Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: National Stereotypes

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm from Tennessee so I'm either a) A gangsta or b)A gun-toting uber-America redneck.

I'm from Ireland so I am a little partial to some of the stereotype of drinking. I am very partial to alcohol (ask Shattered Dreams for details) but I am against the stereotype that all Irish are drunk and do feck all else. In fairness I am an MSc in Analytical Chemistry and I am currently applying to do a PhD so I would consider myself relatively intelligent. Also the amount of Irish immigrant in the US means that by probability that almost 93% of americans have some Irish blood. Bu that does not give you the right to claim "I'm Irish". I postulate that to be Irish yo must be born in Ireland with at least 5 generations of Irish blood or born abroad with 8 or more generations of Irish blood. But I'll acept a drink from anyone so.........who's round is it?!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi The Insane View Post
    I hate being an American. All the stereotypes are true. :[ Not necessarily about me, but for other people... God, it's true! D:

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid that everyone will hate me when I take my leave to Ireland. :'3
    I wouldn't worry about Ireland Naomi! Buy and large we love American us Irish even when we say we don't

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    I wouldn't worry about Ireland Naomi! Buy and large we love American us Irish even when we say we don't
    I must agree Matt. But is it because of our amicable nature or that we have successfully invaded every country on the planet?