Thread: "Canon" Warriors of Light According To the Artwork

Default "Canon" Warriors of Light According To the Artwork

So basically I want you guys to help me figure out what the "canon" FF1 team is, according to Amano's artwork.

I only know of two FF1 artwork pieces that show the warriors of light (as in more than one) in good enough detail, but I think they should suffice. If you guys know of any more, feel free to post it in this thread.

(SPOILER)

Well, the warrior and the white mage are dead giveaways. As for the other two, I'm pretty confident that the white haired one is a thief, given that he wields a blade, has a headband, and has the general appearance of a thief.

The last one (the guy to the very right in the first picture), has me stumped. I'm tempted to say black mage, but he really doesn't look like one given his outfit. Monk also seems like a possibility, but he looks too frail and skinny to be one.

So, judging solely by the artwork, what classes do you think the "canon" warriors of light from the artwork are?

Given the choice between Monk and Black Mage, I'm gonna go with Monk. I never thought of Bl. Belt to be as big and burly as, say, Sabin anyway. He's just a martial artist. Not a weight lifter. So being small like Bruce Lee isn't really a bad thing

Blog Entries

It looked to me like a red mage?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I thought of a Red Mage because I thought that the character portrayed in the artwork looked less like a Black Mage or a Monk.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Given the choice between Monk and Black Mage, I'm gonna go with Monk. I never thought of Bl. Belt to be as big and burly as, say, Sabin anyway. He's just a martial artist. Not a weight lifter. So being small like Bruce Lee isn't really a bad thing
    Bruce lee was really muscular and did weight training

ohyeah, he also did steroids.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

He was also small. The dude in the picture looks toned. I was just saying you don't have to be a giant like Sabin to be a martial artist. Bruce Lee was like 5'2 and he never really bulked up. He just toned the hell out of himself

I guess it could be Red Mage. I dismissed the idea because he has no hat. But I keep forgetting a lot of Amano's art has little to do with the actual representation of the characters in the games.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Is a monk..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

It's a Red Mage because of the red cape he has.
    Is currently playing Final Fantasy II. I am going for 100%.

-Has played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII DoC, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, FFTA. Has beaten FFI, FFII, FFX. Has 100% beaten FFI. Has watched FFtSW, FFVII AC, and FFU.

I'm going to assume it's Warrior, Thief, Monk and White Mage because that's one of my favourite parties :P

(Also Amano has finally gained some of my favour for lack of love of Black Mages.)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Fighter and White Mage are pretty obvious, and I'd also say the white-haired one is a Thief. The one on the right in the first picture is difficult to say. My first guess would be a Black Belt. However, doesn't the man in the picture have a small blade (you can see the tip of the blade over his right shoulder)? That could indicate he's a Black Mage or a Red Mage. He doesn't have a hat, though, but there's also that red cape he's wearing.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

He's a shaman or a druid, and they dropped that class after Amano drew up the conceptual art.

I dunno. He looks like a large goblin, or a barbarian. None of the traditional roles come to mind.