Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627282930313236 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVII Game Thread - GAME OVER - 18 Ho Kogans Lose; 1 Warrior Wins

[M] The Big Show – I think most people have figured out the identity of The Big Show at this point and we all realize the player hasn't played a game of EoFF Mafia in some time. Still, this doesn't mean we should count him out because he could be every bit as shrewd and cunning as the most veteran among our ranks. His posts about other players in the game don't really stand out, and while he does have opinions, they're not especially strong.

[M] Buff Bagwell – At this stage in the game we still have a couple of players who appear to be inactive but have yet to be replaced. This should tell us they're doing something to stay in the game, and something we can't see. That should be incredibly suspicious.

[M] The Hardy Boyz – The Hardy Boyz are pretty mysterious to me because they tend to run a bit hot and cold in the game. They make very, very occasional but semi-strong points concerning other players and as such they blip everyone's radar but then get lost in all of the other noise. As has been pointed out by several other players, this is an excellent scum tactic that's repeated over and over again by many scumbags for one simple reason; it works.

[M] Max Mini – Very similar to the Buff Bagwell scenario, with the exception that this particular player seemed to have more activity in Day 0 or Day 1. Can't remember which. Of course things come up, sometimes people forget to post, but still. Someone who is not very active but hasn't been replaced.

[M] New Jack – New Jack is clearly a veteran player, but one who's been bitten more times than he cares to recall, I think. He relies primarily on instinct, and definitely lives in the moment. He is reactive, not proactive in his apparent search for scum. A good example of what one could call “hiding in plain sight.” (I think I've said that once before, or at least thought it.)

[M] Ric Flair – Flair definitely serves as the foil to New Jack. A veteran who relies almost exclusively on post analysis and comparison. While this strategy does provide probably the best method for routing our scum it is the most time-consuming. Flair lacks a sense of urgency that other players definitely make up for and from time to time seems to grasp for straws. The lack of urgency is notable – while we undoubtedly got lucky that we didn't lose another two players on our second night in a row, we're still not sitting so pretty.

[M] Rikishi's Ass – Rikishi is, along with The Hardy Boyz and Max Mini, among the most suspicious characters to me. He creates just enough of a blip for others to recognize him but the content of his posts seems to lack conviction for me. He's not a hot head like New Jack, he's not analytical like Flair. He responds when prodded. That's about as much as I can say for him.

[M] The Ultimate Warrior – I think this is some kind of crazy power role for one side or the other, or something like a survivor or a jester. The pure fact that his posts are so... dense (in the way of verbiage, I mean, not in the way of intellect) makes me want to believe there's some hidden content in them. That there's something we should all see that we're not quite getting.

Either that or he's just a goofball.

[M] The Undertaker – While this characters activity does seem to fluctuate, I really find no reason to mistrust him. Is that in itself suspicious? Definitely. Some players over the course of these games have proven themselves to be excellent at deflecting just enough attention that any thoughts given to them rarely go beyond a “nah, that guy is totally town.”

[M] The Rock – The Rock is a semi-veteran, I think. His arguments don't often stand on their own, they rely on support from others that post previous to him or just subsequent. Evenso he's given some interesting veiled bluffs I'd like to learn more about. One thing that is interesting is that most people choose not to engage in debates with him. I have no idea why that would be so. On my list of suspicions he's not at the top, but he's also not at the bottom.

[M] Bret Hart – Obviously a slow starter. I'm just wondering mostly why he has so much to say now and so little to say previous to now. He makes excellent points, but they seem like they're a day late and a dollar short. What gives with that and where were all of his observations in the first few days.

[M] Stone Cold – I have definitely been using too much instinct and not enough synthesis and analysis. Much like New Jack I've been waiting to see what people will say and neglecting what people have said. It's a delicate balance in the comparison between old and new posts. A lot of evidence can be found in between. In my votes that've resulted in lynchings, I was wrong. Damn.

Obviously a couple of important.... things... have happened since I was making that monstrosity of a post based on my notes. I'm not sure why the hell Bagwell would make a roleclaim like that. He claims to feel as if he's screwed up to the point that he's put the town in danger... why wouldn't he be making up for it by actively join in discussion, making assertions, and trying to root out the scum? Instead he lames himself by his admission, losing his status as a town asset, at least a person we could assume had some sort of interesting abilities, and throws a little pity party.

Like I said before, we got really lucky in that the scum didn't make a kill last night. Hopefully either a well played protective role or a real dumb mafia. Now isn't the time to bemoan ourselves repeatedly, now is the time to change things for the better in whatever way you can.

Max Mini is increasing on my scum-o-meter. Just shows up, makes a vote, goes away. No discussion, no viable reason for he vote, no train of thought for other players to follow. Seems like someone doesn't want us to follow his or her train of thought. Hmm.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

I'm going to validate your prodding claim Stone by pointing out that conviction by definition means unshakable faith without need for proof or evidence. Does my relentless pursuit of Bret Hart not speak of conviction?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bret Hart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Hardy Boyz View Post
    WAIT

I do have something to say about my thoughts: This song reminds me of The Warrior.
    Absolutely useless. See, this is why we can't be friends.
    You don't think we're sexy?

