Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVII Game Thread - GAME OVER - 18 Ho Kogans Lose; 1 Warrior Wins

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    The Nature Boy has only been trying to get people talking with my behavior. And as you can see if you are paying attention, Jericho, I have plenty of enemies since I have gotten more than a few votes today!

So, Mr. Jericho, would you still be voting for me if others hadn't? You've only just showed up. Maybe you can do the town some more favors by talking about someone who doesn't have the most posts in the thread. Let's assume I'm mafia and you figured me out. Good job! But there are still my buddies you have to deal with. So who among the rest do you find odd?
    So you're trying to belittle my points because I only just got here? And yes, yes I would have voted for you if others hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Big Show View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chris Jericho View Post
    My other concern in Big Show. He had made it clear that he is inexperienced, and this post seems like one an inexperienced person would make to try to clear himself.

Great, well, anyway...

Ric Flair seems pretty erratic with his voting. He might be trying to make it hard to find a pattern in his voting by just voting for everyone. So for now, I'm going to do this:

##Vote: [M] Ric Flair

By the way, if I was Mafia, I would have made sure The Ultimate Warrior died last night. Just saying.
    So... are you doing that on purpose? It should be pretty obvious that that comment just means I find him annoying. Especially since I explained that already.
    I could do anything and say I was just saying something else. What if I said "Alright guys, we're gonna have to kill Ric Flair tonight, SCUM RULES", and later said "Oh no, I didn't accidently post that here instead of in the mafia thread, I was just trying to find other peoples reaction to me saying that, heh. Heh heh."

My other concern in Big Show. He had made it clear that he is inexperienced, and this post seems like one an inexperienced person would make to try to clear himself.

Great, well, anyway...

Ric Flair seems pretty erratic with his voting. He might be trying to make it hard to find a pattern in his voting by just voting for everyone. So for now, I'm going to do this:

By the way, if I was Mafia, I would have made sure The Ultimate Warrior died last night. Just saying.
    So... are you doing that on purpose? It should be pretty obvious that that comment just means I find him annoying. Especially since I explained that already.
    I could do anything and say I was just saying something else. What if I said "Alright guys, we're gonna have to kill Ric Flair tonight, SCUM RULES", and later said "Oh no, I didn't accidently post that here instead of in the mafia thread, I was just trying to find other peoples reaction to me saying that, heh. Heh heh."
    ... What?

New Jack gonna go get some shut eye, I'll check in tomorrow so until then my vote stays on Bret Hart.

Great, well, anyway...

... What?
    What part of "IT'S A TRAP!" do you not understand?

Great, well, anyway...

... What?
    I said that I could make any mistake and try to play it off as nothing, and have it be at least mildly successful. That's why, in this game, there's almost no evidence you can just throw away.

I said that I could make any mistake and try to play it off as nothing, and have it be at least mildly successful. That's why, in this game, there's almost no evidence you can just throw away.
    I didn't make a mistake, though. I made a joke. A really, really, really obvious joke. And the fact that you're focusing on something that any rational person would immediately dismiss is much stronger evidence that you're up to something, frankly.

Kurt Angle has just arrived and I'm going to show you what an Olympic Gold Metalist is capable of! Unfortunately, I missed Day One because I had to spend the day studying. Because all true Americans know to be cool you stay in school!

Angle will be back once he's read through this thread. Until then just admire me.

I always get Kurt Angle mixed up with the dude that killed himself after murdering his family.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Alright, I'm going to let you guys do what you want with me. I of course hope the votes don't get stacked against me, but if they do it will at least free me up to do other things. As president of WCW I am a busy man. But I sure as hell am going to do my best to help my town as much as I can! So now I would like to focus on three sly devils who have been flying under the radar: Triple H, The Undertaker, and Max Mini. Each of them only have a handful of posts, enough to not be considered 'inactive' but not enough to get on anyone's radar. Until now!

They don't have many posts so it's easy enough to go through them.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Undertaker View Post
    So, who has been active yet not voted? 'Participating' in the discussion yet not bothering to take a side? From what I can tell in the Day 1 talk that's Jericho and Stone Cold. Mr. Austin in fact made a very cozy post in which he decided to make a few general statements and watch things play out.
    That's a good point about Stone Cold. It seems like he's trying too hard to remain neutral and slip into the background. Plus, he didn't offer anything new to the conversation. I'd think it would be better for him to take a more active role in the discussion, rather than sitting back and seeing what unfolds. Maybe a scum trying to fit in with the town to lead us astray later on down the line.

