Thread: You ever get so mad you throw a spoon at a Goblin?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default You ever get so mad you throw a spoon at a Goblin?

Talk about moments that made you rage, whether they be story or personal related. Like failing umpteen times at the chocobo thing in X.

Anyway I was playing I and hunting for Warmech for like an hour. He finally showed up and found out the hardway I was underleveled. Total party wipe.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Losing seven times in a row to Necron when I faced him for the first time got me quite angry, for sure. My party sucked when I first played through IX... Then the second time I attempted at beating him (after those 7 defeats the first time), I beat him in one go. That's because Grand Cross is such a gamble it drives you up the wall.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Turtle hunting

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post

Turtle hunting
    This was a pain at first, but it got to the point that I couldn't really die, so it was just tedious.

The only time I've ever actually thrown my controller was a personal fight with my girlfriend, the worst fight we've ever had and I threw it down so hard that the buttons got messed up somehow... example: Triangle didn't do anything, but R1 did what triangle did. It was pretty bad.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, of all goddamn games. Couldn't solve the puzzle in the Focus Tower which allows one to advance ahead.

I crushed my controller by stomping on it repeatedly with my bare foot.

My dad's all like; I ain't gettin you another one.

The worse of it is, this was my second playthrough...I don't remember having a hard time of it the first time round. So what the hell happened the second time...

The scariest part of this though, is why the hell did I even want to play through this crap again.

GO KID

Don't blame me. Blame yourself, or blame God.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Never had this happen to me in a final fantasy game, though there was this one hole in Tiger Woods 2004 which was like a u bend where I had the best equipment but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the ball to land on the green... it got so bad I vowed never to play that hole again, and never have since, it was a really really stressy time for me, I hit the arm of my chair so loud my brother came in to see what I was shouting about.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I was up late playing FF7 PC, and I had just finished the stolen materia sidequest. I decided to take on the Pagoda with Yuffie never having used Yuffie once, and mostly speed running through the game up till that point. I made it trough just fine until I got to Godo. By keepig a rough track of how much damage I was doing and how much he was healing I couldn't even tell if I was reducing his HP at all. It was late, I really really wanted to go to bed, and the fight dragged on for half an hour. After burning though all of my ethers and elixers I finally downed him..... and the game crashed half way trough the cut scene.

Worst one was Dissida. I had managed to get myself locked in a fight with an enemy 10 levels higher than me, with only 1 hp to start with. After probably an hour of attempts I finally had the winning bow within my sights.... and the camera got stuck on a wall and didn't follow me to the top floor. I picked up my PSP, whipped my arm back to throw it, an caught my self before I followed though and released. Then as I sat there holding the PSP steaming I noticed I was clenching so hard the plastic was all starting to buckle.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't really have a story til VeloZer0 mentioned Dissidia and then it came back to me.

I have a ton of stories from Dissidia, mostly involving trying to get rare items off of lv 100 enemies using the Honey Bee Gear which significantly handicaps the player. I hate abusing Cloud and Terra's EX-modes but dear god it was the only way... I'm still missing stuff as well but just grew too apathetic to collect everything.

Learning Kefka and Ex-Death had their moments as well...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tidus's ultimate weapon crest when you had to get the smurfing balloons on chocobo. I hated that quest so much. Just could not do it for the life of me. In my first playthrough I think I tried it 50 times and never got the high score so eventually quit. It was the only ultimate weapon I didn't fully upgrade. Then on my second playthrough I tried it again (with dread) and got it on like the 3rd try. Go figure.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Final Fantasy games are usually pretty easy and anything that's unreasonably difficult is something that's probably not going to be fun in the first place so I just skip it if possible.

Though I remember my first time playing the Lunarians' chapter in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and when I got to Bahamut's cave, I was attacked from behind by a malboro and it killed me before I could get an action in. I was at full HP and MP, too. There was nothing I could do about it. It had nothing to do with my actions.