Thread: EXP/LP Distribution

Default EXP/LP Distribution

Heyo! Just a quick question; I just started playing this game again after a break that lasted many months...suffice to say it took me hours to work out where I was up to/how to play again Anywho! I was wondering how the EXP is distributed throughout all the characters; I'm aware that everybody (even characters who aren't in the current party) recieves the LP, but what about the EXP? I've been shuffling my party members around relentlessly as each one of them levels up, but I'm wondering if this is unnecessary?

From what I remember, only members in the active party receive EXP. Cause I too would shuffle party members when they level

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Yup, only the three up front get experience. I know cause Vaan, Basch, and Fran were still in their teens at the end of the game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The experienced earned will be split among the active party members (so if an enemy drops 1,000 EXP and you have two active party members, they each receive 500). LP is not split, if an enemy drops 5LP, everybody in your party, active or not, gains 5LP.

Handy for soloing!

Blog Entries

Yes the LP is gave to all which makes doing hunts worthwhile. As for EXP It is divided between people in the active party. As said if you have 1 person s/he will be receiving 3 times as much as having three people in the party. Sometimes its worth solo fighting just to boost a character. Doing the shuffle looks to me like the best bet though.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

If you want you can buy 3 of the EXP boosting accessories and give them to your active three and buy 3 LP boosting accessories and give them to your inactive three.

I would like nothing more than that, Yar, however these things generally cost a decent amount of money, which is currently in short supply I'll have to go do some hunts/sell some loot/sell Penelo as a sex slave to a wealthy Seeq. Thanks to everybody for the help though, that IS useful if I decide I want to 'tank' one character