Thread: NOOOO

Default NOOOO

After 5 hours of traffic jams due to snowfall in the Netherlands I missed out on most of a much anticipated Arcade Fire show. We walked in right before the encore, which only consisted of 2 songs. It's still better than nothing, but I've never felt this bummed out about a concert before. Luckily I had already seen them on a festival this year, but it's just not the same outdoors as indoors.

So topic; what bands/artists/shows have you missed out on and how come?

In September I missed out on a Crystal Castles show that I had no idea about and was kind of upset that I didn't because the tickets sold out before I even knew.
    ANYways, I was being all mopey about it on facebook (lolfail) and someone told me they had a ticket for me, but then of course my car's brakes were not working at the time so I couldn't even get to the show.
    It was just a big mess of not meant to be,unfortunately :/.
    Would've been an awesome show.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

NFL scheduling only has the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers playing each other once every 4 years. So I was really psyched this year to take my dad to the game as his birthday present. We thought leaving 2 hours before the start of the game would be enough time to go the 15 or so miles it takes to get to the stadium, but we were wrong. Traffic was horrible going over the bridge and pretty much everywhere else. Areas near stadiums are always busy but Candlestick in particular is such a bottleneck that it was especially bad. Add to the fact that it was raining and you have the makings for a pretty sucky day. It took us 3 and 1/2 hours to go 15 miles and so we missed most of the first half of the game, which sucks because that was the only half where the Raiders did anything worth cheering. :/

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    NFL scheduling only has the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers playing each other once every 4 years. So I was really psyched this year to take my dad to the game as his birthday present. We thought leaving 2 hours before the start of the game would be enough time to go the 15 or so miles it takes to get to the stadium, but we were wrong. Traffic was horrible going over the bridge and pretty much everywhere else. Areas near stadiums are always busy but Candlestick in particular is such a bottleneck that it was especially bad. Add to the fact that it was raining and you have the makings for a pretty sucky day. It took us 3 and 1/2 hours to go 15 miles and so we missed most of the first half of the game, which sucks because that was the only half where the Raiders did anything worth cheering. :/
    Man that's harsh.

I missed Ice Cube last month. Missied it because I decided to go too late. I wanted to go, but not by myself. My friend said he would go with me (I kinda got him into some limitted rap, he enjoys Cube's aggressiveness), but he is always short of cash. Also I decided to go if things with my girl didn't go well, which they didn't. But by time I looked for tickets (1 week before) they were sold out Also missed him on his last tour 2 years ago, due to final exams.

Hopefully won't be missing Rodney Rude in 2 weeks!

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

RJD2 came to Austin when I was attending college just half an hour away. I did not have the means of going to the show, or anybody to go with.