Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182232 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVII Game Thread - GAME OVER - 18 Ho Kogans Lose; 1 Warrior Wins

Forgive New Jack's hasty vote Hitman but surely you sees the wood from the trees here. Maybe you being truthful with the whole Hitman got time today speech but maybe, your scumy brothas told you not all of y'all could stay quiet?

"Jihad" means "struggle." Specifically, the struggle to maintain faithful, the struggle to improve Muslim society, and the struggle that comes with holy war. It's pretty tasteless to act like "jihad" = "suicide bombing"

Quote Originally Posted by [M] New Jack View Post
    Jihadists are generally suicide bombers in the general sense.
    New Jack would like to point out the words in the general sense. The Original Gangsta likes kicking ass & taking names but does not discrimination on religion y'all

We need to focus on Day 2 & Night 2, disorientation aside Hardly Boys
    What I'm saying is, there is no point in worrying about whether or not it was a killing role, because it can't really be discussed until Day Three, after Night Three's events have already transpired. We'll leave it for then and discuss other things for now. Personally I don't even think it's important. Which brings me to my next point:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Hardy Boyz View Post
    I don't think it's really important what the Jihadist role was, seeing as it's been thrown out so early in the game. Though I am curious.
    Not important? Of course not. The role doesn't give any insight into what else might be out there. Why did we even mention it? [/QUOTE]

Perhaps I should elaborate. Discussing the implications of an unknown role and related roles that could be out there is the mafia's favorite way to make fluff posts. It only leads to maybes and whatifs and gets us absolutely nowhere. It's a safe topic that won't land anybody in trouble, and before you know it the day is over and you're in one piece. Even if we could learn about other roles, that sort of information would only help the mafia. There is a reason the entire town doesn't roleclaim on the first day.

Can I break the no-edit rule to fix my tags?

New Jack would like to point out the words in the general sense. The Original Gangsta likes kicking ass & taking names but does not discrimination on religion y'all
    That's... really not any better. Mafia accounts can't post in EoEO, right?

Hardy Boyz: Day 3 comes after Night 2.

Yeah, I meant Day 4 :kaodizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Big Show View Post
    That's... really not any better. Mafia accounts can't post in EoEO, right?

Hardy Boyz: Day 3 comes after Night 2.
    (Breaks character) Well all I'm giving is one apology , I'm not getting bogged down in a discussion of the actual meaning of Jihad, I'm mean chill out

(Game face) Hardly Boys seem to be tripping themselves up, but since y'all actually speaking sense New Jack gonna listen

Sorry I left yesterday, guys. I came back just in time to realize I was too late for the shortened day. Anyway, what I was thinking yesterday is pretty similar to what I'm thinking today. My main concern is Ric Flair, he seems to be doing everything that he can to not upset anyone.

He took his vote off of Hulk on day 0 just a little bit before the end of the day, as if he didn't want his name on the vote. I know, it's day 0 and it's obviously a joke vote for a joke vote, but maybe it's more than that. He later said this.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    Kurt sure hasn't said much, it's true. A hiding mafia, or just someone who doesn't care? I feel like it's the latter.

Hogan is too easy a target after we got him yesterday. His title was due to the Day 0 vote so it doesn't really mean anything. Disliking wrestling doesn't make him scum, though it doesn't make him very popular in this group for sure!

I'm sticking with Rikishi for now since I don't really have much of a good reason to change it. If y'all care about my hunches (which mean little at this point), I smell something fishy with Big Show and Triple H.
    Just agreeing, and showing some suspicions that don't really have any backing to them. He votes and unvotes Big Show later, everything he does just seems to be so he has no enemies. Looking through the thread, I see that New Jack has pretty much said everything I think as well. If you wanna call it a bandwagon, call it that, but I'm suspicious of Ric.

My other concern in Big Show. He had made it clear that he is inexperienced, and this post seems like one an inexperienced person would make to try to clear himself.

Great, well, anyway...

Ric Flair seems pretty erratic with his voting. He might be trying to make it hard to find a pattern in his voting by just voting for everyone. So for now, I'm going to do this:

##Vote: [M] Ric Flair

By the way, if I was Mafia, I would have made sure The Ultimate Warrior died last night. Just saying.
    And I know that I'm only agreeing with others XD

Forgot to vote

##vote: Ric Flair

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

WOOOO! Let's move away from this Jihad talk. The point is that it becomes harder to analyze the night's death since other foul things could be afoot. But we probably all knew this coming into this game!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

The Nature Boy has only been trying to get people talking with my behavior. And as you can see if you are paying attention, Jericho, I have plenty of enemies since I have gotten more than a few votes today!

So, Mr. Jericho, would you still be voting for me if others hadn't? You've only just showed up. Maybe you can do the town some more favors by talking about someone who doesn't have the most posts in the thread. Let's assume I'm mafia and you figured me out. Good job! But there are still my buddies you have to deal with. So who among the rest do you find odd?

Y2J sees your flip flop voting too Nature Bhoy, seems like New Jack ain't blind after all! Still I dislike Bret's change of Hart all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chris Jericho View Post
    My other concern in Big Show. He had made it clear that he is inexperienced, and this post seems like one an inexperienced person would make to try to clear himself.

Great, well, anyway...

Ric Flair seems pretty erratic with his voting. He might be trying to make it hard to find a pattern in his voting by just voting for everyone. So for now, I'm going to do this:

##Vote: [M] Ric Flair

By the way, if I was Mafia, I would have made sure The Ultimate Warrior died last night. Just saying.
    So... are you doing that on purpose? It should be pretty obvious that that comment just means I find him annoying. Especially since I explained that already.

I think what he's trying to say is that it's very obvious to people who have played this game multiple times that you never ever joke about killing somebody, especially early in the game, because people are stupid and will lynch you over a joke (see Mia's "lol I'm a serial killer" in Mafia IX). The theory is that you posted that with the intention of making people go "lol that guy is definitely a newbie to this game" when you are in fact a veteran. I just skimmed the post though, so I could be wrong. Sorry if that's the case!

And for the record, I don't necessarily agree with it. It's a little far-fetched.