New Jack gonna get some shut eye, not too sure if I'm gonna be around rest of Day 4 either gonna do my best (tomorrows Saturday & as much as I love this game got to have a life too )

New Jack's vote stays on Electric Rocky man, he's still took of my scum list! Original Gangsta hopes somebody lynches a god damn scum today!

I have looked at no less than 10 online definition sites and in my own personal dictionary and have not seen even one that comes close to what you think conviction means. There is nothing in the definition of conviction about unshakable faith or lack of evidence. In fact, in legal terminology, the term convicted is used when a person who is accused of a crime is found guilty of that crime by a judge, jury or court based on evidence presented.

In short, don't piss down my leg and call it rain.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Stone Cold View Post
    I have looked at no less than 10 online definition sites and in my own personal dictionary and have not seen even one that comes close to what you think conviction means. There is nothing in the definition of conviction about unshakable faith or lack of evidence. In fact, in legal terminology, the term convicted is used when a person who is accused of a crime is found guilty of that crime by a judge, jury or court based on evidence presented.

Google define says pissing down your leg is rain

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to post, Stone Cold. You're wrong about Buff though. He is active and causing quite a bit of stir. Do you care to comment on any of that? Do you believe his Vig roleclaim? Who's at the top of your list?

I've looked into Rikishi. He's been posting more in 'character' now which makes it a lot harder to analyze, and that could be on purpose. :/ But he does keep making slipups. Saying the Day 2 vote was between me, Jericho, and Hart when it was me, Jericho and The Rock instead. And then he says Bagwell had a chance to tie it but Buff was no where to be seen in those final hours!

His vote is on Bret now, saying that once he takes down the Hitman he'll go after me next. He seems so sure of the future, when anything can happen in this game. My vote stays.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rikishi's Ass View Post

Google define says pissing down your leg is rain
    When it's a fight between Google and merriam-webster, and also the damnedable context of my post, who do you think I'm siding with? I'm gonna make you lick the Google piss off my boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post, Stone Cold. You're wrong about Buff though. He is active and causing quite a bit of stir. Do you care to comment on any of that? Do you believe his Vig roleclaim? Who's at the top of your list?

I've looked into Rikishi. He's been posting more in 'character' now which makes it a lot harder to analyze, and that could be on purpose. :/ But he does keep making slipups. Saying the Day 2 vote was between me, Jericho, and Hart when it was me, Jericho and The Rock instead. And then he says Bagwell had a chance to tie it but Buff was no where to be seen in those final hours!

His vote is on Bret now, saying that once he takes down the Hitman he'll go after me next. He seems so sure of the future, when anything can happen in this game. My vote stays.
    I actually made a second post after the first monster citing Bagwell's renewed presence. I either missed the posts while I was writing the monster one or they came as I was writing it. Probably the former.

I'm definitely gonna look back through our assy friend's posts and see if there's anything worth supporting.

Flair bro I think you missed this post

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Buff Bagwell View Post
    Gah, by the time I post this, the day will probably be over...
    And I can't do anything to change todays votes either, wondeful!

All I can say is that it looks like Jericho's going, so whatever he has to say now that he's on the chopping block could be useful, especially for discussing tomorrow.

So, speak up and share Jericho!
    Which was pretty close to lynch time. Two minutes apparently. But I'll be damned if you call me a liar. I don't appreciate that. At all. Also I corrected myself when I said he could bring the tie; he couldn't, there was one vote too many on whoever the smurf it was being lynched.

Also brodude, I didn't say the vote was between you, Jericho and Hart, I mentioned this.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    Max has yet to say anything, and if my back wasn't against the wall I'd probably vote him here. As it stands I will probably have to vote Jericho or Brett to save myself. But who? I'll split this up into two posts to not hurt your eyes. Second post coming.
    So man, if you're going to throw on me, at least make it legit and accurate. I'm not posting in character either; 1) because I have not a smurfing clue who any of these brodudes are, and 2) I'm just havin' me some fun. LOOSEN UP GUYS.

When it's a fight between Google and merriam-webster, and also the damnedable context of my post, who do you think I'm siding with? I'm gonna make you lick the Google piss off my boots.
    I take it you didn't click the link I went to all the trouble of inserting then? It's from Princeton University. But nah, merriam-webster is definitely better

Your context is fine brah, just arguing semantics. My definition is one that I'm definitely embodying. Although to be quite honest I think I might throw a tantrum and vote Ricky Flair soon. Gotta give in to your emotions brodudes!

Did my ass swallow everyone? Where'd y'all go guys?

Stupid forum ate my awesome post. Now for a less than awesome post.

To answer Flair's question my top 3 are Max Mini for his inactivity and his lack of a train of thought, the Hardy Boyz for similar behavior and a tie for third between Rikishi's Ass because of his lack of substantive reasoning in his posts and Buff Bagwell for his previous absence, his role claim, and his apparent apathy in getting done in-thread even though he believes he screwed the town up.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Alright, you've done your homework. I guess Buff did come in very late, and Bret was up there in votes earlier in the day. Those oversights of mine actually make me rethink you a bit. Hmmm

It's cool Flair bro, we all miss stuff. There's so much happening all over the place, and Bagwell just popped outta nowhere. Peace brotherman.