Thread: For the thieves...

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default For the thieves...

Do you try to steal at least once from every type of enemy in the game, or do you just steal from the bosses?

I'm deciding whether or not the frequency I see "Couldn't steal!" is worth it.

Blog Entries

I like games where you can go back and steal from enemies. I hate it when there is a 1 of a kind item on an enemy and you can't ever get it cause that part of the world is blocked off. It always happens. My advise is to steal from bosses and maybe consult a guide for missable items.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You should specifically look up what items that you want to receive as stolen goods, or you should configure your party in a way that leaves the Thief with nothing to do except use Steal without impacting the efficiency of the party.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really remember any of the bosses having items worth stealing to be honest. On the other hand there are tons of equipment from normal enemies that net you better items. The best whip and katana are items stolen or dropped from end game enemies. There's also the Death Scythe for Berserkers in the first world and probably a few other items I'm forgetting.