Thread: 2010/11 NBA Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default 2010/11 NBA Season

I don't expect this thread to survive the whole season, but I'm a die hard C's fan, so of course I was going to make a thread. Needless to say, I'm a very happy boy

For some reason I was reading some of the comments on nba.com and it really is incredibly head-desk inducing. People can't seem to find a happy medium between "OMG, it's only the first game you're all insanely stoopid! heat numba 1!!!!" and "Stupid heat, sooooooooo over-rated!" Personally I came away from the Celtics v Heat game more impressed by how much better players like Marquis Daniels and Glen Davis seem to have gotten; Lebron's ability to control the point; and as always Rondo just gets better and better. Obviously the Heat aren't going to make a trend of losing, and they're destined to be in the top tier of teams this year (and probably for many years to come), but I don't think that necessarily means that Boston will lose to them next time they face off and I don't think that it means they're not a team that can be exploited (They have some serious issues at the 5 spot, where bosh obviously isn't comfortable being rotated to, and against someone like Dwight Howard I don't see how they're going to be able to cope).

As for the other games, I only caught the first half of the Lakers v Rockets matchup (which by the sounds of it means I missed pretty much all the good bits), from what I saw though Kobe did not seem to be firing like usual, even though Gasol was able to pick up a lot of the slack. The rockets definitely have the tools to make it to the playoffs and maybe even win a round 1 series, but it really does all seem to hinge on Yao (I'd forgotten just how much that guy spreads the floor). I only watched the highlights of the portland v phoenix matchup, but there didn't seem to be anything there that really caught my eye.

I also saw my first dodgy 'respect the game' call in the rockets-lakers match, I think it was Kevin Martin who got called for doing what essentially looked like nothing. I'm really not too big on the new rule, I just don't think there was really any need to enforce backtalk to that extent.

So yeah... YAY! Basketball season!

The Mavericks will win between 50 and 55 games and fizzle out in the playoffs.

Man. I don't even think I need to watch the season anymore.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really expect much from the Washington 'Bullets' this year, seeing that they are the local team where I live. Sure they got John Wall, but from what I am hearing, it appears that a lot of people are still angry at Gilbert Arenas and don't expect much from him this season, and that'll hurt the team. But I am excited that the new owner is going to put a lot of effort into making this team a successful one like the Capitals! I hear he's planning to bring back the team's old name.

As for the Heat, meh. I don't really see why everyone should be excited about them, but there's bound to be a lot of hate for the team, and it's been awhile since there's a team like that in the NBA.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Golden State sucks as does Sacramento. I'm actually interested in the new Heat because, like them or hate them, it's a story to follow regardless. I hope they meet the Celtics in the Eastern finals. The NBA really isn't that meaningful until the new year, and maybe not even then. When over half the teams make the playoffs the regular season is pretty lackluster.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm in love with Rajon Rondo and I don't care who knows it.

Blog Entries

w00t! Rockets win at last.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My friend's a rockets fan and I had quite a bit of fun at his expense this weekend when we were out drinking.

But Yao looks like a beast on a leash at the moment, 11 points in 7 minutes of play shows that he's still going to be capable of owning the court as soon as he's playing full games again.