-boss enemy in the game. But is that really necesary?

Just my opinion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I want the game to be good, unlike any of the games after FF10
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...