Thread: Does anyone else hate missing conversations?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Does anyone else hate missing conversations?

I'm on my way to Galbadia Garden for the first time (during this playthrough) and I've missed a few conversations.

I ran away from the T-rex before Quistis could finish what she was saying.

I talked to Zell before other members on the train ride out of Timber and therefore didn't get to hear what Quistis or Rinoa had to say.

I have to say, little things like that really bother me. I've played through the game enough times to know what they say, but for some reason missing conversations just bothers the crap out of me. Even though missing them has no effect on the game itself, and I'm not missing any magazines or rare cards, I still feel like my playthrough is incomplete.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Only if I don't already know what they'll say, really. But if I don't, it bothers me a lot - sometimes enough to load the last save if I'm not very far along since.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I'm the same way. I have to search every nook thoroughly before I can move on. Sometimes I talk to the same NPCs twice just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Needless to say, it takes me forever to complete RPGs.

It really frustrates me when i am playing a game and I talk to the person that makes the game continue before you could talk to the others first.

E.g dragon quest when you are on the ship I made the error of talking to Jessica first then it ended the scene and I had to get off the boat and that pissed me off so I had to reload a save just to see what i had missed. XD

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

You guys are weird, I always want to get on with a game as fast as possible... prolly because I tend to lose interest in games if it takes to long to get to the good parts, but I honestly don't think I have ever spoken to everyone in a game before... though admittedly (and because of my brother) when I first played FFX I did end up figuring out what all the people who spoke albehd said, though in retrospect I think that might have been because I always like a puzzle and only had a few translated letters to go upon.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yes, I do not like it when conversations are skipped because a certain character will advance the scene automatically. I want to know what everyone has to say if I am experiencing the game for a second time!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I hate when someone else is playing a game for the first time and they skip all the dialog and cut-scenes, then they ask me what's going on. I just want to take the controller from their hands and play the game myself because their doing it wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by |-THE redmage-| View Post
    I hate when someone else is playing a game for the first time and they skip all the dialog and cut-scenes, then they ask me what's going on. I just want to take the controller from their hands and play the game myself because their doing it wrong.
    LOL I never had that experience, but that's probably something I would do.

I have done this, when I played RE5 for the first time with a friend, he skipped the intro and I literally slapped the controller out of his hand and went "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!" He has done this to me COUNTLESS times when we play Co-Op games, like with Halo 3 and ODST -_-' God I have slapped him so many times...I'm amazed he's still my friend.

Blog Entries

This annoys me to no end, too. What is the point in playing a game, and especially an RPG, if you just plough through it? I do not get it, and people who do it while I watch, usually get it, if you catch my drift.

Gosh yes, it drives me mad!