Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you want Final Fantasy XV to be like?

Default How do you want Final Fantasy XV to be like?

When I first played XIII I was somewhat disappointed by the game. I mean don't get me wrong it had many highlights and was a great RPG in general but for a Final Fantasy title I felt it was more of a let down. I've heard the reasons for FFXIII being the way it was and such, but I think that it could have improved in other ways. I think FFXV should be done by the team that did FFIX (I believe thats the team that does the Crystal Chronicle games right?). I enjoyed IX alot, it was not my favorite but I remember having a lot of fun playing it. Plus I think fans want a new final fantasy feel. FF X and XIII were both done with the team of Tetsuya Nomura and Kitase so fans might be getting bored of playing there kind of things. I've heard how bad the Crystal Chronicles are from many people but I think if the IX team could work on a mainstream final fantasy they could give it some potential. So what are your opinions and how do you want Final Fantasy XV to be like?

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I want exactly what you just said. I want a world and feel like FFIX just to be different from the past couple. And don't tell me "FFXII...blahblahblah". I want a world with new races and faces (not just recycled bangaas(XII) or storm troopers and mechanical beings(XIII)). The main thing I want is a world map again. But we've been screaming for that for like years so why would they listen now?

Also, I want a FFX-2 type battle system....NO, I want THE battle system from FFX-2. I want to have levels, an MP bar, and FFVIIIth's worth of side quests. Hell I want a like-able, relatable MAIN character and solid supporting actors. I WANT FFXV to be everything I've wanted in a FF since I first played I-IX.

See? Not asking for much.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I hope they continue in the direction they have been taken the franchise. I'm quite happy with it.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I want the job system of V. Mostly the mixing and matching. And like Odin, the battle system of X-2. Also want a Gold Saucer area or at least a monster arena.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think FFXV should be done by the team that did FFIX (I believe thats the team that does the Crystal Chronicle games right?)
    Wrong, Square choose's different members with each entry.

FF X and XIII were both done with the team of Tetsuya Nomura and Kitase so fans might be getting bored of playing there kind of things
    No.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll try to come up with something for each of the previous games. Let's see...

Fixed but still selectable jobs so as to increase replayability (eg. I)
    Not online (eg. II)
    The ability to use more characters in battle (eg. III)
    Jobs actually have noticeable strengths and weaknesses rather than just different weapons (eg. IV)
    Decently paced storyline (eg. V)
    Better usage of summons (eg. VI)
    Chocobo breeding/racing/etc (eg. VII)
    3D Traversable World Map (eg. VIII)
    Nameable characters (eg. IX)
    Various decent minigames (eg. X)
    Subjobs (eg. XI)
    (eg. XII)
    Fleshed out characters (eg. XIII)
    The ability to create your own items (eg. XIV)
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I want something brand new. Has there ever been a fantasy RPG that looks and feels like it was born in the 60's? Meaning the characters and people of the world reflect that period of time in terms of fashion, music, sexual revolution, the civil rights movement, war vs peace, hippies, swingers etc.?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0voejU7y9b...on+dashiki.bmp

Last edited by Depression Moon; 02-13-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No, Earthbound is the only role-playing game that I know of that references that era in American history.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I hope they continue in the direction they have been taken the franchise. I'm quite happy with it.
    Hell no...

As for what I want... I want another Dystopia, one that actually feels and looks like one, not X's dystopia on the smurfing beach where its kinda hard to feel the pain and misery with Wakka grooving that Jamaican beat mon...

I want something like the Ruined World or Midgard no more of this glossy shiny hi-tech crap, where is my dirt and grit? The kind of world where it rains everyday because that's just what it does and misery can actually be felt just by looking around you.

With that said, I would like black to be trimmed from the parties color palette cause that's too easy and obvious.

I would actually like a traditional Turn Base battle system. If SE tries any harder to create seamless battles with A.I. party members and action oriented command styles they'll just accidentally make Star Ocean. Granted I would like some fresh ideas for how to use the turn base styles, like maybe borrowing one of P3's good elements and not screwing it up, like the element exploitation system.

I would love to see SE actually try to recreate the game design platform from FFVI/Chrono Trigger with the first half of the game being linear story to introduce the cast and plot elements and then let the second half be opened ended with the player choosing whether to tie up all the loose ends or just go straight for the ending.

Incorporate mini-games into the story but actually be good about it like VII did, and not tedious and feeling out of place like in X.

I would love a job class system, probably on par with FFTactics or if not, I want a system that would allow me to make multiple job roles with it, except actually balance the game so its practical to do so as opposed to being a novelty idea while you build a broken set-up.

Difficulty, and not XIII's controlled "smurf you players" difficulty like taking MegaTen's rule of killing the main character = Game Over, I mean make the game challenging so its not an easy walk to the park and simply grinding for an extra gil to grab that one item accidentally nets you three levels that has now made your party damn near invincible for the first half of the game. What I mostly want, is battles that require explotation of enemy weaknesses and A.I. Scripts, not just flashy super moves that do guaranteed max damage. Let's go back to IX and make status ailments something to be feared.

Let Hiroyuki Ito direct and battle system designer and Daisuke Watanabe and Masaru Oka write the story. Akihiko Yoshida can do art direction and Character designs (Not a stretch since he's been doing a lot of artwork for Squenix) and just keep Kitase and Wada away...

I can't think of what kind of characters I would like to see. I'll get back to that some other time when I'm in the mood.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

As much as I seem to disagree with many of your preferences for game design that list looks splendid.

It doesn't matter what we want. 15 is a multiple of 3. It will be amazing because that's the rule.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah I disagree with the mini games feeling out of place and tedious with X too. Also with the inclusion of Norse Mythos.

If they were going to go with a 60's American feel which I sadly feel that no one will, especially not the Japanese, I would want the party members to consist of a sword wielding soldier who represents the war image of the world, a pro black sista that uses a kusiragama that represents the civil rights struggle and a hippie girl that's the white mage that represents anti war and sexual expression of the time period.

There would also be a woman that expresses the conservatism and roles of women in that time period. I'm not sure about her weaponry or playstyle though. Another man could represent the music, hey may be rock or soul, either way his weapon would be his instrument and he'll play similarly to a bard or songstress. I'm tired of the six person or three person party as which has been done lately since X so I'll come back later and see if I could think of some more party members.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Just make a new Chrono game and name it FFXV..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I'd like them to create something similar to FFIX. Not in terms of gameplay but in terms of artstyle and the like. I'd also like them to expand on what they were doing with FFXII by having an open world with real time combat.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to agree with pretty much everything Wolf said, with the possible exception of having Daisuke Watanabe and Masaru Oka write. Maybe they could do it (Watanabe did work on XII which I loved), but looking at their writing credits, they also worked on some of my least favourite games of the last ten years. Which in Watanabe's case includes the worst RPG I've played in possibly as long, FFXIII.

What I really want though is the sort of gameplay Wolf talked about. Something challenging that makes the player learn and exploit the battle system effectively instead of something where you can level up a couple of times and stomp enemies for half of the game, or even worse, encourages you to repeat the same set of 2-3 actions for the entire game the way FFXIII did. And if it can avoid killing the player almost instantly for not knowing an enemies attack pattern the first time they fight it and making a single bad strategy choice the way FFXIII did it'll be even better.

In fact, long story short, if it's the opposite of FFXIII we may have the greatest RPG in 10 years on our hands.