##Vote: Stone Cold
    Thanks for agreeing with me and all but it's interesting that you think that yet you have been doing the same thing yourself! Do you have any of your own arguments maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Triple H View Post
    Flair, if I voted Angle, would you?
    He asked what I would do rather than just take the initiative. Maybe he was trying to feel me out, and if so, kudos. Or maybe he is just playing the sheep so that he seems like a nice guy trying to be cooperative!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Max Mini View Post
    I agree, that's an awesome role and it's going to waste

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Kurt Angle
    I'm not really sure what role he's talking about

To be honest it's up in the air right now for me between Undertaker and HHH. Austin has reacted satisfactorly to my prodding so I'm off him for now. For the record, I don't think Jack, Big Show, and the Boyz are scum at the moment, for various reasons but mostly because they are being proactive. All the rest are up in the air.

##Unvote: Stone Cold
    ##Vote: Triple H

I apologize, something got deleted from my post. Here's what I originally said about Max Mini:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Max Mini View Post
    I agree, that's an awesome role and it's going to waste

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Kurt Angle
    I'm not really sure what role he's talking about. Only the Olympian himself knows is role. Does Max know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kurt Angle View Post
    Angle will be back once he's read through this thread. Until then just admire me.
    You better be! Many a mafia before you have used that little tactic to great success. Making a short post saying they'll be back to talk and then never doing so! It's true!

Time for some The Big RED, WHITE, and BLUE machine to lay a beating on all you!

On the Hardy Boyz, give AN UPPERCUT! For not knowing who I am.

To everyone making a big deal over the Jihadist role I use a belly to belly suplex! Why? Because it's too early for even a true patriot like me to make right of that role. It will be more important to theorize later, after the rocket's red glare has subsided!

After I take care of all those pansies I'm looking at you Jericho. Prepare for a BODY SLAM. You're points against The Big Show are framework to me. Your logic is faulty and wrong. I might just kill you for saying it! Or does a comment like that make me mafia? I don't think so, like the American Bald Eagle I can see through bad logic!

However, I've saved my best, most torturous technique for none other than you Ric Flair! Prepare for my devastating ANKLE LOCK. At the end of the day yesterday you quickly tried to "save Holgan". I don't buy it, I see through your lower-minded tricks! But more important, Ric, you've been wishy-washy the entire game! It's true. It's true.

Notice that as soon as I said I had an odd feeling about Big Show he 'showed' up and placed a bandwagon vote on Kurt Angle? Trying to save Rikishi perhaps, or just a coincedence? I'm leaning towards the latter because it would be such a rookie mistake for mafia to make, but I got little else to go on right now!

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Big Show
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Triple H View Post
    Flair, if I voted Angle, would you?
    Sure. If for no other reason than to make New Jack spit some ebonics at me for it.
    Make up your mind! Now Flair, I want to hear from you! Why don't you think the Boyz, Big Show, and Jack are mafia?!? What makes them so special they can be ruled out? And until I get answers, Angle will continue to go to town on your ANKLE!

Jack - is the most active person in the thread (besides myself). Mafia are almost never this active this early in the game. It's just not good tactics. He is also calling people out left and right and I don't see that as something mafia would do in the first days because it will surely come back to bite them later.

Big Show - at first I thought Big Show was laying low and playing it naiive because he was a hiding scum. But his posting is pretty consistent with a noob so I don't think that any more. Though that doesn't mean a noob can't be mafia, they have an equal chance of anyone. I'm just not seeing it right now.

Hardy Boyz - The Hardys started the current assault against me and that would be a risky play for mafia. It was early in Day 2 when they did so. Going after the most active person if you're a mafia = bad idea. Once they flip town your ass will be on the line. On that basis alone I don't think they are scum.

My behavior has been erratic on purpose. It gets people talking. And look it worked! But I guess not in my favor today (but time will tell). I honestly didn't believe you guys would peg me for scum because we've been playing this game for a long time and no scum would make rookie mistakes like that. It's also more fun to mix it up a bit.

I did not save Hogan yesterday for the very reason I stated. As a host I hated ties with a passion because it messes up everything. I like a fast paced game. So I did not force a tie because Vince specifically said he was on a tight schedule.

It's sleepy time for The Big Show, but before I go, I'm going to change my vote.

Chris Jericho's reasons for suspecting me are obviously nonsense. I don't know why he thinks he can turn that into a thing, but he's trying, god bless him. He's going after me and I don't think even he believes in his reasons. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think he really suspects me of being scum, but he's going after me anyway, so I think that means he's probably scum himself.

##Unvote: [M] Ric Flair
    ##Vote: [M] Chris Jericho

I still think Ric Flair might have been voting for everyone yesterday to prevent a voting pattern from showing through, but I think that's less likely than Jericho being scum at this point.