Thread: Running FF8 from ISO problem.

Question Running FF8 from ISO problem.

I open the startup.exe from the install disc and the install screen comes up. I click Install from the screen and it looks to load for a second but the install wizard doesn't come up. I did check my task manager to see if any tasks were being opened after multiple tries. There were quite a few setup.exe tasks in my processes tab.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I assume you're attempting to install the PC version onto your computer? I have no experience with it, but it would help someone who can help you if you told us what operating system you're using and such.

If you are not on an administrator account, that could be the issue.

I'm running windows 7 64-bit and I'm using daemon tools to mount the ISO's. And yes, I am an administrator, it's the only account on my computer.

Just clarifying, this ISO is the PC version of Final Fantasy 8 that you are trying to load, correct?

yes, it's the PC version. there wouldn't be a install disc if it was the PSX version.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

daemon tools no longer has the ability to create licenses. Therefore, either it's not supposed to be in ISO form, or you "bought" a broken version. Also, check how big the file is, if it's under 1.3 gigs, its junk files and a virus.

THE END
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    daemon tools no longer has the ability to create licenses. Therefore, either it's not supposed to be in ISO form, or you "bought" a broken version. Also, check how big the file is, if it's under 1.3 gigs, its junk files and a virus.

THE END
    it's 2.8GB

Articles
    Blog Entries

... the game isnt that large....
    youve got overlapping data

... the game isnt that large....
    youve got overlapping data
    It's 5 discs, 4 game discs and 1 install disc, a CD-ROM can hold up to 700MB so 2.89GB divided by 5 discs is a 591.872MB average.

Articles
    Blog Entries

the disks usually fit into 1.6 gigs, but ill check it out. Is it in disk or data form.

the disks usually fit into 1.6 gigs, but ill check it out. Is it in disk or data form.
    It has almost been a month since your post, but I figure with my experience in handling the PC version of the game, I thought my input would not be entirely out of place. All 4 ISOs of the game discs add up to 2,802,358,807 bytes (2.60GB). Discs 1,2 and 3 were ripped to ISO by myself and I had to download the 4th disc because I couldn't rip it from my Disc 4 for some reason. I take care of my CD's, DVD's and Blu-Rays, so it is certainly baffling--I have an Ugly Kid Joe CD from the early 90's (1993 I think), and it's still in mint-condition--but I have had zero problems with the one I was forced to download.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Default Help...

Hey guys, i'm a newbie on this forum so help a brother out -

I'm having the same problem as the OP.
    Basically I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and downloaded a 'FF8 PC-DVD syndre' torrent which is about 2.1 gig.

When I mount the file with daemon tools, the autoplay pops up fine but when I click install absolutely nothing happens. Just FYI I downloaded FF7 torrent too (not the Ultima version), and the same thing happens - it simply refuses to do anything when I click install.

I have tried running it in all compatibility modes and nothing works... It's really annoying! I've searched forums high and low and haven't found this same issue anywhere.

Essentially i'm having the same problem as OP and I notice in the processes tab that some '32 bit setup launchers' are on the list... Is that relevant?

Would really appreciate any advice, as I love these titles.