Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVII Game Thread - GAME OVER - 18 Ho Kogans Lose; 1 Warrior Wins

Interesting and satisfying. I'll free you from my clutches for now, but don't blink because one false step and you'll be begging for forgiveness from the clutches of my Kurt. Ankle. Lock!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I still want to hear more of Jericho's opinions on others. His vote is where it is, but if he thinks I'm the only scum here then he's got a surprise in store for him!

Also let's not forget those who have been sneaking by without being commented on much: Triple H, Undertaker, Max Mini, The Rock, and Buff!

The Rock must apologize for being a little quiet as of lately. As you can see, The Rock has been reading what you jabronies have been saying, and The Rock has finally seen the light. It's as bright as day and in your face. This is so blatantly obvious that Jericho is one heavily suspicious jabroni The Rock has ever laid his eyes on. That's right Jericho, you better watch yourself or you'll find yourself ending up with Hogan! The Rock had seen the trap you were trying to lay on The Big Show, but apparently your lousy attempt had failed you! The Rock has his eyes on you as he prepare to shove his vote up your candy ass straight up to where you belong in Scumville!

##Vote: Chris Jericho

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Hey Rocky, what are your takes on Triple H and The Undertaker?

Good question Nature Boy, now let The Rock tell you his opinion. First, allow The Rock to say that Triple H and The Undertaker are both low-class jabronies deserving of a good ass-kicking by yours truly.

Triple H, from what The Rock has seen, has only spoken a few times, well maybe only once if you happen to discredit his few posts on Day 0. The Rock can see that he's trying to lay low like a scum would do. Triple H, you can run from us, but you can't hide forever!

Now as for The Undertaker, The Rock hasn't seen anything too suspicious about him. Maybe he's playing it safe for now, but look out Nature Boy, The Rock has a feeling that he will slip up and show his true colors!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] New Jack View Post
    Forgive New Jack's hasty vote Hitman but surely you sees the wood from the trees here. Maybe you being truthful with the whole Hitman got time today speech but maybe, your scumy brothas told you not all of y'all could stay quiet?
    I would love to change your POV, but what can I do but sling mud back? "No, they did not tell me to do that," is a rather daft argument. If I get strung up, I am going to glare at you a lot. Tons.

Glad to see we've moved pass the jihadist trend. We have to focus on finding scum.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Max Mini View Post
    I agree, that's an awesome role and it's going to waste

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Kurt Angle
    I'm not really sure what role he's talking about
    To clear confusion, my post before Mini's was along the lines of "sucks to be Doink, hope you can come back by replacing an inactive" but maybe came out as "I hope your role of peeping tom gets recycled." Mini was agreeing with the second sentiment. I know this because I speak for him.

So Undertaker, HHH, and Mini are under scrutiny, but not Bagwell? That guy has been laying low too. Aaand reading down further, he's mentioned too.

Welcome aboard, Kurt Angle. A gold "metalist" is just what the Pink and Black Attack needs to cool down.

Jericho's and Show's bantering is all well and good, but do you see all that space it takes up? Garbage posts adding chaff to the air. Mafia tactic or is the Big Show really a Big Slow? And shame on you for going along with it, Jericho.

Welp, it is high time the Hitman looks after himself, because a vote not given is a vote against yourself. And maybe it's a little thin, but I'm turning on The Rock. The last time he was cooking something, he cooked an innocent town's goose. I don't like his choices.

##VOTE: The Rock

The Rock says that he voted for Hogan because he believed that Hogan was scum, but apparently he ended up a Miller, did he not? Now Bret, let's say that you had investigation powers. Would you agree that if you had investigated Hogan the night before and he turned up scum, would you do what it takes to get rid of this scum? The Rock was just doing his duty in getting rid of this "scum", but apparently, the Hulkster has turned out to be a Miller only proving that nothing is what they seem to be. The Rock knows this because The Rock has seen it with his own eyes, so shut your mouth and know your role, if you know what The Rock is cookin'!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Those are some pretty non committal posts there my mass of hard consolidated mineral matter friend. Thank you to Google definition for making my ass look smart!

ANYWAY BACK TO THE TASK AT HAND.

So The Rock believes Trip H is a scummy bastard. Okay let me make a note of that on my writing cheek. Cool.

Okay The Rock also believes the Undertaker is just a guy chillin' BUT WAIT FOR WHEN HE SLIPS UP AND SHOWS HIS TRUE COLORS. Can a townie slip up and show his true colors? I do not believe so my mineral buddy. Only bad smurfers can do that, which means The Rock believes Undertaker is a scummy bastard too. I'll make a note of that on my cheek too.

Next time plz to being more committal so I don't have to think about what you're saying. Because my ass doesn't have a brain, making thinking hard. Hard like The Rock.

Did you just do what I think you did?

The Phenom is a phantom. Rises up and strikes only to disappear. People say it's a bad idea to hang out in the shadows, but get into discussion and you're liable for trouble too. I can't condone giving the Undertaker the thumbs down for just that. But, but his one and only post was just to stir the pot, what the crap is that? He's a big maybe.

