Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Blog Entries

I've been watching the trailer like 12 times a day for the last couple of days, and it's just as epic every time. I... can't... wait!!! =(

That trailer was loads better than the teaser that was available on XBox Live. Even though they started the same. The game footage looks good in here. That humanoid monster looked like a troll or something. Considering they showed archery, I hope they fixed up the archery mechanics so you don't get raped for using it in higher difficulties. And again I re-iterate, they need to re-think how they handle difficulty adjustments. And I'm not a graphics whore, but I was pleased with what I saw of the world

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always saw archery more as a stealth attack if you're an assassin class character (or a good set up thief) to use from a distance but once the element of surprise was gone it's on to close quarters weaponry.

The only other usable use for archery in Morrowind or Oblivion imho was hunting wildlife that wouldn't fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I always saw archery more as a stealth attack if you're an assassin class character (or a good set up thief) to use from a distance but once the element of surprise was gone it's on to close quarters weaponry.

The only other usable use for archery in Morrowind or Oblivion imho was hunting wildlife that wouldn't fight back.
    I think used a mod to fix that (maybe Stealth Overhaul) and I could easily be a stealthy guy that could shoot and then slip back into the shadows quickly. Made a world of difference in making the game fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I felt Oblivion lacked some soul both in gameplay and "experience," so I'm hoping Skyrim ameliorates that.

The trailer was good, though. Not Yeargdribble Now Believes In God good, but good.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, a Skyrim thread!!! Slaughter the townfolks, download the brothel mods & jump off the mountains! Let the mayhem begins!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Adequate View Post
    I'll withhold judgment until I have details. Oblivion was stunningly mediocre, but if they can capture the magic of Morrowind, well boy howdy are we in for a wild ride.
    Nearly 12 years on, but I have bad news for you

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oblivion was relatively average I would said. Those weird faces still scare me.

The one (and only) thing I will say in Skyrim's defense is that at least it was better than Oblivion.