Thread: Lvl Question

Default Lvl Question

Hey guys, Im not new to FF, but am new to the site.. and FFI, which I am playing right at this very moment (Dawn of Souls) for the first time. I just defeated Merilith and got my class changed by Bahamut, and arrived in a town Onrac. My party is all level 43 and 44 and the game is pretty easy compared to its sequels, I was just wondering what level I should be (considered safe) at for the next crystal dungeon?

Blog Entries

Not sure about dawn of souls but on the PS1 and original NES games, level 50 was max. I'm sure dawn of souls is different though. The Max is probably level 99.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Really? wow I didnt know that, im around 48 now, and just beat the kraken, lol This game is so short compared to the others.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There's no need to grind to certain levels for certain parts of the game, even on the NES version. Just progress naturally and you'll be fine

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I haven't played Dawn of Souls, only the original and Origins and I think my levels were around 38 so those levels you have seem really high.

Ok In Dawn of Souls you can level up above 50, all my party is 53 - 54, and im about to try the bonus duneon again because I failed at it

I remember the original being pretty hard so I've been grinding like a mad man. Level 30 and have not even fought Vampire level 12 yet.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

man, you can beat chaos at level 40, your fine
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Probably right seeing as I've had a breeze walking through the game at 50, but just noticed all these new dungeons on the psp version, and some of these have bosses that require a level much high than 50. Pretty cool how they slid these familiar enemy faces in. Not really sure why they changed the names of Ultros, Chupon and a few of them though.