Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVII Game Thread - GAME OVER - 18 Ho Kogans Lose; 1 Warrior Wins

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

No one wants to reply to my wall of posts? Fine. I'm getting lunch then.

Like I said, of the two I find Rikishi more suspicious. That's where my vote goes right now!

##Vote: Rikishi

Quote Originally Posted by [M] New Jack View Post
    New Jack is sticking to his guns from Day 2, that strange role claim electric Rocky man still has the Original Gangsta on needles & pins!

##Vote: The Rock
    The Rock has a little problem with this, jabroni. First of all, The Rock has never outright claimed any role. He may have hinted at an investigative role, but he has never claimed any role. If you knew a thing or two, you best shut your mouth or The Rock would shove that claim up your candy ass.

WOOOO! That's not enough for the Nature Boy, Rocky! And I'm guessing, woooo, that's not gonna be enough for New Jack either! If you're gonna step into the ring with the best, Rock, WOOOO, you're gonna have to explain why you said what you did. And if your explanation is--wooooo--that we should all shut our damn mouths, then maybe we will, Rock. Shut our mouths as we come down to teach you how to respect the greatest names in our sport. By voting your ass right out of this game. WOOOOOOO! (happy dk?)

Don't you think you've gone a little overboard with all that WOOing there, Nature Boy? The Rock has no need to explain himself. Either you believe in The Rock, or you don't. Let's say that The Rock happens to know about these scums. If that happens to be true and he suddenly gets lynched, who will the Town go to, to find the scum? What happens then? The Rock suggests that the town keep him alive, because he may have valuable information the Town will need in the future, if you know what The Rock is cookin'.

Rock, you should talk about over acting! WOOOOO! The Nature Boy is just getting into the spirit of this sport, the greatest sport in the world. And all I gotta say, Rock, is that if you have information about these scums, it sure hasn't helped us a whole lot so far. Wooo! So don't expect any sympathy from us, Rock. The Nature Boy isn't gonna let this go, brother, but for now maybe you should talk about who you think should be put over the top rope in this rumble. Cause someone's gotta go, Rock. Wooo! Someone's gotta take the pinfall. The Nature Boy doesn't want it to be him, and I bet you don't want it to be you, Rock! So who should it be, Rock? WOOOOO! Who needs the smackdown layed on them?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Rock View Post
    New Jack is sticking to his guns from Day 2, that strange role claim electric Rocky man still has the Original Gangsta on needles & pins!

The Rock has a little problem with this, jabroni. First of all, The Rock has never outright claimed any role. He may have hinted at an investigative role, but he has never claimed any role. If you knew a thing or two, you best shut your mouth or The Rock would shove that claim up your candy ass.
    Hinting is close enough.
    Don't you think you've gone a little overboard with all that WOOing there, Nature Boy? The Rock has no need to explain himself. Either you believe in The Rock, or you don't. Let's say that The Rock happens to know about these scums. If that happens to be true and he suddenly gets lynched, who will the Town go to, to find the scum? What happens then? The Rock suggests that the town keep him alive, because he may have valuable information the Town will need in the future, if you know what The Rock is cookin'.
    You do have to explain yourself, actually. That's how the game is played.

Why would you hint at something like that? In fact, if you were really a cop, you'd probably be dead by now. I know if I was scum I wouldn't want a cop snooping around. You would be my first target. You're either mafia or a bomb. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Big Show View Post

Hinting is close enough.
    You do have to explain yourself, actually. That's how the game is played.

Why would you hint at something like that? In fact, if you were really a cop, you'd probably be dead by now. I know if I was scum I wouldn't want a cop snooping around. You would be my first target. You're either mafia or a bomb. Or both.
    So you think The Rock could be "The Bomb"? But you know what? The Rock has something to admin. Maybe perhaps his role is useless after all, as the last few results all ended "Guilty". Go ahead, call The Rock a fraud, a phony, whatever if you will. The Rock doesn't care what you think, all he cares is to win with the Town and for the scum to go down.

Role claim or Role hint the difference doesn't matter to New Jack electric Rocky man! Even a blind man could see that to even hint at y'all role at such an early stage is scummy. Y'all saying y'all found some guilty? Well then electric Rocky man give New Jack some y'all sweet candy so the Original Gangsta can pay y'all in staples!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    You still haven't said why you are voting for me. Or was that it?
    No. No I have not.

derp de derp.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Hardy Boyz View Post
    You still haven't said why you are voting for me. Or was that it?
    No. No I have not.

derp de derp.
    New Jack getting tired of asking nicely to y'all Hardly Boys! Why are y'all voting for Nature Bhoy?

Holy crap, getting through this will be a challenge.

