Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may seem rather juvenile to most of you, I'm 23 years old and have missed work

Default This may seem rather juvenile to most of you, I'm 23 years old and have missed work

You can only apologize for so long, the thing about a apology is that you most likely don't know the entire story, your words are often flat, shallow, you may have no idea what others went through for you, because of you.
    It may mostly be from your perspective.

Eventually your apologies may run flat ,and people may become offended , and they may no longer desire, attempt, to see things from your side. This may be because they feel the need to protect their selves against what could be considered manipulation, and what may be considered your unpredictability. Life does not work on occasion with the stance of unpredictability, especially when the occasion is that you are a manager. People may need perspective and with a wild card in the deck, they may not be able to put things into perspective. A manager may need perspective/ hind sight...

So, what may I say if my hand is up? Who knows, do I even know? Who would you be to tell me what to think, know? Who would the manager be?
    What's the real answer? Is there one? I may be considered a tedious calculation , which has no clear answer...where business suggests that I be removed.

I can say I'm sorry a million times, but does it have weight? Do I really mean it? Do I really know the implications behind what I apologizing for (to)?

I recall being late one other day, and missing a day without taking fault for it because of a scheduling conflict.

Work at a grocery store, part time.(for college) Comment on my story, or your own. Thread is about screwing up work.

Articles
    Blog Entries

A manager can't afford to make excuses, it looks bad. That's why we lie.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I told a friend to get a doctorb note bc she went awol now she yelled at me and said my idea sucks:?????:

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    I told a friend to get a doctorb note bc she went awol now she yelled at me and said my idea sucks:?????:
    I believe that I may have went "awol". Head spinning, no consumption, confused...

Articles
    Blog Entries

That doesn't really fit the definition of "absent without official leave"
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So you just... didn't show up for work? Didn't call in?

If I were a manager, I'd give someone one shot with a no-call, no-show. You should probably do your best and grovel.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tl;dr

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't really know whether this one counts but there was this kid I happen to teach asked for my age and told me I look suitable to be his dad's girlfriend. A few days later I made his stay back after school to finish his homework. After his work is done, he told me there isn't anyone to fetch him home and I have to bring him home. Ya, I forgot to ask whether there is anyone to fetch him home before I make him stay back

So I had to bring him home and he stick to me like a magnet talking non stop on the way. Ever since, he went around telling everyone I will be his mum.
    Last edited by Christmas; 01-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    tl;dr

You have apparently forgotten the difference between EoEO and GC. Spend a few days not here to refresh your memory. ~Shlup
    Seems I'm not the one who forgot the difference.

Btw, this is the second time I've been banned by Shlup because SHE confused EoEO with GC. I'm keeping count.

Shlup wrongfully banning me count: 2

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Removed the ban. Still, the thread is clearly asking for more substantial replies; it may be GC, but you're still expected to use contextual judgement and not post spam in a non-spammy thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I lol'd. My habit of opening every forum I visit in its own tab as soon as I get to EoFF has bitten me.

I still hate you.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm 17, and still dont have a real job, so dont feel bad.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I lol'd. My habit of opening every forum I visit in its own tab as soon as I get to EoFF has bitten me.

I still hate you.
    Are you going senile?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've been inventing things since you were barely turning senile!!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen