Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does Roxas like more, Namine or Xion?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The issue is that I don't feel that just because Namine and Roxas' other halfs are a couple, automatically means they would be a couple as well. As both Mercen-X and I have pointed out, they barely know each other. Even if that was enough, I would argue their love is the same as their existence, fake. Cause they don't actually like each other cause they fell in love through their time together, instead they are compelled to be in love cause their bodies happen to be a couple. So I feel any relationship these two would have with just from the info from 358/2 and KH2 would make the two question their own feelings for each other, if that were the case.

Also, considering the revelations of BbS, I feel its safe to assume that Roxas should not be treated as simply being Sora's Nobody cause of extenuating circumstances and thus should be free from the idea of "if Sora likes it, Roxas likes it" and neither should Namine herself since she as well holds part of Sora within her due to the circumstances of her creation.

Its because of this that I can't really say Roxas should be with anyone, cause he has no real relationship with Namine, and Xion is just another part of him, and even then I would argue they are more friends or brother/sister in terms of relations to each other.

I think most people prefer the Roxas Xion pairing cause its more grounded, you actually get to see the two grow together and have adventures and free time. Whereas Roxas and Namine's time together in all the titles makes up less than 10 minutes. I just don't feel their is strong evidence to suggest they like each other in that way let alone be a couple. I still interpret the scene they have together at the end of KH2, as more of friendship than love, simply because the rest of the evidence in the game shows its not possible for them to have hooked up so quickly. I still feel their relationship is one more based on kinship than romantic interest cause both were able to merge back with their other halves and continue to exist.

Default Personally, I say this argument is invalid

A lot of us like Namine, such as myself, and a lot of people like Xion. However, I find this hard to debate over. I've played all games thus far, and truthfully I like both characters, but I like Namine more. I can somewhat blame this on the fact that we all knew Namine WAY before Xion, and while Namine may not have shown as much of herself as Xion did, my argument stands the same. I feel that because Namine had been introduced first is what causes my 'faving' of her, whereas I just don't really care that much for Xion. I like her, but I like Namine more. In this sense, had Xion been introduced first, my opinion would most definitely be different.

It's hard for me also because this argument seems completely unfair. A comparison to this argument would be the TifaCloudAerith argument for Final Fantasy VII, but the difference being that both Aerith and Tifa had been introduced in the same game AND both had different, yet powerful moments with Cloud. In THIS particular argument, however, it's almost easy to say that because Xion is new, she'd be more likeable and popular. My point is that because Xion was introduced after Namine, Xion is considered the new 'trend' in the Roxas love debate.

However, some like Namine for the exact same reason, but see things differently. Namine may have been introduced first, but that gave most of us time to grow attached to her. Because of this, the creation of Xion only outrages those who have grown so attached to Namine prefer her to be with Roxas. Xion fans, however, like her because she's new and has shown more.

There are many things that can, have, and will be debated on between the 'compatability' between both characters and Roxas. However, I will not choose between because in my opnion, this argument is unfair. Both girls are complete opposites. Namine is shy, fragile, part of Kairi, and in actuality kinda useless in battle. Xion is confused, whiny, part of Sora, and more useful in battle than Namine.

You know, when I really think about it, this whole affair is kinda wrong. if namine were to be with roxas, that would mean she'd be with sora, roxas, AND xion! if xion were to be with roxas, she'd be with roxas, sora, and... herself...? this is all some weird twisted threesome madness with some possible masturbation going on here! XD all jokes aside, I personally think roxas should be with namine and xion should be with axel XD i dunno why. I just like it that way! <3 Please don't flame this post!

I disagree with that. I think that Roxas like Nomine because Xion is a (spoiler) dude, and in the video game Kingdom Hearts 2 (Spoiler) Nomine IS Kairi's nobody, and Roxas and Nomine said (spoiler) "We will be together as long as Sora and Kairi stay together."

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Xion is not a "dude", xion is roxas's lost memories in a mechanical body
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

As if this is a serious topic of discussion.

I have to admit - I prefer neither.
    I happen to fall under the "AkuRoku" fangirl title. Admittedly, I don't go around and pair every male together because I'm some crazed yaoi fangirl. It's just in most rpg's - at least I get a bigger glimpse into the female character's heads so I GET why she is the way she is.
    Namine has a few redeeming traits I noticed in Re:CoM. Unlike her somebody Kairi, I actually got to see her in a difficult light. She had the workings to be a character I would have loved because of how she was portrayed. Sadly, she never had enough screen time for my taste. More than Kairi in any case, but that is besides the point.
    I never played Xion's game but since she is Sora too and Roxas ends up forgetting her...eh.
    So I'll just say Axel. Good screen time, good character interaction, some cute bonding scenes... Ignore Square's lack of openly gay characters and that seems like my ideal pairing for Roxas.

i dont care about who roxas likes more but at the end of the day xion fades away before roxas and namine fade back into sora and kairi so even if roxas liked xion more he never could have been with her romantically not to mention everyone forgets about xion so i think roxas likes namine more.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

*snip*

[foa]The thing about that is we discourage that a whole bunch. [/foa]
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We do generally discourage reviving threads that are more than six months old, lisya, so I'm gonna close this thread. But if you'd like to discuss the topic further, feel free to create a new thread!

Signature by rubah. I think.