Thread: Healing dillemma what should i do? best way to bring up mp points?

Default Healing dillemma what should i do? best way to bring up mp points?

So right now I'm at the point of the game that i need to go to the stillshrine to get the sword for ashe.

Gambits for 70 or 60%hp = cure are not cutting it
    neither are gambits for the same health rate with potions.

60 to 70%hp then hi potion is not working cause they get spammed and the count of high potions goes down very fast.

cura heals plenty, but i have some of my characters run out of mana way to fast with a 60% cura gambit.

vaan, and fran both have three mist charges, but after serveral intense fights fran (who i mostly use with the cura gambit) runs out of mana after a bit. she as around 200 or more mana. the others only have one to two mist charges so they would not be better for healing.

I need to do a lot of xp/lp farming as it is to get everyone in light armor for the boss in the stillshrine.

i kept fran using bows, so she can keep her distance.

what do you think would be a good solution for my problems?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

This is usually where it gets a little awkward for that sort of thing. I recommend setting your Cura gambit a bit lower, maybe fifty or forty percent, if possible. How many quickenings do your characters have? You may have to do a bit of farming, but it really helps to have two per character at this point. You probably can't get it just yet, but it's best to get Charge as soon as possible.

If all else fails, just walk around for a bit to charge up your MP!

I have charge on all my characters, so when they get low i usually charge until it succeeds twice in a row. charge two successice times again when mp reaches around 15.

that gives me about 2 uses of cura though, so it gets kind of annoying. how much do you think mystic armor would boost mp at this point of the game? most of my characters are 22-30 level range.

oh and i use vaan as my leader, i don't use gambits with him, i just treat him like a character from the older turn based final fantasies mashing square when i get to an enemy, choosing steal, then attacking or healing/ curing ailments when needed.

All of my characters at some point in the game are capable of casting both Cure and Cura at the least.

Try giving everyone Cura, but only certain people should use it in "emergencies", like your tanks.

Also:

oh and i use vaan as my leader, i don't use gambits with him, i just treat him like a character from the older turn based final fantasies mashing square when i get to an enemy, choosing steal, then attacking or healing/ curing ailments when needed.
    Try setting Vaan's gambits to do this, and control your white mage.

If resetting your gambits doesn't help, you may be under-leveled. Also, your weapons may be behind the times, as with every new area to enter better weapons are available for discovery or purchase. When I first played this game I got stuck at the Stillshrine of Miriam because my character levels were too low, so I took a break to bring them all up by five levels. Somehow I managed to increase each of their levels by 7-10, so when I returned to the fight my character's stats were more than enough to defeat this area. So, you may just have to take a training break. Unfortunately, the embroidered tippet is not available at this stage of game, as this is my favorite accessory.

I also second the idea of lowering your cura gambit to a lower percentage(like 40%).

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

One would hope mindfray has gotten past this point

The thread is a bit too old for revival!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.