Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting FFX

Default Revisiting FFX

Replaying the entire series in a ransom order, and just hit 7 hours into X. After wrapping up 1,9 and 13 I had an urge to go through X following XIII. They have a lot of similarities, or so I thought. In comparison to XIII, I am enjoying X more than I remember, but that might be because I just finished a title I found to be one of the worst in Final Fantasy history. I was never a big X fan at it's release. I'll keep this thread updated as I go. Still not fond of Tidus, and relearning the leveling system is interesting. But yeah that's about that. 7 hours in and enjoying it this go around after nearly a decade.

I'm getting the urge to revisit X again too. Though it's only been a year or 2 or 3. Have fun though! It's my favorite.

I revisit X about every 3 months or so. I personally love it every time through, and usually try a different challenge every time, too.

Just entered the annoying thunder plains, and wondering why I have not seen a jecht sphere yet. I must have passed up a few. I enjoy the flashback sequences, but I can't remember when you start to see them. At it's release I guess I was really mad at some of the choices they made and extreme changed X had, because this time around I'm really enjoying the game play and able to look past it. The lack of world map is still a downer, but the story and play is enjoyable enough to look past. X-2 really should have been about Yuna's dad and the pilgrimage rather than a Charlie's Angles game we got that kinda hurt the ending to the original.

You start seeing Jecht Spheres after you kill Spheremorph in Macalania.

Speeding through this game quicker than I thought, but I'll make up for that with the mini games, grinding and side stuff. Just took out Yunalesca and MAN was she one tough chick. As soon as I reached her domain I remembered she was a tricky pony, and wondered if I needed to grind some more. Luckily, I beat her on the first time, but it was one hell of a looong battle. Choosing between reflect and curing her or taking the cure as a zombie was the fun part. Probably could have gotten through it faster if Yuna and the rest of the toons had their overdrives up and ready, but I wasted them all on the boss fight prior.

The only part that seemed to drive me crazy sometimes in FFX was getting all the right butterflies when maxing out all the ultimate weapons. Are you doing everything or just running through the story?

So far just strolling through, but once I get the airship I plan on doing a lot more. I'd like to max out the sphere grid and obtain most of the extra goodies. I prefer doing as much as I can until I get bored and wrap up the game. Another bad thing about XIII was it didn't let you advance much until after game completion and at that point you kinda lose the ambition to go back and do more after knowing your done.

edit: Dang it dang it dang it! Just realized had to get the destruction spheres for Anima and Magus Sisters. That truly sucks! Ack. Was really looking forward to the Magus Sister too. Makes me wanna break down and beat the game in hopes of remembering to do this on the next go around.
    Last edited by Elskidor; 12-19-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    So far just strolling through, but once I get the airship I plan on doing a lot more. I'd like to max out the sphere grid and obtain most of the extra goodies. I prefer doing as much as I can until I get bored and wrap up the game. Another bad thing about XIII was it didn't let you advance much until after game completion and at that point you kinda lose the ambition to go back and do more after knowing your done.
    I feel the same way too, I keep telling myself I want to go back and level up some more in XIII, but I find myself more interested in playing through X again -- X is my favorite; I think the story of X is brilliant, and is the main reason why I keep going back to it. Even just listening to the music is good stuff too, when you're not playing

Well yeah FF music has always been one of the greatest aspect to the games in my opinion, and the story is a pretty damn good one. I have to say I have grown to like this game a hell of a lot more now than at it's release. Quite mad that I missed the chance to get the Magus Sister and Anima, but out of the four Final Fantasy replays I've done this year (1,9,13first play, and 10) I've had more fun with this one, with IX lingering not too far. At launch I was really bent on how much it strayed from it's previous installments but I think enough time has passed that I've been really able to enjoy it even with it's differences. I am still considering maxing out the sphere grid, but I realized it's a lot bigger than what I thought it was. Sheesh, read that it's possibe to get 99,999 hp. Although very temping I'm not sure if I am gonna spend that much time on on it. Have FFV in waiting for a replay unless EOFF gets something going with Tactics or XII.

Blog Entries

I'm currently in the middle of replaying this game myself, although I'm taking a break at the moment. It is still my favorite FF game, and it never ceases to thrill me. Yeah, I know. But it's just so damn good, right?

FYI: I have just reached the Calm Lands.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've been wanting to replay it for the last year but sadly my old TV broke so now I've joined the world of HDTV users, where playing FFX will make your eyes bleed. ;_;
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Bah. After replaying it like 10? times when I was low on PS2 game cash, I don't really feel like playing again.

I'm on a play-thru at the minute. I never realised how deep this game was until now. The plot is really messed up and Tidus's relationship with his father is a hard one to gauge. But all this strangeness about the nature of Tidus's existence gets to me a little bit. Did he ever exist at all? If Jecht exists as Sin then I refuse to accept that Tidus is fully a dream. But the ending seems to argue against this point of view.

I take it as neither of them truly existed. They were creations for the loop hole to end the madness.