Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.006 Points in CHocobo Hot & Gold! Now where's my life...

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    chance of excalibur 2 in hot and cold:
    forest: 1/111,111,111,110 disk 4 only
    lagoon: 1/111,111,111,000 disk 4 only
    sky: 1/111,000,000,001 disk 3+4
    To Chocobo's Air Garden we go.
    JUST SCANNED DISK4:
    if you reach disk 4 before 12 hours the chance doubles until gameplay reaches 14 hours, also it becomes 4 times as likely, (which isnt that big of a difference) if you defeat the big round guy in air garden. It will not show up for some reason (unless I read the thing wrong which is definatively possible) if both Garnet and Quina are in the party, unless Steiner is also present. It will not show up if you have excalibur 1 equiped or if you own the other excalibur 2. Also, it will not show up if you have defeated the boss immediatly before Kuja in disk 4. Other than that, I dont know. plus, wow I havent ever gotten ultima wepon in any of them, whoever did must play a ton.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I'm not sure if anyone actually has, but it's in the game code. I think you can even get that after you've gotten the 1st copies of them, but I'm not positive about that.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Getting an Excalibur II with Chocobo Hot & Gold is as likely as winning euro millions, I guess. 1 chance in a million. But there has to be some lucky fellow out there who did it, just like there's a winner in euro millions.

Now, one thing keeps bothering me...

What oh what is that Moogle gonna do with all that gill he ripped off me, kupo?!
    Mmmmm.... buy another Robe of Lords to replace the one he gave you so that he can lure another lifeless player to get it?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't think I've ever took the time to get the robe through H&C.

Blog Entries

I just played enough to get a gold chocobo, even though the music is delighfully catchy.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I always wanted the Robe of Lords but could never be bothered to get that many points. I'm impressed, thoroughly. I usually just bottom out at 1000 points and call it a day.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Mene: But you'll need to stop, I'll go out of business if you keep going

Piss off Mene we had that wasnt part of the deal! Oh hey guys I'll charge you to dig here but only while you suck at it otherwise i'll have to stop you. Why the hell are you charging me to dig here anyway, you dont own the land, are you burying the treasures yourself or something? If so why dont you just sell the bloody chocographs!?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I always wanted the Robe of Lords but could never be bothered to get that many points. I'm impressed, thoroughly. I usually just bottom out at 1000 points and call it a day.
    You can get it without Hot&Cold. I think it's in a treasure in mapped in a chocograph. There isn't much incentive to grind for an item you can in less time for free. I think they should've replaced that with a key item like Master Hunter.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I only really bothered with CH&C until I got all the Chocographs. It was a fun minigame as far as they go, and I liked the music, which is very catchy. I don't think I ever really bothered to redeem my points, really. Certainly never enough to try and get the Robe of Lords anyway!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Getting an Excalibur II with Chocobo Hot & Gold is as likely as winning euro millions, I guess. 1 chance in a million. But there has to be some lucky fellow out there who did it, just like there's a winner in euro millions.
    Actually, according to the previously linked chances, 1 in over 100 billion. That is much, much rarer. Your odds of winning the lottery are probably higher.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I was really bored one recent night, and I went from about 1,500 to 10,000 points in just a couple hours. Once you have an ocean chocobo, I find it really easy to get a few hundred points per game in the Lagoon.
    "I don't always feel lucky, but I'm smart enough to try"

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

True.

I forgot to post this the last time I was in this thread, but there is one object that is even rarer than Excalibur II. at 1/3,212,321,232,123 an object that is listed simply as P is findable, but it doesnt seem to do anything from what I could gather. Extra code perhaps?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Getting thousands of points in that game was no big deal for me since I played it more than pretty much anything (bought all the items on that moogle's list, some multiple times). My only complaint about it is that I could reach the max amount of items you're allowed to find per game (8 I think it was) really fast in the ocean cave, but in the sky garden I hardly ever got more than 5 or 6 since it took too much time to run back and forth between the two floating islands. On that note I would think it would be best to stay at the cave to search for the sword if you want it since overall you could get a lot more chances in finding it even if the odds are slightly higher for the sky garden.