Thread: Level 50 vs Level 99

Blog Entries

Default Level 50 vs Level 99

So in the original and Playstation versions of this game you are limited to level 50. I think its the gameboy advanced version where you can level up to level 99. My question is which is stronger? I imagine they did some work on the characters in the new. I just hope they didn't go beyond 999 HP. I do think they switched to MP though. Which do you prefer?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I prefer 50 just cause that's how I relate to things better. Like I said in another topic, I beat the game at LV38.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Hard to tell because they fixed a whole bunch of other mechanics for the GBA version, making your party overall quite a bit more effective.

I bet they go over 999. I beat the game at level 54 and my fighter was getting really close to 999.

In the PSX version, any level above 50 will probably be unnecessary to attain, unless you are purposefully trying to max out your characters. You can beat the game around 35 rather easily. Level 40 would be a cakewalk.

In the GBA version, you do not need to grind much. I cannot remember how high my levels were by the end of the game, but I'd guess they were hovering around 55 without grinding. Your characters grow much quicker in that version as well.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. Too many variables between the two versions.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I ended up at level 70 odd in the GBA version and it was really unnecessary. Everything was a cake walk.

Yeah, I totally agree with everyone, it was so easy on the GBA (I completed it at around level 55/60)
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.