Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of games do you HATE?

Default What kind of games do you HATE?

You always see topics on forums asking about what your favourite kind of games are, but how about ones you don't like at all?

For me, it has to be Racing games. I really find them to be quite boring, generally. I don't mind silly ones like Mario Kart, but the serious style games like Gran Turismo put me to sleep. Actually, extend that to any game where the gameplay revolves around vehicles of some kind. I don't like flying games either! My brother has a lot of them and tries to make me play, but bleh. Planes? Really? No thank you. I'm sure I would hate games where you have to sail a boat or something, too!

So, how about you guys?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate flying games too! I'm no good at them. =|

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I hate racing games too, cars bore me.

First person shooters, I have never been that good at them or enjoyed them.
    Also fighting games when played online.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Blog Entries

Soccer games. I've never ever managed to enjoy one in the least.

Pretentious indie games like Braid and Limbo.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Mostly third-person fighting games. Heavenly Sword, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, the list goes on.

Str8 Pimpin'

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Sports games and RTS.
    I like Kung-Fu.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ITT people who never played Sky Odyssey

I can't think of any genre that I hate. Racing and sports aren't high on my list normally, except that when you play couch multiplayer with a bro they are smurfing awesome. And while I don't get into, say, Gran Turismo very much, I can certainly see the appeal - if someone made a WipeOut game with that much simulatey detail I'd probably die of starvation before I stopped playing.

I guess I'm not the world's biggest fan of puzzle games? But then that includes Intelligent Qube and stuff so not really. It's probably my least liked genre but that's still a long way from hate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

bad games, and it's even worse when they're being super hyped and overrated. like for example final fantasy 13 or modern warfare 2.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Hate is too strong of a word, but I would say that I dislike far more genres than I like.

Fighting Games: I'm not dexterous nor do I enjoy trying to develop this ability. The exception is polar based fighting games. (Ex: Dissidia, DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi#)

Racing Games: I don't like cars, nor do I like video game driving mechanics. SNES Mario Cart is the most I can deal with.

Sports Games: What I like about sports is the physical aspect, which video games have none of.

Sandbox Games: I get real bored real fast. Also, you can't do 'anything' you can do almost nothing, just the couple dozen things the game designers wanted to focus on. Also conflicts with my problems with:

Third Person: I just can't really get into manuvering a character from the thrid person perspective. I always run into walls, have completely messed up perceptions for jumps, etc.)

Dark Games: Good lord, I can't stand any game where I can't clearly see exactly what is going on. Any FPS game I am playing is an insta-quit if I get into an area that is dark enough that I can't clearly see where to go next.

Any game with permanent choices: I hate having to make a choice on something early in the game that will affect the rest of the game, when I have no idea how the mechanics later in the game will be working. Instead of the intended 'do what you want' I find it turns into a game of reading the developers mind in terms of how the rest of the game will progress.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Hate is too strong of a word, but I would say that I dislike far more genres than I like.

Fighting Games: I'm not dexterous nor do I enjoy trying to develop this ability. The exception is polar based fighting games. (Ex: Dissidia, DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi#)

Racing Games: I don't like cars, nor do I like video game driving mechanics. SNES Mario Cart is the most I can deal with.

Sports Games: What I like about sports is the physical aspect, which video games have none of.

Sandbox Games: I get real bored real fast. Also, you can't do 'anything' you can do almost nothing, just the couple dozen things the game designers wanted to focus on. Also conflicts with my problems with:

Third Person: I just can't really get into manuvering a character from the thrid person perspective. I always run into walls, have completely messed up perceptions for jumps, etc.)

Dark Games: Good lord, I can't stand any game where I can't clearly see exactly what is going on. Any FPS game I am playing is an insta-quit if I get into an area that is dark enough that I can't clearly see where to go next.

Any game with permanent choices: I hate having to make a choice on something early in the game that will affect the rest of the game, when I have no idea how the mechanics later in the game will be working. Instead of the intended 'do what you want' I find it turns into a game of reading the developers mind in terms of how the rest of the game will progress.
    You could have just saved yourself the typing and said "All games".
    I like Kung-Fu.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It hasn't been a great decade for me

Blog Entries

Ah, I love sandbox games!

I don't really like flying games either, although when I was young I used to like flying the planes really high up in the sky and then let them crash to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    everything
    You could have just saved yourself the typing and said "All games".
    Seriously. Third person perspectives? That's, like, the vast majority of games.