Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For all Final Fantasy and Twilight Saga fans...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Sir, I said no haters in this thread!
    I chose to ignore that statement. Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you can't handle adverse opinions.

Meyers' prose is objectively atrocious. The poorly composed narrative is distracting without any literary value. I don't require that a work be written in immaculate grammar, but I do ask that if an author wishes to be creative that the creativity serve a greater purpose for the narrative. Meyers has no such excuse. It's just bad writing. There are better romances and better vampire stories (and, no doubt, better vampire romances) out there than Twilight. I feel bad for the people who are so hard over Twilight that they never discover that.

The only issue I have with Twilight is that female vampires can't have babies.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

You're concerned that undead monstrosities aren't capable of giving birth? I'm bothered that somehow something which is neither quite living nor dead somehow has viable sperm.

I do have my own criticisms of the Twilight Saga, but I'm still a fan.

Man-oh-man, you and I are polar opposites...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Thanks for the compliment.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Great, first post of this thread and I had lightning's real name spoiled for me? Thanks, jerk.

Also, your character choices from the other games don't even make sense. Alice is supposed to be a psychic who is in love with Jasper-- why not make *her* Ellone and Jasper like Doc Odine or something?

Rosalie is a mothering bitch, so she'd be like Queen Brahne, and Emmett would be someone hulky but not too stupid-- Raijin maybe?

Anyways, MJN Seifer, I would've said your post about not judging twilight before seeing it was pretty dumb, except the fact that the movies actually made the story much less painful.

Twilight is on the level of Dan Brown or John Grisham. Hack writing that serves only to tell some plot, and s all over the language to do it.

Now, if we wanted to debate the importance of plot to writing or storytelling, that would be an interesting discussion. We of this forum have already done so many times with video games. Anyways, if such a discussion arises, I would posit that the authors I named, and their ilk, depend on the equivalence of HFCS to get their addicted bees to the flower, while literature will depend on clever spices, contrastive flavors, and lots of care in the process.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dan Brown makes a mean turd sandwich, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Great, first post of this thread and I had lightning's real name spoiled for me? Thanks, jerk.

Also, your character choices from the other games don't even make sense. Alice is supposed to be a psychic who is in love with Jasper-- why not make *her* Ellone and Jasper like Doc Odine or something?

Rosalie is a mothering b****, so she'd be like Queen Brahne, and Emmett would be someone hulky but not too stupid-- Raijin maybe?

Anyways, MJN Seifer, I would've said your post about not judging twilight before seeing it was pretty dumb, except the fact that the movies actually made the story much less painful.

Twilight is on the level of Dan Brown or John Grisham. Hack writing that serves only to tell some plot, and s all over the language to do it.

Now, if we wanted to debate the importance of plot to writing or storytelling, that would be an interesting discussion. We of this forum have already done so many times with video games. Anyways, if such a discussion arises, I would posit that the authors I named, and their ilk, depend on the equivalence of HFCS to get their addicted bees to the flower, while literature will depend on clever spices, contrastive flavors, and lots of care in the process.
    What games are Ellone and Doc Odine from?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Ellone and Odine are FFVIII characters.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know many people say Stephen King and J.K. Rowling are bad writers when in truth they probably aren't. What makes a writer good? Obviously they have a knack for good writing even though that don't include fanciful words. They make interesting and unique stories that engage the readers. That's really the only thing to me that defines a good author other than completely changing someone's way of life for the better and causing them to reflect on life itself -- which only really good writers were able to do. Can you ask yourself something...has Meyer managed to do that? No. The only thing that engages the readers who are mostly women that have lacking love lives, if none at all, is the shallowness of the characters and the sexuality involved.

With that said, Emmet Cullen would be Wakka because of the whole brute masculinity and strength thing.

Hey, I said no haters here!

Go to a Twilight forum, then. Most people here are too well read for this stuff. Also stop posting only to bump your own threads.

You know, I just don't get it; why do you guys only like such "big, bad, and edgy" things?