Change of Hart, New Jack is not trying to put words in y'alls mouth! Y'all said suspicion be on New Jack if Change Of Hart goes swinging from the gallows, which to New Jack is a passive aggressive threat ya know! If y'all saw me as trustworthy why say such things. Even though Change of Hart casting doubt over New Jack today New Jack doesn't think Change of Hart is scum.
    A man's entitled to be pissed at a guy who kills him is all. Glad we cleared that up for now.

The Hardy Boyz are good at sharing hardly any information. What they do harp on are hypothetical details of things which do not really matter. I believe I've said it before and saying it again cannot underline how much I agree with others that not talking is hurting the Hardy Boyz's good name.

I didn't 'trust' the claim (but I didn't mistrust it), nor did I have any way to verify it myself. My choice was based on history. Most of the time when people make these vague claims they get voted out and then their claim turns out to be true. I've seen it happen many times. People are quick to vote out claimers, especially in the early days. Since I know this, I figure the scum know too and wouldn't make that gambit. Since if it is a lie, it is now a lie he has to keep up with for the rest of the game. As days go by it should become increasingly obvious that he is lying. I figured it was worth another day of discussion at least. So I went with Jericho, who I didn't really think was scum but I didn't know for certain.
    I agree your voting on Jericho was a poor decision, but that's behind us. You do now know your other choice is ringing false with his only replies of "SHUT UP AND TRUST ME" instead of answering with a list of people he has investigated or at least pretending to confirm the role he now claims was only just a hint. I say he went in half-cocked and didn't realize he had to fire. I think The Rock is already cracking.

[QUOTE='[M] Ric Flair;2935844']Right now I feel these people need to be scrutinized the most. They have been skating under the radar and posting just enough to do so:
    Rikishi
    The Undertaker
    Stone Cold
    [quote]
    The hard part about that is these guys are so quiet. We can keep imploring them to be more active, but will they respond? This could be an instance where pressure needs to be applied. How about we lean on these guys? Just enough votes to draw the quietest out to talk? Rikishi isn't too shy, but what about The Undertaker or Stone Cold?

These guys I can't get much of a read on. Sometimes I find what they say helpful and insightful, but mafia can do those things too. They've been active though so the more they post the better read I will get:
    Bret Hart
    The Rock
    I've already given my talk about The Rock. Me, you'll have to do that on your own.

These two have been pretty much nonexistent. You can't really analyze their posts because they have too few posts. So they need to post more:
    Buff Bagwell
    Max Mini
    I am seconding this. Buffy, Maxy, post more. You have to. Are you with us or are you against us? Only mafia scum won't lend a hand.

For the record, I am pretty certain these guys aren't scum:
    New Jack
    Big Show
    The Hardy BoyZ (though their failure to elaborate on stuff is undoing this)
    I for one disagree about the Boyz. They insert chaff in discussion and then bandwagon votes. I haven't heard many details from them about anything, not even that book they keep bringing up.

New Jack and to some extent Big Show are keepers because of how vocal and outgoing they have been. I don't think any of theirs or our suspicions have gotten us anything yet, but their contributions will eventually sink them if they are scum and save us if they are town.

And I don't know what the smurf to think about The Warrior. He's so into his character that it's hard to read his post for anything other than entertainment.
    In my book, Ultimate Warrior may as well not be posting. I hear rants and lots of pictures and warrior talk, but I am unsure what to take seriously. All I know is he hates Hulk, but hadn't heard the news since he keeps calling all of us Hogan.

As for Ric Flair, well, he's obviously mafia.
    You are still a schizo, baby. I think you do good, and I'll be more likely to change that view once we deal with Rocky. I'm still not sure you didn't save the jabroni out of desperation or what back there. Jericho was at least trying to do some comprehensive posts, while all The Rock does is tell us to can it.

Ok here is what I think about Rikishi, which is basically a copy paste of my earlier argument since he hasn't posted since then:

And for the record, here's Rikishi and Stone Cold's reactions to it:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rikishi's Ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Stone Cold View Post
    That being said, Big Show's post got me thinking... why should mafia have hit Warrior last night? Because you find him annoying or for something else?
    My ass cheek sense is tingling! Big Show probably wants us to see him as innocent!

Big Show: "I would've killed Warrior if I was scum."

Town: "Oh well Warrior is alive, guess Big Show isn't scum."

Big Show:
    To me, Show's comment was an obvious joke, and anyone with a brain would be able to know a mafia wouldn't make such bluderous strategy decision. As I've said before, I think the Show is a true town and also new at this game, so he's just trying to make sense of it all. The wool could be over my eyes but that's what I believe for now!

