Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Competent Gay Character? Hurray!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was an insecure, overcompensating homophobe available as well.
    Pretty sure there is one character in the game with jann (the gay lancer's name)-hater or something like that as a potential. I've never used jann very much though so I don't know what sort of dialogue you get when the potential activates.

I also want to point out that there is a fair amount of male characters with the "fancies men" potential, and females with the "fancies girls" potential (and a few with both fancies men and girls), and many of them don't sound very stereotypical.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Arcade Gannon is a what?! Good lord! brb I have to take care of something

Okay, just rushed over to the Old Mormon Fort and smashed his head in with a tire iron. Thanks for the heads up, Laddy, you can never be too careful with this kind of thing!

On an actual serious note, Jimmy from Bully is a great example. I used to make a habit of making out with boys in front of the Jocks in the locker room. Then beating up said jocks. All while wearing tighty-wighties and a pirate hat.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don’t like it when people call Francis from Left 4 Dead gay, because I always fantasized him as an epic womanizer. But there is so much evidence for his homosexuality

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Eh it's implied in a few of the SF games but never really confirmed. But I like to think that he is.
    Yes, there are only implications about Zangief and his sexuality. The Street Fighter series suffers from a fragmented existence over multiple platforms and genres.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

DMKA mentioned the Fable games, but they're very gay friendly. A lot of the townsfolk are gay, and your character can have relations with men or women as you please. In Fable II there's a side quest where you help a young farmer come out to his father with adorable results.

Anyone play Earthbound? Jeff's best friend, the one that helps him sneak out of school was confirmed to be gay for some reason by the creators. Strange that they'd make such a small character gay, but I thought I'd mention it for those who didn't know.