Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People with Abilities

"FFIX wasn't rememberable? You have to be crazy." is a far, distant cry from "I met a lady who could move things with her mind."

I'll give you the immaturity bit, but the other two aren't really prevalent in the thread. Your inability or more aptly, refusal to provide proof (citing asinine reasoning that "we're capable of doing the work ourselves") doesn't really help your argument either.

Don't rely on the kindness of strangers.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

The veracity of your wild claims would disprove almost all of modern science, which has thousands and thousands of people devoting their lives to researching and studying and coming up with falsifiable explanations for observable phenomenon. Not only is there no evidence for the existence of such psychic abilities, but they are impossible based on everything we know about how the universe operates. A lot more than anecdotes is required to dismantle all of that knowledge and experiment-backed conclusions.

Opinions and views deserve only that respect which they merit. Your beliefs in this particular thread deserve none -- hence, all the fun everyone is having in this thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If she can move with her mind, then why is she a college advisor? Surely her talents could take her places.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

"FFIX wasn't rememberable? You have to be crazy." is a far, distant cry from "I met a lady who could move things with her mind."
    Those two aren't even related, re-read my post again as it seems that you didn't get my message.

I'll give you the immaturity bit, but the other two aren't really prevalent in the thread. Your inability or more aptly, refusal to provide proof (citing asinine reasoning that "we're capable of doing the work ourselves") doesn't really help your argument either.
    What is asinine about it? Again re read my posts.

The veracity of your wild claims would disprove almost all of modern science, which has thousands and thousands of people devoting their lives to researching and studying and coming up with falsifiable explanations for observable phenomenon. Not only is there no evidence for the existence of such psychic abilities, but they are impossible based on everything we know about how the universe operates. A lot more than anecdotes is required to dismantle all of that knowledge and experiment-backed conclusions.

Opinions and views deserve only that respect which they merit. Your beliefs in this particular thread deserve none -- hence, all the fun everyone is having in this thread.
    Claims? Re-read my posts. Also what was the point of stating things we both are aware of? You are wrong on the last part, as I said respect is exchanged with courtesy and it is not limited to it.

Don't rely on the kindness of strangers.
    What is wrong with that? My conscience bothers me if I only expect the worse of people and not the inclusion of the best as well.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'm a pokemon master. But don't try to make me prove evidence. Blessed art thou who believe without seeing.

Maybe you should reread your post. Or maybe rewrite it, as it obviously didn't come across as intended.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I reread it and I don't see a purpose for a rewrite. Also what is obvious to some is not obvious to others which is why I asked for you to reread it.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 11-24-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries

There must be a logical explanation concerning why she could move the cursor in that way. You should catch her E-Mail and ask her about it and see if she has an alternate input device. You said that she was moving her head, so maybe it had something to do with that.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I reread it and I don't see a purpose for a rewrite. Also what is obvious to some is not obvious to others which I asked for you to reread it.
    Sometimes a cat eats my candy but I use the force to stop her. Then we fight pikachu for the pokemon championship

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Do not ask me for explanations or evidence for those as you all are capable of doing the research if you are a member of this site and have access to your account.
    I did the research and I came across a device that allows you to move a cursor with your brain, usually by doing slight movements with your head as described in your original post. Perhaps she is paralyzed from the neck down and you didn't notice, or she's just using one for the hell of it

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah we do now have man-machine interfacing sufficient to permit this. However, it's still experimental and expensive so they only put them into paraplegics.

My only inborn power was the uncanny ability to detect twinkies within my line of sight, but I was bitten by a radioactive bandicoot and now I can transform into lightly golden toast on full moons.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    There must be a logical explanation concerning why she could move the cursor in that way. You should catch her E-Mail and ask her about it and see if she has an alternate input device. You said that she was moving her head, so maybe it had something to do with that.
    I already found out what it was this morning. I didn't mention this earlier because people still wanted to argue about something I had never said and I was hoping that they would catch that.

I did the research and I came across a device that allows you to move a cursor with your brain, usually by doing slight movements with your head as described in your original post. Perhaps she is paralyzed from the neck down and you didn't notice, or she's just using one for the hell of it
    What I was particularly talking about research was concerning the last line I had written before that sentence. Research about your own traits of immaturity, self-contradiction, and narrow mindedness. Also after more thinking I am also finding double standards.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You're only lying to yourself.

Blog Entries

I have The power of mint and berries, with a satisfying, tasty crunch

Shablagoo!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Foot-controlled mice are actually more prominent than you may believe. I work in an IT company and of the 8,000 or so users I've been ordering kit for over the past eight years (and I do all the kit ordering), I'd say around 10-15 of them have wrist controlled mice, 20 or so of them have rollerball mice (wrist/palm-controlled) and a few of them have foot-controlled mice. Admittedly, I don't know of anyone with a mouse controlled by anything but their limbs - so no head controlled mice here. There are however some very powerful pointer devices and wireless mice that can be used even from our bathroom... which is always amusing due to the tiny receiver they have. You put it into someone's desktop, sit some distance away, wait for them to sit down and then begin messing with them.

Moon: People have no solid reason to believe in mind control much like people have no solid reason to believe in the Loch Ness Monster. They aren't saying they have proof that it does not exist, but rather to say that there are far more likely explanations which you have not yet discounted. You can be no more stunned that people don't believe in mind control than a member of the KKK can be stunned that people believe a black president is OK. Basically, those that believe in the power to control a computer input device with their mind and mind alone have always been in the minority. If you thought otherwise, you are clearly mistaken.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!