Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To follow up on that, here's another YouTube link.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I can see the logic in this, but they'd really have to scrap the free roam aspect to make it work.
    They didn't get rid of it in Oblivion.

And it didn't work.

But this rests on the spurious proposition that Bethesda can learn from their mistakes.
    But in Oblivion, every enemy levels up with you. It's supposed to make it a challenge, but it just fails. If they level-locked the enemies each time you entered a new area, you could just walk around the map straight from the get go and fight piss weak enemies until the end of time. Then there is absolutely no challenge. Either way, Bethesda needs to find a way to not suck ass at that.

EDIT: by just having a normal level system where as you get stronger you can go places because things can no longer rape you. It's pretty simple really. You're not limited if you're a psycho ninja that sneaks past everything, or a brute with a big axe who beats down . I 'unno

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    To follow up on that, here's another YouTube link.
    Sums up my reaction when I first heard of Skyrim pretty well.

As for the leveling system, it's apparently supposed to be similar to the leveling system in Fallout 3. I've never played Fallout 3 though, so I have no idea how it works.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I guess you're in the same position as me. I looked up a few sites that spread that news and... none of them explained the difference. Journalism not at it's best these days!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I smurfing hope it's not like Fallout 3's levelling system.

You're running about, merrily fighting raiders who are armed with tire irons and pool cues, laughing at their ineptness as you pump the silly banzai charging bastards with lead. After an hour of gruelling combat with super mutants in the DC ruins, you return to the Wasteland and spy more Raiders, having a jolly old time hanging out in some ruined house in the middle of nowhere, as Raiders are wont to do. "Ah ha, this sounds like a lark!" you think, looking forward to smashing some bat-wielding ponces after having fought off heavily-armed and incredibly tough super mutants for so long. Flash forward thirty or so seconds. There are bits of Charon spread within a three mile radius. You are cowering behind a dumpster with a broken leg, begging for it to stop while missiles come crashing down all around you.

in summary, when I play Skyrim I do not want to go in to grab an easy kill on a couple of mud crabs, only to find they've got missile launchers or death rays.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Arrow Crab battle... crab battle never changes.

You go on living in your fantasy dream world, because I've seen the future.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    But in Oblivion, every enemy levels up with you. It's supposed to make it a challenge, but it just fails. If they level-locked the enemies each time you entered a new area, you could just walk around the map straight from the get go and fight piss weak enemies until the end of time. Then there is absolutely no challenge. Either way, Bethesda needs to find a way to not suck ass at that.

EDIT: by just having a normal level system where as you get stronger you can go places because things can no longer rape you. It's pretty simple really. You're not limited if you're a psycho ninja that sneaks past everything, or a brute with a big axe who beats down . I 'unno
    Someone misunderstood someone here, because I am in total and complete agreement with this :o

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I smurfing hope it's not like Fallout 3's levelling system.

You're running about, merrily fighting raiders who are armed with tire irons and pool cues, laughing at their ineptness as you pump the silly banzai charging bastards with lead. After an hour of gruelling combat with super mutants in the DC ruins, you return to the Wasteland and spy more Raiders, having a jolly old time hanging out in some ruined house in the middle of nowhere, as Raiders are wont to do. "Ah ha, this sounds like a lark!" you think, looking forward to smashing some bat-wielding ponces after having fought off heavily-armed and incredibly tough super mutants for so long. Flash forward thirty or so seconds. There are bits of Charon spread within a three mile radius. You are cowering behind a dumpster with a broken leg, begging for it to stop while missiles come crashing down all around you.

in summary, when I play Skyrim I do not want to go in to grab an easy kill on a couple of mud crabs, only to find they've got missile launchers or death rays.
    Hahaha, and Fallout 3 was a massive improvement over Oblivion, too.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm incredibly excited for ESV, I loved Oblivion.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Video Game, Debut In-Game Trailer HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I cried. Seriously. When he shouted I was so emotionally overwhelmed that a chill went down my spine and spilled over into tears.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Video Game, Debut In-Game Trailer HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I cried. Seriously. When he shouted I was so emotionally overwhelmed that a chill went down my spine and spilled over into tears.
    I... freaking... came.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meh still looks too much like Oblivion. I hope they at least reworked the gameplay.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The humanoid monster seemed a bit stiff. I'm glad that there are at least three different kinds of terrain rather than the two we experienced in Oblivion. The shout seemed kind of boring to me, personally. Perhaps that's because I was expecting more based on what was said by Yearg.

I like the look of the terrain but not the creatures. But I'm sure it'll look better when I play it, and even better after the mods come out.

I think it was just extremely well put together, like the Dead Island trailer, but perhaps more effective mostly because it is more representative of the game (as in there's actually in game footage). From a reductionist standpoint, yeah, it's a lot like Oblivion, but I expected as much. It still raises hair on the back of my neck. The music is the biggest part of it for me.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...I just had the most satisfying nerdgasm upon watching that trailer.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    The music is the biggest part of it for me.
    Ahahahaha, I couldn't listen to it without thinking of that YouTube video/song. "...and goodbye girlfriend's breasts ;_;"