Thread: What gigs are you planning to go?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Moomba What gigs are you planning to go?

With the new year coming up there's a lot of opportunities for everyone to get out there and see a live band play. So the question is, are there any gigs coming up you fancy or plan to go to?

For me, I'm planning to see Iron Maiden in Newcastle, I last saw them in 2006 and though they played only 5 classics and the whole of A Matter Of Life And Death it was awesome.

Tempted to go see Rush in Newcastle as well if I can afford it.

I really want to go see Saxon who are playing in Newcastle too.

I'd also love to go down to Sonisphere and see the Big 4.

Er... Judas Priest might stop by and if I can help it I'll travel the country hell, even the world to see them as much as I can before they split.

Manowar down in Birmingham is tempting.

So, what about you guys?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The big one will probably be Mayhem Festival this summer, but I need to find a couple of guys to make the trip with me.

In March I'll be seeing All Shall Perish, Conducting from the Grave and Decrepit Birth up at a local venue.

No other plans for shows yet.

I'll be seeing the Cold War Kids this January and Band of Horses in February, both in Amsterdam. Other than that, no plans at the moment.

I'll definately go to another festival this summer, but I'm not sure which one yet.

Joan as Police Woman, Mogwai and Iron & Wine are all playing in the first few months of 2011 in the city I live in. I'd be stupid to pass on those.

Other than those many other concerts await. Including a big bunch at the annual Roskilde Festival. Can't believe it's gonna be my sixth year this time around.

I have lots of plans. Trout Fishing in America in January; Joe Crookston, John Fullbright, John Gorka, and Josh Ritter in February; Albert & Gage in March; and the regular run of festivals in the summer. I'm sure there will be plenty more, but I've only looked at individual shows in the early part of the year.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

A band I dig just reformed and are playing in Feb so I'm going to go see that. Other than that, no plans yet. I have an urge to watch live now after the Manics were so good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm seeing Tool in feb, and I'll probably get a future music fest ticket and see Pendulum, MGMT, Chemical Brothers and some others. Also debating whether to see Stone Temple Pilots in march, that one will depend on how much they decide to charge...because their new album blows and they don't deserve more than $80 for a ticket.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I've passed on it the last three years because I always wait too long to get tickets and then they're too expensive, but this year I'm finally going to go to Ultra Music Festival.

I'm going to Coachella !!! This will be my job's "Christmas party"... god I love my boss