I dislike HHH's overture about asking if it's cool to mob a guy. That's a cop-out, going for a straight dogpile without trying to be detective. But more to his favor was that he didn't vote for it despite asking and that he asked publicly. Don't mafia discuss that crap at night and get their strategy worked out instead of roping people in publicly? HHH might be lame, but he seems legit.

Max Mini is a sparse dude. But what he sparsely did was gun for Flair and then switch it up for Kurt. No conversation from this guy, but he did gang up on Kurt with me to put the man in a hard spot. A spot Kurt could have "angled" out of easily enough if he voted, but nonetheless not good. I would say Mini and I were colluding if I didn't know better, but others might think we were. Your call. I think he's hiding in my shadow (because it is big).

Buff, on closer inspection, has done crap all. He voted on the Hardy Boyz. They haven't felt the hot seat unless you count Rikishi's sweaty Ass coming near them. His reasoning was childish and simple. A clean guy for now.

~

Rocky baby, okay, let's pretend we are in hypothetical land. If I could investigate people and Hogan came up red, yeah, I would probably try very hard to get him strung up. But can it be that easy? He was such an easy target and did not even try to get a vote out before the day was over. In pretend land, let's pretend someone's investigation skills are possibly bogus. I would look to myself if I did not already to see what other results my investigations got.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Hardy Boyz View Post
    Did you just do what I think you did?
    That depends on what you think I did, brahs. It's all a MYSTERY OF SUBJECTIVITY.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ric Flair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Triple H View Post
    Flair, if I voted Angle, would you?
    He asked what I would do rather than just take the initiative. Maybe he was trying to feel me out, and if so, kudos. Or maybe he is just playing the sheep so that he seems like a nice guy trying to be cooperative!
    I was just trying to find out if you would change you vote if someone voted for Angle.

Hey all, sorry I've been so inactive, I'm always terrible like this...
    Everyone is probably asleep/waking up, so I miss out on discussion, but I promise I'll try to make some posts at work. Give me some questions and I'll respond when I can.

As for my thoughts on what seems odd, these things have struck chords with me.

I don't think it's really important what the Jihadist role was, seeing as it's been thrown out so early in the game. Though I am curious.
    We'll have to wait until we can do a body count on Night 3 to determine whether or not it was a killing role.
    These two posts by The Hardy Boyz seemed like discussion snuffers to me. I know that everyone always says that looking into the meaning of roles is scummy distractions, but discussion is discussion. The more ideas and posts people share, the more we can try to pick up on them, regardless of how useful someone might deem their contribution. I'm a great example, I've barely posted, so no one knows what to think of me, I'm a threat by that very fact and I'm doing what I can to make up for it.

Ok, that rambled on a bit longer than I meant, but overall The Hardy Boyz actions there aren't extremely scummy and they did elaborate upon what they said later on, but subtle things like this are what stand out to me...

The other thing that stood out to me was The Rock's comment a just a few posts bacl...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Rock View Post
    The Rock says that he voted for Hogan because he believed that Hogan was scum, but apparently he ended up a Miller, did he not? Now Bret, let's say that you had investigation powers. Would you agree that if you had investigated Hogan the night before and he turned up scum, would you do what it takes to get rid of this scum? The Rock was just doing his duty in getting rid of this "scum", but apparently, the Hulkster has turned out to be a Miller only proving that nothing is what they seem to be. The Rock knows this because The Rock has seen it with his own eyes, so shut your mouth and know your role, if you know what The Rock is cookin'!
    As much as I don't want to point out the obvious attempt at a role claim here, there's a role claim here, is there not? Why would you make a claim like that regardless of what role you have? Explain?

Personally I think there might be a connection between the fact that Hogan was a miller and had "I am mafia scum!" painted across his profile.

That's all I have for now, but as I said before, I'll do everything I can to post more frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Big Show View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chris Jericho View Post
    I said that I could make any mistake and try to play it off as nothing, and have it be at least mildly successful. That's why, in this game, there's almost no evidence you can just throw away.
    I didn't make a mistake, though. I made a joke. A really, really, really obvious joke. And the fact that you're focusing on something that any rational person would immediately dismiss is much stronger evidence that you're up to something, frankly.
    This. I'd hoped to wake up this morning to new posts from Triple H, Buff Bagwell and Max Mini, but this exchange is fairly telling. I had initially requested that Big Show explain his comment because I felt he may have some type of investigative powers and had evidence regarding Warrior. The fact that Jericho, already late to the game, jumped on the first semi-questionable thing he saw and ran with it is very, very suspicious to me.

I know how much of a bandwagon this looks like, but from the second I read Jericho's first post about Big Show it screeeeaaaaamed suspicion at me.

##vote: Chris Jericho

Yo what's the vote count at dudes? I'm not good with numberinos so you fellas are gonna have to do them for me. Or I will ting rub my great big ass on your face and make you enjoy it. Fear me and my ass or I will sit on your face.