Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Questions *Major Spoilers*

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Default Random Questions *Major Spoilers*

This is a question that has puzzled me ever since my first play through of the first Kingdom Hearts game.

How did Sora get from Destiny Island to Traverse Town?

My first thought was a dark portal, like those so often used by Organisation XIII members, but he had no dark or special powers at all at that point (except the keyblade). He had not yet gained access to Goofy's and Donalds's gummi ship, nor does he have special armour like Ventus an co. Or a special star gem like Mickey. So how did it happen? Was there something I missed?
    This also leads to my second question.

How did Kairi's body get to Captain Hook's ship?

I say Captain Hook's ship because I'm sure thats the first play WE (not Sora and co) see her limp, lifeless body.

I'm not sure if playing the game again would help me find the answer so that is why I'm asing you guys.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Traverse Town is a world made from the remains of destroyed worlds. Everything in it is just an amalgamation of the ruined portions of worlds consumed by the heartless. It's not that Sora intentionally used any of the dark corridors or anything like that. His heart was simply strong enough that when his world was completely consumed he appeared in Traverse Town.

This is also presumably why Traverse Town does not make appearances after Kingdom Hearts. Once the worlds are restored at the end of Kingdom Hearts, everything that made up Traverse Town returned to its original world (as we see Kairi is returned to Destiny Islands when it is restored).

Regarding Kairi, we are first shown her body in an image by Maleficent. From what Nomura has suggested in interviews, it's probably a safe assumption that when Kairi's heart separated from her body, the body was lost in the Realm of Darkness. Another safe assumption would then be that Maleficent recovered the body from the Realm of Darkness. As for how her body ended up on Captain Hook's ship, it's probably a safe bet that Riku was keeping the body with him on his way to Hallow Bastion.

FFXIV Character

Yeah, that makes sense. But with no heart and her body presumably consumed by darkness, shouldn't Kairi have turned into a heartless?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the term heartless is misleading. A heartless refers to someone whose heart was consumed by darkness, not someone without a heart. So they should be called 'dark hearts'. Anyway, only Kairi's body was lost in the darkness. So she never became a heartless because her heart was just fine. In fact, as a princess of heart I would think it impossible for her to become a heartless since her heart is pure light.

And I can't believe I'm such a huge dork for knowing all this.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Your not a dork, its somewhat cool to know all this. Leading on from that, why did Sora turn into a heartless then. His heart wasn't consumed by darkness but released by the keyblade. Also, his heart was connected to Kairi's so in a sense, there situation was switched.

Even if you ignore that bit, Sora has a very strong heart, he shouldn't have turned into a pathetic shadow heartless. He would have turned into a heartless version of himself or at least a very strong heartless. Or doesn't it work like that?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I was going to ask that same question. Perhaps by willingly releasing his heart he 'gave it up' to the darkness in order to rescue the princesses. But he was able to come back because his heart and his bond to Kairi was so strong? Also I thought the strength of the heartless you become is based on how bad you are. Since Sora isn't evil at all he became the weakest heartless. Either way, what happened to him was a unique situation so it probably has unique rules.

For a game about Disney characters it sure has a complex mythology.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

the real question is how did kairi get to destiny islands pretty much imediatly after bbs?
    while we're at it, lets ask some more paradoxes!

(SPOILER)
    how did beast get to hollow bastion?
    why isn't rikku the hero when he is linked directly to terra in bbs, but sora isn't but barely linked to ventus?
    why is neverland in EVERY kingdom hearts game except 2?
    why is agrabah changed so much in 1 and 2, same with halloween town?
    how does merlin live in radient garden but without it being completely destroyed he is in traverse town?
    Why is Sora voiced by a girl?
    how and when is re:coded supposed to take place?
    How does Sora grow over a foot in a year?
    why is Roxas Ventus?
    How is it that terra goes to cinderellas castle after ventus, but is at the dwarf woods before ventus, when that is the first place Ventus goes????????????????

the answer to all of these is: I T I S A G A M E

Edit: Mark your spoilers -Murder
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

why is Roxas Ventus?
    Because Ventus eventually becomes a part of Sora, so it makes sense that Sora's nobody would resemble him.

Just after KHII, the Sora in this game is a digital replica made by King Mickey.

Because he's a pubescent boy who is supposed to sound sweet and relate-able. If he was voiced by a guy he'd sound too stoic.

