Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: National Stereotypes

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As vile as Aussie beer is (And it truly is), nothing can compare with the sheer horrific despicable filth that passes for beer in America. Funnily, I like a couple of American beers when they are brewed in Europe, but the ones actually made in the US? Beyond dire.

So there's one: Americans have beer.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're beer.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the Irish stereotype because it's about 90% based in truth, especially any part of said stereotype relating to alcohol lol Although this "top of the mornin too ya" accent is only found in Cork but I've never heard an actual Irish person say "top of the mornin to ya" with any degree of seriousness. I am partial to telling the odd leprechaun story to dumba$$ tourist because it's amazing how many actually believe you!

I hate being an American. All the stereotypes are true. :[ Not necessarily about me, but for other people... God, it's true! D:

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid that everyone will hate me when I take my leave to Ireland. :'3

Blog Entries

There's another American stereotype: WHAT THE HELL IS SO AWESOME ABOUT BEING 1/18th IRISH THAT YOU SIMPLY MUST TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT. I'm sure I'm Irish somewhere down the line, but I don't see why I should rejoice in sharing blood with a bunch of 3ft horse jockeys

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    There's another American stereotype: WHAT THE HELL IS SO AWESOME ABOUT BEING 1/18th IRISH THAT YOU SIMPLY MUST TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT. I'm sure I'm Irish somewhere down the line, but I don't see why I should rejoice in sharing blood with a bunch of 3ft horse jockeys
    I guess it's kinda like how Americans tell everyone everyone how their great-great-grandfather was a native, except with less guilt involved
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As someone who isn't at all removed from Ireland in terms of heritage I can assure you that being Irish is totally pimp and fantastic. :hux:

Y'all just jelly.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was born in Utah and live in Arizona, so I'm obviously a gun-toting anti-immigration racist conservative Mormon.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Hi! I am Sven Henrik the Chair! I sing ven I talk and I like very many tings but mostly gay rights and ABBA and meatballs. Hav a gud dej!

I drink warm beer because I don't feel like putting it in the fridge when it tastes nasty even when its cold. All beer tastes nasty. So the fact that warm beer is nasty is a moot point to me. I drink it for a slight buzz. Nothing to do with the taste in either regard. And yes I've had cold beer. It doesn't taste any better. At all. All varieties. Black, white, regular. Ale and lager don't taste any better. In fact the darker it is the worse it is

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    All beer tastes nasty.
    Truth.

Too bad as an Australian, I'm expected to be drinking it for breakfast. I don't throw shrimp on barbies either..... I call them prawns
    I do, admittedly, say g'day.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Ti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    All beer tastes nasty.
    Truth.
    What are you two, twelve?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Also, foreigners actually seem to have it in their simple heads that we actually drink that vile piss water known as Fosters, but in my experience the only people who touch the stuff are poms who have migrated over.

Blog Entries

Not that this is a stereotype but I hear our money is more waterproof but havent seen any hard evidence. I think Ive left a few $5 notes in my pockets when I put my pants in the wash which come out fine. If it is true Its something nicer to brag about rather than cold beer.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Being from North West England I should probably just leave now; the assumptions of us is that we'll steal, drink, swear and are basically like the families in Shameless. That and we're all scousers from Liverpool.

"... St Helens, Northwest England.."
    "Oh, so you're a scouser?"
    "No.. DID I SAY LIVERPOOL"