Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving NOM NOM NOM

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Thanksgiving NOM NOM NOM

I'm headed to the grocery store soon to pick up some stuff for Thanksgiving dinner.

Planning on making:

Brussel sprouts hash with pomegranate molasses, shallots and bacon.
    Sauteed wild mushrooms
    Pumpkin & shrimp bisque
    Pecan pie!

Boyfriend's mommy will be providing the deep fried turkey and various other thanksgiving-y side dishes.

Are you doing any cooking for Thanksgiving? What are your favorite thanksgiving dishes?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Mashed potatoes! Or stuffing. My brother just dumps boxes and boxes of stuffing in a pot to cook and we just eat stuffing as its own dish.

I dislike turkey very much though. So instead I eat a lot of smoked salmon

Blog Entries

I never do any cooking for thankgiving! all the men sit around drinking beer and watching football!
    I love it all! EVERYTHING! Turkey (dark meat plz thx) stuffing, homemade gravy, HOME MADE ROLLS YUM! it's all soooo good. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

Also, one goodthing about parents being split up is I get two thanksgivings every year! I just had one dinner this last saturday with my dad but moms is where the best food is at

I do nothing because I have nothing to be thankful for and I am English. These two facts are related.

Trust No one

I get to go to Kansas and eat mass amounts of stuffing/dressing. I also have to read Machiavelli for one of my classes.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no View Post
    I do nothing because I have nothing to be thankful for and I am English. These two facts are related.
    Indeed. England earned her wealth and glory, we did not beg for scraps at the dinner table of God!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I am not cooking, because I only have to show up at my mom's. I am not particularly thankful, though, as I will have to be preparing for exams and finalizing this legal brief over break.

My favorite classic Thanksgiving item would have to be pumpkin pie. I like turkey, but it's far from my favorite meat (chicken and steak are ahead of it). My mom doesn't particularly give a crap about turkey either (my anti-tradtionalism has worn off on her a bit), so we might not even have one this year, based on what she told me a while ago.

Doctor Who?

Generally there are around 20+ people who come to my house for Thanksgiving each year. It used to be that just the women adults would cook food, but the last couple of years, they've made my sister and I help cook. This year I'm down for making:
    Two different kinds of potato salad,
    Chicken stuffing,
    deviled eggs,
    and mashed potatoes.
    Other than that, there will also be:
    Corn, Green beans, rolls, biscuits, two chocolate pies, two cheesecakes, a butterscotch pie, chocolate cake, and of course, two hams and a turkey.
    You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I find it lol worthy that anybody living in a 2nd world nation (like USSR or China lol china) or up can say with a straight face that they have nothing to be thankful for.

I'm incessantly aware of how ridiculously lucky and fortunate I am, but I find it actually easier to empathize with society by acting self important and entitled to said luck and fortune.

Thanksgiving for me is a constant reminder that not only do people get things they don't deserve, but that I too, can get things I don't deserve.

Just a little bit of self-righteous ranting in a food thread.

Blog Entries

I'm driving all over WNY and Ohio. Ugh! Although on Thursday I will be at my boyfriend's mother's house, and she's a wonderful cook. I can't wait! I'm most excited for sweet potatoes.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We have mostly the same thing every year but I love most of it.

Turkey, dressing (not stuffing!), cranberry sauce, fried sweet potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, fresh southern style green beans, biscuits, carrot souffle (my sister has lost her mind,) pumpkin pie, pecan pie and banana pudding. I also usually go visit my aunt and steal some of her sweet potato casserole and this year she's making a pumpkin cake. What? Yes. Must have it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

cannot get enough of my mom's dressing.

I think I want to try to make sweet potato chips or fries this year to accentuate the sweet potato casserole, which I might eat, since I've developed a new taste for sweet potato!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm making sunomono and birthday cake.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to work on both my family's thanksgiving (Thanksgiving day) and my boyfriend's family's thanksgiving (black Friday) so I don't get a thanksgiving this year. But at least I get extra money, time and a half on Thanksgiving Day!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving