Thread: Nostalgias'plosion

Default Nostalgias'plosion

In the last month or so, I've come to be back in touch with a lot of family and friends that I haven't seen or talked to in three to ten years. It's been really crazy, but it's been really nice. It's really neat seeing how much everyone has changed over all this time.

Topic: Have you re-established any old relationships re5cently?

P.S. That 5 is from Jesswee.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope! Have been tempted to do so a couple times, but thus far I have refrained.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One of my BFFs from elementary school came to my bachelorette party that four years ago. That's about it though.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Every year on December 26th, I meet up with friends I used to hang out with during my teens but don't see very much these days due to them living in various different parts of Ireland. I love doing it! Reminds me of a time when we all had no or little responsibilities and our main aim was just having a good time.

There are a few other people I've considered reconnecting with lately, but some relationships/friendships are best left in the past I think.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm meeting an old friend I haven't seen in a while. It must be three years at least, but he's lived in another state for six now. It'll be good to see him, he'll probably be monster tall now.

Blog Entries

One send a friend request to me on facebook. That's all. :[

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I got in touch with my elementary school friends a few months ago after bumping into each other on the street. It been like forever since we last met! We chat about old times and added each other on facebook to stay in contact!

I also come back to the forums to keep in touch with some members like Jesweeee,Rantzien,Shattered Dreamer,Guardian,Bert,Manus,Pauper..etc etc and my all time favorite Shiny. Although she is into guys now.

It is good that you do not forget your friends and try to pop by to say hello once in a while if you. There is a reason that you met each and became friends! So treasure the relationship and dun ever let it disappear into oblivion! Every moment counts!
    Last edited by Christmas; 01-05-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not really, no.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Not for a really long time. I once took a bus home and then saw a girl I went to grade 8 (up to high school, but we never hung out). Another time in a college next to a university I saw another friend from HS at the university.

Considering I live in a town that's not too big (pop 200,000s) I rarely see people I know from the past.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Every year on December 26th, I meet up with friends I used to hang out with during my teens but don't see very much these days due to them living in various different parts of Ireland. I love doing it! Reminds me of a time when we all had no or little responsibilities and our main aim was just having a good time.
    Oh yeah, we usually do that around Christmas too. BJ's brother comes in from Colorado, and his friends from kindergarten come, and they all bring their wives. Last year it was beer and Rock Band, this year it was whiskey and darts.

Nope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I started talking to my 'first love' again, who is a filthy whore by the way. We still get along pretty good.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, one of the people I'm avoiding contacting is an ex. I'm heading visiting friends in February so I'll no doubt see her then, the friend I'm staying with introduced us.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

I recently had my best friend from infants school get in contact with me. It was a rather pleasant surprise as I actually thought he had forgotten me in the 15 years since we last saw each other...

Just proves that if you make a significant enough impact on someones life they don't forget...

I recently added a girl I went to Primary School with (until she moved 3 hours away). It's good to see what she's doing now, even if we never really end up being close friends again.
    My new years kiss also happened to be with a guy I've known (literally) since I was born Hadn't seen him in years, and now it's a bit awkward.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team