Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)

I saw it at the midnight screening with my mommy. It was awesome. They fixed some missing things in the first like five minutes "Hi i'm bill weasley, you never met me before but i'm risking my life for you." (paraphrased of course )

I was just about to make this,lol.
    I also saw the midnight showing and I was fairly happy with how much they covered in the first movie since I thought it was gonna be a lot more camping,which I'm glad they omitted.
    Although I was a bit upset about there being no closure between Harry and the Dursleys, I kinda remember them having some kind of talk with one another before leaving.
    Overall, I liked it alot. Not the best, but certainly not as bad as Half-Blood Prince.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Woo! Harry Potter!

I'm going to pass out now, I'm exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
    Overall, I liked it alot. Not the best, but certainly not as bad as Half-Blood Prince.
    Which HP movie is better? Just wondering.

Not since Chamber of Secrets had they followed a book so to-the-letter. This time, though, because they had the time to do so, it worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Which HP movie is better? Just wondering.

Not since Chamber of Secrets had they followed a book so to-the-letter. This time, though, because they had the time to do so, it worked very well.
    If you mean between DH Part 1 and HBP then definitely the former. If you mean overall across the entire series, Prizoner of Azkaban has always been my favorite.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's a double movie so while I'm excited I'd rather wait until the movies are both released. But what am I kidding?

I cannot believe they didn't show Bill earlier. Now his entrance will be awkward and pointless.

PS: is the pacing better now that they have 6 hours? Or is it still rushed?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I also saw the midnight showing and I was fairly happy with how much they covered in the first movie since I thought it was gonna be a lot more camping,which I'm glad they omitted.
    Although I was a bit upset about there being no closure between Harry and the Dursleys, I kinda remember them having some kind of talk with one another before leaving.
    Yeah, they sort of ceased to exist after the third movie (though I think they did briefly appear in the sixth?). I hope there is some closure in the final movie.

Also everyone has seen this movie but me

Seventh book spoilersDoes Part 1 end where Harry "dies"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Yeah, they sort of ceased to exist after the third movie (though I think they did briefly appear in the sixth?). I hope there is some closure in the final movie.

Also everyone has seen this movie but me

Seventh book spoilersDoes Part 1 end where Harry "dies"?
    That would basically be the entire book,lol.
    It ends right after (SPOILER)Dobby dies and Voldemort visits Dumbledore's tomb to take the Elder Wand.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aside from leaving out my favorite part (the Dumbledore youth drama, which I understand would be difficult to portray), this movie was fairly spot on and beautifully shot.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

If you need plot summaries to refresh your brain, try Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Harry Potter Wiki instead of wikipedia

Blog Entries

Now that I'm not dead tired, I really enjoyed this one. I feel like it has the best pacing of any of the movies, which it damn well better have had.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will say the same thing I've said for the other six movies: As someone who never read the books, I liked it. The only thing that bugged me was sitting next to Ashley, 'cause during every slightly inaccurate part she has to shake her head like someone's killing her baby in front of her.

Also, Dobby's funeral was too much. Dobby is great and all, but he wasn't in the movies much so so much focus on his death didn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I will say the same thing I've said for the other six movies: As someone who never read the books, I liked it. The only thing that bugged me was sitting next to Ashley, 'cause during every slightly inaccurate part she has to shake her head like someone's killing her baby in front of her.

Also, Dobby's funeral was too much. Dobby is great and all, but he wasn't in the movies much so so much focus on his death didn't feel right.
    What part was even slightly inaccurate? They took out some things - like going into Dumbledore's youthful homosexual indiscretions - but I don't recall much of anything that was even changed. I don't see how anyone could be upset with inaccuracies, because it didn't feel like there were any. Of course, I haven't read the seventh book since the day it came out, which was over three years ago.

Blog Entries

It was like the most accurate movie of the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I don't know what was inaccurate.