Thread: Random Questions *Major Spoilers*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think I'd wet my pants for Garland. Who the hell cares about Garland? He was one of the most boring villains in Dissidia. I'd rather see Kefka, Kuja, or Golbez as bosses.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Devore
    Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Your not a dork, its somewhat cool to know all this.
    Knowledge is cool...
    and
    why did Sora turn into a heartless when his heart wasn't consumed by darkness but released by the keyblade.
    The dark keyblade works differently, I'd suppose.

Del
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    the strength of the heartless you become is based on how bad you are.
    In KHII, Sora has done some growing. An inescapable aspect of pubescence is the development of a bad attitude. Personally, I think this explains Sora's new Shadow form (Anti-Form).

Hype
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    why isn't rikku the hero when he is linked directly to terra in bbs, but sora isn't but barely linked to ventus? Riku was originally supposed to be the Keyblade Master but he turned to darkness for his power instead.
    why is agrabah changed so much in 1 and 2, same with halloween town? munny
    how does merlin live in radient garden but without it being completely destroyed he is in traverse town? There was no Radiant Garden in KH. It became Hollow Bastion due to the darkness... pretty much like being destroyed.
    Why is Sora voiced by a girl? In the States, he voiced by Haley Joel Osment, Emily Osment's big brother. FYI, Naruto is voiced by Maile Flanagan, a girl, even now that he's a scruffy teenager.
    How does Sora grow over a foot in a year?
    why is Roxas Ventus? Had to explain him somehow...
    How is it that terra goes to cinderellas castle after ventus, but is at the dwarf woods before ventus, when that is the first place Ventus goes? different paths take different times... just because two people travel to the same places doesn't mean their paths will cross and it doesn't mean they'll reach those places in the same order.
    the answer to all of these is: IT IS A GAME
    Games, books, movies, works of fiction in general... there's no excuse for failure to protect the plot/storyline/mythos/in-universe-rules...
    Oucho
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    As for why Sora was able to retain his memory, the Xemnas Reports mention that only Sora and Xehanort have been able to retain their identity as heartless. Sora and Xehanort have one important thing in common that may be the cause of this apparently uncommon phenomenon. Specifically, at the time they became heartless, each of their bodies currently possessed multiple (three, in both cases) hearts. Sora's body held his own heart, Kairi's heart, and Ventus's heart. Xehanort (or Terranort, I guess) held Terra's heart, Xehanort's heart, and Eraqus's heart. This is likely the reason their ability to retain their minds as heartless occurred. One might be able to argue that Sora's heartless was spawned of both his heart and mind while Roxas was formed of his body and Ventus's heart and mind. This, consequently, might suggest that Xehanort's heartless was made of Xehanort's heart and mind while Xemnas was formed of Terra's body, heart, and mind (while lacking memories). Or some similar combination of the above.

It's the Star Wars prequels all over again. We go from having a group of people who seem fairly religious about their powers to a more in-depth scientific (if theoretical) explanation. I don't hate it. I don't love it either.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 10-17-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Traverse Town is a world made from the remains of destroyed worlds.
    Actually, that's not true. End of the World is the world made from the remains of destroyed worlds. Traverse Town is where people end up if their world gets destroyed. Sora's world (Destiny Islands) got destroyed, so he ended up in Traverse Town.

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Even if you ignore that bit, Sora has a very strong heart, he shouldn't have turned into a pathetic shadow heartless. He would have turned into a heartless version of himself or at least a very strong heartless. Or doesn't it work like that?
    When Sora turned into a Heartless, he turned into a Shadow because he didn't have that much darkness in his heart. The thing people sometimes don't realise is that even after Kairi restores Sora's body, he's still a Heartless (kind of), just in human form. This explains his change in attitude from then on and through Kingdom Hearts II (he becomes confident, more cocky and arrogant - can you imagine Sora at the start of the first game telling Kairi "You'd kinda be in my way", for instance?), as well as why Anti-Form exists - Anti-Form is basically Sora being consumed by darkness and turning into a Heartless version of himself.

But that's not all. As Kingdom Hearts coded and Re:coded explains, spoilerthe reason Jiminy's Journal is overrun with glitches and Bug Blox is because, somehow, the journal entry about Sora's Heartless became sentient and started corrupting the journal from the inside. When Data-Sora encounters the Heartless, it has the form of an incredibly powerful Darkside thanks to absorbing the data from the destroyed Heartless in the journal. As Sora battles it, it turns into an Anti-Sora, which quickly gains the upper hand as Data-Sora grows exhausted from the battle. However, Mickey Mouse intervenes, capturing the data that Sora's Heartless accumulated and keeping it away from the Heartless, forcing it to revert to its original Shadow form and allowing Data-Sora to defeat it.

Consumed with power, more appropriately, the gateway to darkness.