Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you like any movies that are generally considered to be "bad" movies?

Default Do you like any movies that are generally considered to be "bad" movies?

The Punisher movies, (the 1989 version, the 2004 version, and WarZone) haven't fared too well with the critics or the masses but I'll always have a soft-spot for The Punisher (2004) because it was the first Punisher film I ever saw in the theater. And at the time that I saw it, I thought Punisher '04 was an okay action movie with a retarded supporting cast.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 01-10-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Many. I watch movies to have fun, rather than to praise them on their technical qualities. Many critically panned popcorn flicks are movies I enjoyed. The Mummy and The Mummy Returns come to mind. I like Godzilla movies and all Japanese monster-costume movies of the sort. I like most all of the sword epics that were popular after Gladiator, including Gladiator. A particularly panned movie of the sort that I enjoy is King Arthur. I enjoy all four of the canon Alien movies - even 3 and Resurrection, though for this thread, only 3 and Resurrection count. The first two are touted as groundbreaking. I like Freddy vs Jason. There are more, but I'm getting tired. Just think of a cool but empty action flick and I like it.
    Knock yourselves down.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    Many. I watch movies to have fun, rather than to praise them on their technical qualities. Many critically panned popcorn flicks are movies I enjoyed. The Mummy and The Mummy Returns come to mind. I like Godzilla movies and all Japanese monster-costume movies of the sort. I like most all of the sword epics that were popular after Gladiator, including Gladiator. A particularly panned movie of the sort that I enjoy is King Arthur. I enjoy all four of the canon Alien movies - even 3 and Resurrection, though for this thread, only 3 and Resurrection count. The first two are touted as groundbreaking. I like Freddy vs Jason. There are more, but I'm getting tired. Just think of a cool but empty action flick and I like it.
    I don't suppose you like any of The Punisher movies, do you?

Blog Entries

I liked pirates of the caribean 3, everyone said it was boring though

The Mummy and The Mummy Returns come to mind
    I dont know one person who doesnt love those movies.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I am the master at liking bad movies.
    They usually end up being great entertainment even if it's in an ironic way.
    One movie I really liked but was critically panned in recent memory was Jennifer's Body. So underrated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Last Airbender is one of the more recent ones I remember but I was surprised they stayed accurate to some of the key plot elements. Sure the casting was awful and the plot jumps around the first season but you try to make a 26 episode series fit into an hour and a half. I'm not saying the film was great but it was far from being the terrible disaster that fans made it out to be.

American Sweethearts - I am a sucker for John Cusack and will suffer through some of his terrible films but frankly,m this is not one of them. This movie is hilarious and does a great poking humor at Hollywood and the media but too many people got caught up in the film being a romance story (when it was more of an after thought) and on Julia Roberts playing a supporting role (which she really doesn't... ) so I remember this film getting nailed pretty bad in the past and it's a pain in the ass to convince friends to watch it with me cause they think it's a chick flick...

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Yes it was not the film we wanted but once you take the FF title out of it and just accept it as a sci-fi flick, it's a pretty darn good movie. Maybe not the greatest sci-fi film ever told but seriously, I felt the movie was fun and had some cool concepts in it.

I'll think of more later...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like a lot of bad movies unless it's a bad movie that everyone knows is bad, the acting is bad, the music is annoying etc but it takes itself serious and somehow makes sequels.

I LIKE

Eragon - I actually thought the movie was pretty good. Yeah it left out a lot butt he book was really slow anyway.

SW: Ep 1 - I LIKED JAR-JAR OKAY

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Most things I watch are "bad" but whatever I'm not toting myself as a movie guru. I watched The Last Airbender today, it was pretty cool. Adaptations of anime/video games I generally enjoy for the familiarity even if they butcher the original.

Blog Entries

There are many, many movies that I love, but considered "bad" by a lot of people. Movie critics panned two of my absolutely favorite movies ("Hook" and "Jumanji"), yet, I find them both to be exceptional movies.

Pointless debate, whether or not a movie can be considered "bad".

Articles
    Blog Entries

Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are two of my favourite movies, despite everyone else in the world seemingly hating them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like Star Wars episode 1 more than I like its two sequels.

But in general I'm more about hating movies that the masses like.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm a bit of a sequel whore. Nobody likes sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I'm a bit of a sequel whore. Nobody likes sequels.
    Well, yeah except for the fact that people loved Superman II, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2, The Dark Knight, The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, Goldfinger, Terminator 2, The Godfather Part 2 and Return of the Jedi but yeah you're absolutely right. I mean I like Batman Returns but sometimes I think...No, I feel like I'm the only person who actually enjoys that movie for it's tongue-and-cheek value.

Oh, plenty. Alien 3, Hostel, Dune, Halloween III, Robocop II, Judge Dredd, Karate Kid Part 3, Teenage Mutant Nina Turles II (GO NINJA GO NINJA GO) and nearly every Rocky and Rambo sequel ever made. I could list a whole lot more if I really gave it some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNintendoNerd View Post
    I mean I like Batman Returns but sometimes I think...No, I feel like I'm the only person who actually enjoys that movie for it's tongue-and-cheek value.
    Batman Returns is brilliant but I wouldn't say there is anything tongue in cheek about it.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 01-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNintendoNerd View Post
    I mean I like Batman Returns but sometimes I think...No, I feel like I'm the only person who actually enjoys that movie for it's tongue-and-cheek value.
    Batman Returns is brilliant but I wouldn't say there is anything tongue in cheek about it.
    I believe X-Play once had an article saying that the Tim Burton Batman films were tongue-in-cheek but now I can't seem to find it anywhere!