U jelly?

there was a picture here

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Hard because I am MLG pro
    Haha you go in hard

I always pick easy mode because 1) it's just a game and 2) I just want to know the story

Articles
    Blog Entries

Alwasy Normal/Medium, that's how the game was intended to be played. I had a brief fling with playing shooter campaigns on hard b/c they were getting kinda easy, but that was a big mistake on Killzone 2, which can be difficult in itself, and the last engagement was designed to be a hug endurance test. My girl decimated FEAR2 kinda nicely on hard, though.

After beating a game I might play around on Easy if there's trophies like beating a level without dying.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Depends on whether or not it's a game in a franchise I'm familiar with. I burn through Halo games on Legendary because I largely know what to expect and troubleshooting any trying parts is usually just a matter of trial and error with different strategies anyway.

Most games I'll play on the default setting and then beat again on a higher setting. I'll bump down to easy if I've already played the game through enough (like my more recent runs of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 just building a file to transfer into ME3).

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I had a brief fling with playing shooter campaigns on hard b/c they were getting kinda easy, but that was a big mistake on Killzone 2, which can be difficult in itself,
    Couldn't agree with you more! Killzone 2 is probably one of the toughest games on PS3 & probably the
    toughest FPS I've played when on it's highest difficulty! Great game though and can't wait for Killzone 3

Hard usually.

I would have started P3 on hard, but I got it before FES, so I could only do normal. I did start 4 on Hard though.

Whatever difficulty the game defaults to I play as. Developer knows best.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Normal or Easy.

Usually Normal in genres I'm pretty good at, and then easy for genres I know I tend to struggle with.

In translation that would mean I always pick normal for survival horror games like Silent Hill and I tend to go easy on games that require aiming in action, like the newest Goldeneye game.

I never pick hard, unless hard actually regulates puzzle difficulty like in some Silent Hill games. But usually Hard just means more enemies, more bullets to kill an enemy or less hits you can take before you die, and all these things are just annoying and getting in the way of the real game, so wuteva~~~

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

depends, on KH games I always go normal first, then whatever the hardest mode is, and attempt to get everything.
    On the Warriors games (ex. Warriors Orochi) I always unlock everything in hard or normal, then reset every character's level to 1 and play on critical mode only.

On Crisis core, hard mode only, even Minerva is easy on normal
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Eh, usually medium (or, in the case of halo/cod, the second to easiest), not too much of a challenge, then if I replay a game, I go to a harder difficulty

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Always the default 'normal' level. I then do harder levels if I enjoy the game enough (which is rare, I usually prefer to just move on to the next game) and if I'm really into it and there are a lot of trophies to get, I'll do what I can on easy later on (eg. for Uncharted 2, I got most of my "kill-so-many-people-with-each-gun" trophies on easy and a lot of them using unlockable 'cheat modes' such as one-hit-kills and unlimited ammunition).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Always the default 'normal' level. I then do harder levels if I enjoy the game enough (which is rare, I usually prefer to just move on to the next game) and if I'm really into it and there are a lot of trophies to get, I'll do what I can on easy later on (eg. for Uncharted 2, I got most of my "kill-so-many-people-with-each-gun" trophies on easy and a lot of them using unlockable 'cheat modes' such as one-hit-kills and unlimited ammunition).
    (high fives Bob)
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In all seriousness, it depends on the game in question, or at least the genre. If it's an FPS I'm liable to put it on hard right away, I'm fairly good at them and anything less tends to not be challenging. I'll put a JRPG on hard, if it has difficulty levels at all, just to try and provide some reason for the gameplay mechanics rather than reading a book. Aside from a couple of accidentally too-tough bosses which you get in most games, JRPGs are usually very easy. WRPGs are often a lot less so, and I'll usually go through on normal at first (With Mass Effect I went through on Hard, but Hard is the third of five difficulties I have also played most of the way through starting with a level 1 character on Insane, but that's hardly something I would do the first time I played the game )

Fighting games I tend to keep on normal or put on easy; in no other genre is there a greater disconnect between difficulty and fairness.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I understand what people mean about different game genres having different difficults. I've found that RPG's on hard seem a lot more challenging than a FPS on hard.

But what do you mean when you say that you play on easy because your playing for the story? The difficulty doesn't effect the story, it just effects the gameplay and the amount of trophies you can unlock.

Its rare for me to play through games multiple times these days, so its entirely dependent on the specific game. Some games have things that are only available on the hard difficulty, meaning i will play on hard because i want to experience everything the game has to offer. Otherwise i will probably just play on normal.

Fps games i always play on the hardest difficulty though, because otherwise i would just fly through it in like 6 hours because their campaigns are usually so short.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9