Thread: Possible Chrono Cross on PSN!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Possible Chrono Cross on PSN!

I say possible cause I don't trust the source.

So apparently the twitter page has been doing just fabulous and so SE decided to award its fans by finally releasing Chrono Cross for the PSN. The article fails to mention if it will be released on all the networks or just Japans. Thoughts?

Given I have the PS1 disc at my disposal, I don't care to much, though maybe I'll buy it anyway, the copy here is my bro's.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

So our PSN releases are being held hostage by the success or failure of SE's twitter account?

$^#@$&#$&#$&#$&^Y#&#

More seriously, I really hope this is true. I don't see why SE has been so slow to release it's back catalog for PSN. They all sell so well.

Well, it has no bearing on me, since I've long ago downloaded the PS1-PSP converted copy. But it opens up the windows to a couple of things. More love for past games. And more love for Chrono games. Generally both good things. So no complaints here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hope this gets released here and Xenogears comes soon after, as well as Parasite Eve, so that I can finally play the game.

btw just curious

Is it possible to take PSN games and put them on the PSP? I ask because it rings a bell to me, but I cba to Google.

I have an EBOOT of this game I made anyway, so it's not that big of a deal, but just curious.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes you can move them over to your PSP. I have a memory stick that has VII, VIII, and IX on the bugger so I can play them on the go.

Also, I found a better source. Looks like, once again, the Japanese fans get the spoils. I'm seriously starting to think SE only thinks FF does well outside of Japan cause they have released one old school title for DLC that was non-FF and that was Secret of Mana for WiiWare. Argh! I mean Japan's PSN has Front Mission 3, Threads of Fate, Legend of Mana, Xenogears, Vagrant Story and now Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve...

Jeeze. And yet again, I have reason to not feel bad about hacking my PSP to play these on my own. I guess its just money they don't want :} It seems ridiculous though. This is almost free money if I'm understanding right. They can't possibly be doing that much different than people with hacked PSPs that rip their disks into EBOOTs. So all they have to do is pay some guy to rip the translated ones and put them up on the network at whatever price. How hard is that?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If Square Enix does not want to release its old titles for gamers to acquire legitimately, then said gamers will find a way to play the game by themselves on their own without any purchase necessary.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Why hasn't Threads of Fate been made available for the US yet?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    If Square Enix does not want to release its old titles for gamers to acquire legitimately, then said gamers will find a way to play the game by themselves on their own without any purchase necessary.
    Japan always get more games on PSN/VC, what so surprising about that ?

meh I'd be more excited about plenty of other titles. CC was fun and all but there's lots better. I remember I was a lot happier when it and LoD came out at the same time and I got LoD first instead of CC. I'd be more excited about the PE and Xenogears news.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    I think its surprising because a lot of the games in question are available in English. So why shouldn't they be put on the network? I can't imagine its a laborious task. I'm still under the impression its basically free money, by re-selling digital copies of old games

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    I think its surprising because a lot of the games in question are available in English. So why shouldn't they be put on the network? I can't imagine its a laborious task. I'm still under the impression its basically free money, by re-selling digital copies of old games
    It isn't that much of free money, some of these games (Xenogears,CC) had bugs where it froze on certain point on PSP or PS3 could prevent/delay it from release. Another point it is all about NA & EU branches.