Growth spurt dude. Same reason you have 2 elbow creases.

Sorry for answering some of your rhetorical questions XD You are right, it's just a game, I don't think it's necessary to analyse every little piece. I personally think they're making this series much too drawn out and complicated.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

FFXIV Character

Since Sora isn't evil at all he became the weakest heartless.
    Isn't the weakest/most friendly heartless the White mushroom. If anything, that is a good heartless so he should have become that, but I see your point. The mythology is pretty complicated.

I thought he said that him and his world was being consumed by darkness. As he longed to see Belle with all his heart and with there connection, he appeared at her location.

why isn't rikku the hero when he is linked directly to terra in bbs, but sora isn't but barely linked to ventus?
    I think Riku metioned this, something about how he chose the darkness in order to leave Destiny Island stopped him from being a keyblade master at that time. Sora happened to be was next in line.

Captain Hooke was already dead and consumed by darkenss by KH2 because he was defeated in KH1. BBS was before all that so he is still alive and can be used in a story.

Fund raising and renervations thanks to Jack

how does merlin live in radient garden but without it being completely destroyed he is in traverse town?
    Similar to how Sora appears in traverse town. Radient garden was his real home.

I thought he was voiced by Halley Joe Osmant....is that not a boy? The "I see dead people" boy?

How is it that terra goes to cinderellas castle after ventus, but is at the dwarf woods before ventus, when that is the first place Ventus goes????????????????
    Very poor storyboard planning by the writers. That confused the crap out of me. A similar thing happens later on as well.

the answer to all of these is: I T I S A G A M E
    Its not a game, its a way of life........not really. It is just a game, but I have a bad habit for analysing things a bit too much. I'm just not happy until I understand it all.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

devore- Captain Hooke was already dead and consumed by darkenss by KH2 because he was defeated in KH1. BBS was before all that so he is still alive and can be used in a story.

(SPOILER)he didn't die, hes in 358/2 as well
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Really!? Poor guy, is he destined to die and be reborn with the sole purpose of being someone that Peter Pan can annoy and best at every possible occasion.

Speaking of Peter Pan, in the live action movie, was there some kind of significant reason for Hooke and the dad being played by the same actor? Or did they just like the actor?
    Though that has nothing to do with Kingdoms Hearts, so I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

By his own sheer force of will. Nomura has commented about this in interviews. It's happened a couple other times as well, but the other examples are escaping me.

Riku is able to take the keyblade from Sora in Kingdom Hearts because he was chosen by Terra. Sora is able to wield the keyblade because Ventus's heart is within Sora the same why Kairi is.

Why shouldn't it be? It's the one world where none of the characters age by the very nature of Neverland. It's perfect.

As you point out, it's a game.

Merlin has already demonstrated an ability to travel between worlds. All the other characters native to Radiant Garden also fled to Traverse Town when it was overrun by the heartless. This is explained by Leon in Kingdom Hearts.

Fair shot at HJO, I guess.

The precedent for a digital world is set in Kingdom Hearts 2 with DiZ's digital version of Twilight Town. Re: Coded takes place immediately after Kingdom Hearts 2 in a digital world based on a data version of Jiminy's journal.

I grew thirteen inches in eighteen months. Your point?

why is Roxas Ventus?
    Sora is a vessel for Ventus's heart the same way it was a vessel for Kairi's. When Sora releases Kairi's heart with the incomplete keyblade made from the Princesses of Light, it also would have released Ven's heart. Ven's heart went with Sora's nobody--a shell without a heart--and essentially Roxas is created in Ventus's image. Xemnas's reports suggest that Roxas has a heart, and it is entirely likely that Roxas is literally Ventus reborn, hence the ability to use a keyblade.

He left first and traveled faster? You're thinking about it too much.

Further, Kairi cannot create a heartless. When a person's heart is consumed by a heartless, it is the darkness in their heart that spawns a heartless. Since a Princess of Heart has a pure heart, there is no darkness in her heart to make a heartless.

Sora became a shadow heartless because he was a naturally created heartless. Other heartless were artificially created by Xehanort's research in Radiant Garden. Since Sora became a heartless by releasing his own heart, not by being consumed by a manufactured artificial heartless, he became a shadow.

