Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Squenix, when are we going to see 'curvy' heroines?

Umm, hello??

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quina dear, I'm afraid you're not curvy so much as... spherical.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

@kotora
    The thing you're probably talking about is when fat people are calling themselves curvy because they don't like the sound of "fat". This does of course not make them curvy in anyones eyes except their own, if even there.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Rinoa is way too skinny to be curvy.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Stella ?

Being fit and athletic also doesn't have to mean you're pencil thin in the arms and legs either, or have a 20-inch waist along with a DD chest. From the "West" anyway, many world-class female athletes have big, ripped legs and arms -- whether they're short (like gymnasts) or taller (like long-track speed skaters).

Yet even games made by Western companies seem to favor females shaped in the "Eastern fashion," which I am sure says something about modern society...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I would never define Maria, Aerith, Rinoa, or Yuna as "curvy".

Lulu, Beatrix,
    Don't these two have hips though? I don't think I've really ever seen any voluptuous JRPG girls. It would be nice to have some women with meat, thighs, and ass, but I don't think we'll be getting that from Square Enix.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Curvy to me means having both T and A. Beyonce and Kim Kardashian are great examples. Fat is just fat.

I think Lulu, Beatrix, Fran are the closest we will come. You will never see a FF heroine without a small waist. It's just not now the Japanese do it. It would be cool to see a main character with a heavier build who is not a giant like Barret (Quina you are always the exception, always). You know, an 'average' looking person, but it will be tough since as someone mentioned, fighting all the time and saving the world will make you pretty athletic.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We don't see many curvy females cause I believe most Japanese men have boob fetishes so the closest you will get is big breasts. Most FF females don't have butts or hips. It makes you wonder how they don't fall over from poor weight distribution or constantly complain about back problems.

Most of the FF females are not curvy. I feel Garnet comes close though. It's hard to judge Lulu cause her skirt covers up a alot.

As for the off the wall weights of characters in the early FFs, I'm going to just say its most likely because the authors didn't think it was important and guessed what they thought the weight was. We are talking about info coming from books that tell the populations of cities being in the hundreds and land mass for kingdoms being the size of counties and small countries as opposed to more realistic crap. Putting together the land mass of known territory's in FFIV, the planet is the size of something close to the US. So I would gather that's pretty decent evidence to say these guys probably weren't putting too much thought into it cause height and weight is kinda irrelevant for a video game character.

they are supposed to be fit fighters, but no-one wants to play as big muscular freak women so they just have to be toned, Its a Fantasy game and so it doesn't need to be realistic
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Running around and swinging around staffs and swords all day makes one a big muscular freak now? How about that for realism
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I imagine the average tennis player would be somewhat accurate looking for this sort of thing?

http://www2.tennisserver.com/images/...c/IMG_0212.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    they are supposed to be fit fighters, but no-one wants to play as big muscular freak women
    Eh, what's this?

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Eww. XD

Yeah, that's that new chick from Virtua Fighter that I never used. Any chick that looks like she could win a muscle show or pose for Boris Valejo is probably not my style. And not because I know she could kick my ass. Less muscular chicks could probably kick my ass, and turn me on at the same time. My reason is akin to Marshal Banana's: Ew :P but I'd have nothing against more filled out hips and rears, and less endowed cleavage. I never got the boob fetish and the embellishment catering to the fan-service for that fetish can get quite ridiculous sometimes