So the comment itself wasn't that telling, but the reaction to it was. Mafia love to find little blunders like this from the town to use as ammo for their phony assaults. Stone Cold's reaction was meh, but Rikishi's was a little more interesting. Planting a seed for the town to grasp on to? Maybe. Here's another interesting post from Rikishi where he tries to appear helpful:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rikishi's Ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Hardy Boyz View Post
    I don't think it's really important what the Jihadist role was, seeing as it's been thrown out so early in the game. Though I am curious.
    Not important? Of course not. The role doesn't give any insight into what else might be out there. Why did we even mention it?
    Nice italics! While it doesn't behoove the town to talk all day about possible night kill scenarios and dead roles, I think that's obvious to most of us. So pointing out something we all believe could be a great way to get in good with us!
    Rikishi's votes were:
    Day 1 - The Hardy Boyz (was the only vote on Hardyz)
    Day 2 - Bret Hart
    I think this is a good conversation to keep because it will be telling in the future. A joke is a pretty small thing to flip out over. I know we've been grasping at straws for two days, but come on, that's thinner than turpentine. I'm keeping a bead on you two, Rikishi and Cold.

Ok here's my thoughts on The Undertaker. And this will probably be it for now because digging through this stuff is a time sink. I think Jericho was on to something about Undertaker in one of his final posts:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chris Jericho View Post
    The Undertaker:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Undertaker View Post
    Also, I can’t believe I skimmed right over The Rock’s role claim. I find that highly suspicious, especially when he said that he didn’t need to explain it. It just seems too early to have a serious role claim like that. At the same time though, it makes me think he might be town. Claiming an investigative role so early in the game is unlike mafia behaviour, as I’d think they’d wait until they were under heavy fire to attempt something like that. I’m quite unsure of where to place him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was scum, trying to scare the town out of voting for him.

Not much else here, but that's because I don't really find anyone else that suspicious to be honest.

I’m going to go with my gut instinct though, and that tells me that The Rock is a scum.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Undertaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kurt Angle View Post
    Is that what you honestly believe Undertaker? The Rock must be mafia because he roleclaim day 2 with no suspicion on him? Because that's a good mafia strategy . Sounds like you've had too many days with the coffins.
    Whoops, sorry, my finger slipped and I hit post quick reply by accident. Anyway.

I said it was my gut instinct. And I never said he had to be Mafia because he roleclaimed Day 2 with no suspicion on him. In fact, I think I said the opposite. I said it would be strange for a mafia to roleclaim when they had very little suspicion. His role claim was suspicious in itself as there was no need for it, regardless of if he was town or scum. I made my reasoning and I'm sticking to it unless The Rock can convince me otherwise.
    Aha! Contradicting himself! He votes for The Rock, and says later that he doesn't believe that the Rock is mafia, but is voting for him anyway. I think he might be scum, and he is trying to get rid of a possible cop
    The Undertaker has been making mostly general posts without much substance behind them. Then there's that contradiction regarding The Rock. I feel he should explain himself for that.

The Undertaker's votes:
    Day 1 - Stone Cold
    Day 2 - The Rock

His first vote, for Stone Cold was just pretty much agreeing with me (though it's hard to blame someone for believing the charasmatic Ric Flair). His second vote just baffled me because he himself said he didn't suspect The Rock much! He needs to answer for these things, but I'm not going to vote for him for now.
    Aaand another good deduction by the inestimable Ric Flair. I'll risk saying perhaps our quiet gravedigger was intimidated while under pressure or maybe everything just made sense at the time. But, but, I do think The Undertaker needs to get his butt busy and do his own arguing instead of having Flair ready to lynch him.

I know I'm going to be reading through another monster stack of posts, but a vote for now, jabroni.

##VOTE: The Rock

I feel like Raistlin arguing in Eyes on Each Other.

So you think The Rock could be "The Bomb"? But you know what? The Rock has something to admin. Maybe perhaps his role is useless after all, as the last few results all ended "Guilty". Go ahead, call The Rock a fraud, a phony, whatever if you will. The Rock doesn't care what you think, all he cares is to win with the Town and for the scum to go down.
    Didn't you say you investigated the Miller and he came up guilty? If you were insane, he would have come up innocent. Your only hope (as far as I know) is to be a paranoid cop. So who did you investigate? Spill it.

Do y'all actually believe electric Rocky Man is for real a cop Biggie Shows? I hope Electric Rocky Man isn't 5 O because that'd make him the biggest dumbass in sports entertainment! An early role "hint" doesn't help town y'all

He's definitely not a cop. I'm just giving him a chance to try to prove it. Which will fail and hopefully make it more obvious that he's scum and not just hilariously bad at this game.