Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier

Wow... that's a mouthful. Well, it's almost a month away and I feel I need to remind people that there are still two more XIII titles on the way. For those not willing to read the article, SE promised awhile back that they would do a conference finally detailing some info on Versus and Agito. It was set for January 11th, 2011. Now its been renamed the thread title and has been pushed back to the 18th. While Nomura has mentioned that other titles like Dissidia 2 will be discussed, I'm pretty sure most of us are more curious about Versus and Agito since both have been in production for what feels like ages. Any thoughts or wishes that you hope to see or hear from the conference?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Any thoughts or wishes that you hope to see or hear from the conference?
    A release date for VersusXIII, preferably ending in "2011".

I won't hold my breath.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Versus XIII gameplay and of course the characters and world. I'm really fond of the direction Nomura and his crew are taking this game.

At least a possible release window for both Versus and Agito.

I like surprises so whatever other announcements SE will make is something to look forward to I suppose.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Square Enix will be inviting fans to attend the event, which will take place at the Toho Cinemas facility in Tokyo's Roppongi area.
    Lol, Roppongi is such a shady place .
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Square Enix will be inviting fans to attend the event, which will take place at the Toho Cinemas facility in Tokyo's Roppongi area.
    Lol, Roppongi is such a shady place .
    Most video game conferences are held in terrible areas. I know this because I am from California.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently Nomura has gotten fanboys speculating...

Did he ever reveal that "big title" people keep asking him about?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Apparently Nomura has gotten fanboys speculating...

Did he ever reveal that "big title" people keep asking him about?
    FFXIII:Towns edition ?

I want to here more about Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII ( a title Squeenix have had under trademark since 2006 according to FFwiki)and whatever the hell it is.

I also read that they were considering a direct sequel to XIII to expand the universe but that it would be dependant on how well it sold in the Western market. I wonder how they feel about that and if Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is the planned sequel?

I also want release dates for Versus and Agito like everyone else but I'd like to here a lot more about the improvements they intend to make to FFXIV and it's delayed PS3 version.

What in the world is with all these Final Fantasy XIIIs?? Everyone argues that Agito and Versus are separate, so why even have XIII in their titles? What's the supposed relationship going to be?

I think it'd be funny if they announced that Versus and Agito were going to be on the 360 and the PS3 versions were getting gimped due to this xP (kidding)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What in the world is with all these Final Fantasy XIIIs?? Everyone argues that Agito and Versus are separate, so why even have XIII in their titles? What's the supposed relationship going to be?
    Brand ?

I think it'd be funny if they announced that Versus and Agito were going to be on the 360 and the PS3 versions were getting gimped due to this xP (kidding)
    Agito is portable game yo.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Testsuya Nomua's own words: "The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme." They were built on the same idea of bringing back the importance of the crystals in the Final Fantasy series, but in the development cycles, they've each branched into their own direction. They all started development simultaneously, and that's about the end of it.

At any rate, I'd be happy to have them at least confirm a release date for Versus XIII. I don't much care about Agito XIII. Some news on Kingdom Hearts 3D and a potential announcement of a production timetable for Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice as well. Nomura has recently been hinting more and more that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, and we really don't know enough about Versus XIII's production cycle to make judgments, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're in early development and concept stages for KH3.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Testsuya Nomua's own words: "The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme." They were built on the same idea of bringing back the importance of the crystals in the Final Fantasy series, but in the development cycles, they've each branched into their own direction. They all started development simultaneously, and that's about the end of it.
    Just because they have crystals in them? That sounds like a cover up for what the real reason could be which I think is just a marketing tool to get more people to buy the games because it has XIII in the title. I don't really care as much for what they're doing anymore. The things they've been doing lately doesn't give me the urge to give them any of my money.

FFXIV Character

I like to think that's why FFXIII got stripped down to what it is. Even if it isn't. Blaming bad things on Microsoft is always fun.

I too am curious how these games will turn out to be related. They say they take place in "the same universe" but what exactly does this mean? It certainly doesn't look like VersusXIII takes place on Cocoon or Pulse, and SE also says none of them are sequels or prequels to each other, meaning that it can't be taking place in a different time period on Cocoon or Pulse. Or can it?

Either way I am interested to see why they all share a title.
    I like Kung-Fu.

At any rate, I'd be happy to have them at least confirm a release date for Versus XIII. I don't much care about Agito XIII. Some news on Kingdom Hearts 3D and a potential announcement of a production timetable for Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice as well. Nomura has recently been hinting more and more that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, and we really don't know enough about Versus XIII's production cycle to make judgments, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're in early development and concept stages for KH3.
    That makes me wonder even more as to why even put XIII in the title. Why not just have their own side stories if there's no real relation. Just Final Fantasy Versus or Final Fantasy Agito. Hell, they may end being good enough to spawn their own franchises running along-side Final Fantasy and possibly end up better, or more popular. Like Kingdom Hearts. Now if they decide to do any more with them it'll be Final Fantasy XIII Versus II. Even worse if they give it a sub-title

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That makes me wonder even more as to why even put XIII in the title. Why not just have their own side stories if there's no real relation. Just Final Fantasy Versus or Final Fantasy Agito. Hell, they may end being good enough to spawn their own franchises running along-side Final Fantasy and possibly end up better, or more popular. Like Kingdom Hearts. Now if they decide to do any more with them it'll be Final Fantasy XIII Versus II. Even worse if they give it a sub-title
    Calm down, Versus xiii was candidate to be next generation FF but due to a lot of factors they made it a sub-title

One of the biggest factor is:
    Tokyo-Shinjiku

Versus XIII

Agito was card mini-game on mobile but they dropped that project.

Looks like we are getting FFXIII-2 after all.