Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Go For All the Trophies/Achievements in Games?

I got real close to the platinum on HAWX 1, but never made it past 97%. Lately I just don't have the time to bother with trophies, as I'm struggling to find the time to even finish a game.

Oh, and some trophies on 'create and play' games LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers are just ridiculous, like getting 10.000 people to download your creation for example. Only a handfull achieve that.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Oh, and some trophies on 'create and play' games LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers are just ridiculous, like getting 10.000 people to download your creation for example.
    That's bullmalarky. You don't even have control over that.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The main achievements I get are the ones what I find fun, however I happen to enjoy stupid challenges like completing veteran difficulty in CoD games or Legendary in Halo (I only need to bother getting the Mile High Club achievement in CoD MW for the complete set I just really can't be bothered to sit down and fry my brain for the hour or two it will take to complete the 90 second mission for 20g and a completed game award) Most of the time I find the not so fun achievements come along by doing the fun ones in anycase. I don't enjoy multiplayer achievements like the ones Paul mentions, they plain suck.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    the If They Came To Hear Me Beg Achievement from Reach. It took a while to get but it made me squeal when I finally got it.
    From my FileShare:

"Sprunch - I Came While Hearing Him Beg"

smurfing hell that's beautiful.

Anywho, yeah, I'll do them if they look fun or interesting. like "Kill 10,000 in multiplayer using your big toe!" or "Find all 500 of the pointless hidden collection items" can smurf right off though.
    I'd say the same but I've been known to do collection achievements because I am that big of an Achievement whore.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've never collected achievements unless I think they are intrinsically fun to get in and of themselves. Stuff like get under 1:00 for the first level of Sonic 4 or killing any enemy by jumping on it in Borderlands is all good fun.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I usually just grab some of the ones that come through a normal play-through. But I also tend to gander at the trophy list so there are times when I'll try to nab certain obscure ones when the opportunity arises just to spice things up. For instance, I kept failing and re-trying a certain boss fight in Batman: AA so I could get the silver trophy for winning with a prohibitive tactic (take down a Titan without a batarang). It's one of those ones that seems like it was thrown in to pad out the trophy list, but it actually ended up making me a better player by forcing me to use tactics I wouldn't normally use. My repertoire was deadly from then on out.

As for completing a trophy list, I don't have a single PSN Platinum yet, although I'm pretty close on a few (Batman: AA and Bayonetta) and getting up there with a couple others too (Fallout 3, SSF4). I also have 100% on a few downloadable titles like Flower, echochrome, and PJ Shooter, but none of those offer Platinums.

Only if it's a favourite game of mine. Getting more trophies is fun not a chore then.

Nope, never been interested in them or saw the point of them.
    Some are just silly, ie. kill x enimies with x weapon in Uncharted 2. Some games just have too many, like Burnout Paradise.

My highest is 61% on God of War 3 after playing through twice, on normal and hard modes.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If I enjoy the game, or if I'm really bored. Like Levian, I enjoy the extra challenge. I'm not sure how many games I've got 100% in, because my account is bugged out and thinks I'm missing 1 achievement in every retail game, but it looks like I got at least 12 arcade games.
    Big titles include GTA IV (which was the most work), Halo Reach, ODST (I got close with both 3 and Halo Wars, but I got bored on the home stretch) L4D2, BioShock (I did clock BioShock 2, but then they brought out DLC and I just could not be bothered), uhh... what else. I'm close with a couple. I've beat RDR a few times, and now I'm shaving off the last few multiplayer DLC achievements. Also... L4D1 has this whorish problem with the Sacrifizzled achievement where NOBODY can get it unless they hack their achievements, so I am missing that one.

Blog Entries

I never go for trophies or achievements unless they come out of something in-game. I went and collected all the costumes for RDR, for example, but really only because I wanted to see what all the alternate costumes looked like.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the If They Came To Hear Me Beg Achievement from Reach. It took a while to get but it made me squeal when I finally got it.
    From my FileShare:

For those who don't know and can't tell from my awesome screenshot, you get it by hurling yourself off a cliff, then using a lovely alien fella's skull to cushion your fall. It is not easy!
    I still don't have that one and I just tried it on Pillar of Autumn like 15 times.

I love getting plats. Me and an online friend of mine have had about a 2 year long trophy contest going too.

I currently have 7 platinum trophies on:
    InFamous
    Dead Space
    Fallout 3
    Sega Megadrive: Ultimate Collection
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    CoD: WaW
    Godfather 2

I am 1 trophy away from getting a plat on GoW3...I just CAN'T beat that giant scorpion on Spartan mode, I know if I did that I'd be able to finish the rest of the game. No doubt I'll get the platinum for Fallout: New Vegas soon too. I also almost had Assassins Creed 2 platinum but I had to give the game back and can't be bothered to get it again.
    I'm also 1 trophy away from getting plat on Tomb Raider: Underworld, but I lost my save and I'm never going to look for ALL of the treasures again....I was only about 3 away from winning too.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    From my FileShare:

For those who don't know and can't tell from my awesome screenshot, you get it by hurling yourself off a cliff, then using a lovely alien fella's skull to cushion your fall. It is not easy!
    I still don't have that one and I just tried it on Pillar of Autumn like 15 times.
    I don't have it either, tempted since it's right at start of level to try and get it on my solo legendary run when I finish it off. Yes I do intend to look even more badass than Paul.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, I just want to get the achievement. Why do you have to try and one-up Paul?

Apparently there's a trophy in Uno where you have to reach the top of the leaderboards or something like that. That's just dumb.