As for why Sora was able to retain his memory, the Xemnas Reports mention that only Sora and Xehanort have been able to retain their identity as heartless. Sora and Xehanort have one important thing in common that may be the cause of this apparently uncommon phenomenon. Specifically, at the time they became heartless, each of their bodies currently possessed multiple (three, in both cases) hearts. Sora's body held his own heart, Kairi's heart, and Ventus's heart. Xehanort (or Terranort, I guess) held Terra's heart, Xehanort's heart, and Eraqus's heart. This is likely the reason their ability to retain their minds as heartless occurred. One might be able to argue that Sora's heartless was spawned of both his heart and mind while Roxas was formed of his body and Ventus's heart and mind. This, consequently, might suggest that Xehanort's heartless was made of Xehanort's heart and mind while Xemnas was formed of Terra's body, heart, and mind (while lacking memories). Or some similar combination of the above.

For how many holes Kingdom Hearts II left us, the additional titles really have done a remarkable job of giving them pretty consistent explanations. I don't like to give Nomura credit, and I certainly refuse to say that he had this all planned out from the beginning, but he has done a very good job of making a good continuity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey guy's, I know there are probably only a handful of people who frequent this forum but let's keep up the spoiler tags. BbS is not exactly an "old" title. Please add Spoiler tags to posts.

FFXIV Character

Sorry about that Kanno.....I just noticed, we're in similar locations.

Am I the only person who wishes that there was more FF characters that you could beat up. I always feel that the best fights are against the Square Enix inspired characters, thats FF, OXIII and others that don't come to mind right now.

Is there any main FF characters that you would like to fight?

For me its Jecht, Gabranth and Kain. All of which could be called forth by Hades.

Beast's "sheer force of will" was confirmed to have been the Dark Corridors. I'm not sure in what way he used them, but my guess is he followed Riku through them.

Riku isn't the hero because he chose to embrace Darkness. Sora's Keyblade, the Kingdom Key, is the Keyblade of the Realm of Light. Therefore, while Riku WAS the person originally meant to get the Keyblade, it went to Sora instead because Riku chose Darkness while Sora chose Light.

Neverland wasn't in Kingdom Hearts 2 because they probably just didn't have room for it. Peter Pan and Tinker Bell do appear as a summon, though.

Agrabah and Halloween Town are changed because it would be boring if they looked exactly the same.

Merlin is a wizard, so he probably has the ability to travel between worlds. He probably moved out of Radiant Garden when it started getting overrun with Heartless and evildoers and being called Hollow (yes, it's Hollow, people, not Hallow) Bastion.

Sora is actually voiced by a male in both Japanese and English. Irino Miyu voices him in Japanese, while Haley Joel Osment is his English voice actor.

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is set just after Kingdom Hearts II. The plot begins when Jiminy Cricket, wondering about the "Thank Naminé" line written in his journal, finds another message that he did not write: "Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it." (In the original Kingdom Hearts coded, the message read "We must return to free them from their torment.") He digitises the journal in an attempt to find out the source of the message, but finds it overrun with Bug Blox that are corrupting the journal. Jiminy creates a data copy of Sora and sends it into the journal to destroy the Bug Blox and fix the journal. The game's story is very strongly connected to Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, despite taking place canonically several years after it.

The other questions have already been answered pretty well.

I'd also like to take this time to say that I would be really REALLY excited to see Zidane Tribal appear in a Kingdom Hearts game. His personality would mean he would fit right in (he's a lot like Sora in some ways), plus, now that he has a Japanese and English voice actor (thanks to Dissidia: Final Fantasy), there's really no excuse not to put him in. Hell, Cid Highwind was in there even BEFORE he had an official voice actor.

Kefka Palazzo is another person I want to see, possibly as an optional superboss (in the same vein as Sephiroth has been). A battle with Kefka would be pretty awesome, plus, again he has a voice actor now, so why not? Just imagine dodging a barrage of magic with that crazy-ass laugh of his ringing in your ears...

But how about pulling off the biggest fanservice of all? Even if it comes out of nowhere, there's one FF villain that would make every FF fanboy and fangirl out there wet their pants if he appeared in Kingdom Hearts as a secret boss.

Garland.

Yes, the original from the very first Final Fantasy game. Think about it. Garland as a boss fight in Kingdom Hearts. For added fanservice points, have him open the battle with his trademark line: "I, Garland, will knock you all down!" Does anyone else here think that would be the coolest thing ever? Plus, like the above, he HAS a Japanese and English voice actor already. So why not use him?

What do you guys think?