Thread: "You are not authorized to view this file on this game system" ahhh what?

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default "You are not authorized to view this file on this game system" ahhh what?

This is related to watching movies on the PS3 so I decided to put this topic in The Lounge, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I tried to watch a camera copy of a movie (my bad) through my PS3 & about 3-4 mins into the movie I got an error message that stated the file was protected under copyright law & that my PS3 refused to play it! I wasn't aware that the PS3 had such a file restriction built in.

Basically I was wondering has anyone else encountered this or does the Xbox 360 have similar restrictions on files protected by copyright?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Interesting! I've only watched a couple of questionable movie files on our Xbox, but so far no such thing has happened to us.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Interesting! I've only watched a couple of questionable movie files on our Xbox, but so far no such thing has happened to us.
    Me & my house mates were kinda surprised! Although I'm sure it was mentioned in one of the many Sony user agreements I didn't read lol

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've heard Sony is much craftier when it comes to anti-piracy than some others.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lol, smurfing Sony. No, I've never had that issue when I did watch movies through my 360.