Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, you're bored.

Blog Entries

Default So, you're bored.

You wake up in the morning and do nothing, and feel as though you should be doing something, but whenever you start to do something, you feel like you're not doing anything. This is called being bored. What do you do when you're bored?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I'm "bored" it typically means I have lots of things to do, but I can't decide which one of them I want to do, so I end up just sitting there.

And then I text my friends.

Blog Entries

I don't think I'm ever bored. That's what video games are for -- right?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm very rarely bored. There's always something new I want to read, watch, listen to, play, discuss, or learn - we do, after all, have millions upon millions of terabytes of information at our fingertips. Books, magazines, Wikipedia, movies, shows, music, video games, news, or just plain old discussion; there are so many things that can enrich your life without even having to step outside the door - which is of course not to say that going outside and experiencing the world has no merit. And of course, there's always leaning back and relaxing, which can also be a valuable way to spend your time if you know how to appreciate it.

If experiencing things doesn't appeal at the moment, then hey - we can also turn the tables and create something of our own. Draw, write... I'm not gonna make another list. My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time.

This post was ETA'd 4 times by yours truly.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I'm very rarely bored. There's always something new I want to read, watch, listen to, play, discuss, or learn - we do, after all, have millions upon millions of terabytes of information at our fingertips. Books, magazines, Wikipedia, movies, shows, music, video games, news, or just plain old discussion; there are so many things that can enrich your life without even having to step outside the door - which is of course not to say that going outside and experiencing the world has no merit. And of course, there's always leaning back and relaxing, which can also be a valuable way to spend your time if you know how to appreciate it.

If experiencing things doesn't appeal at the moment, then hey - we can also turn the tables and create something of our own. Draw, write... I'm not gonna make another list. My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time.

This post was ETA'd 4 times by yours truly.
    That was beautiful... ;__;

I agree. Lately I have no time to get everything DONE, let alone be bored.

Articles
    Blog Entries

that is exactly the smurfing problem. Too much stuff to choose from, I can't make up my mind and I end up wasting time on being bored and thinking what I'm supposed to do next
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time.
    That sounds like what I say to my friends when they're just sitting around. "Being bored is boring, let's do something fun!"

But yeah I'm never bored. If something starts to get boring I move onto something else. There's a lot of games I haven't 100%'D yet.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm also very rarely bored. Even at work, if I'm not busy I can watch movies or The Office on my iPod or something. I can always usually find something to do if I'm feeling fidgety and restless.

Blog Entries

I get bored disturbingly easy, but I snap out of it just as fast. And yes, there is nothing more boring than being bored.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

When I'm not going to work, eating, cooking, shopping for groceries, paying bills, playing video games, surfing the internet, going to the gym, or sleeping...it's my free time and I can do whatever I want. I usually spend that time not doing anything of consequence, and it'll probably be in the middle of the afternoon on some weekend day, so I'll take a nap.

Being 'bored' is a godsend. It means I don't have any chores.

Blog Entries

I have all the time in the world to do nothing. So, I am almost always bored. Or sober. They go hand in hand in my life.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I report posts on Final Fantasy forums as inappropriate to the world at large when I'm bored. Either that or eat syrup.
    FOA

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rent a movie to watch or look at it online. Listen and sing along to music. Go to the mall. Play video games. Swim. Browse some websites. There's tons to do when you're bored, but I'm rarely bored because there's tons to do. If that makes sense.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I call up the girls and eat peanut butter.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you're what, friggin' 18 years old? Get a job and NEVER BE BORED AGAIN