Thread: MP3 Player Reccomendation

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default MP3 Player Reccomendation

I was wondering if anyone here can suggest a MP3 player to me. I'm looking for one that has voice recording on it and can hold at least 300 songs. Maybe around 35-40 dollars.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 01-18-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

If you name more specifics about what you want, I'm sure you can get more accurate recommendations, but from those two requirements I'd say the Sansa Clip is probably your best bet. Real cheap and comes in sizes from ca 500-2000 song capacity. They have voice recording, pretty good sound and get generally good reviews from their users.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Buy a cheap 2 or 4 gigabyte USB stick kind of mp3 player. They cost 25 bucks and last years, not to mention you can use them as a data device without weird cables. Add to that that they weigh nothing, and their internal rechargeable battery last for 8 hours, and you've got yourself a winner.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    If you name more specifics about what you want, I'm sure you can get more accurate recommendations, but from those two requirements I'd say the Sansa Clip is probably your best bet. Real cheap and comes in sizes from ca 500-2000 song capacity. They have voice recording, pretty good sound and get generally good reviews from their users.
    Well another thing I would like a strap i could put around my neck. I remember I used to have a sansa that had a cord I could put around my neck, but it broke and eventually lost it one day at school. I probably still would've had it if I had that cord.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Something easy to use is good too. The one I had worked awkwardly with the left and right arrows being up and the up button being select. The shuffle feature also didn't work and I had to go through a lot just to find the shuffle option. Had used my mother's one time and it is a little weird to use, but it's a lot better than the faulty one I had. It does have a weird problem whenever I try to ski songs. First it rewinds the song I was listening to, then it skips to the next song, so I have to press it twice for it to actually skip.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I have a Sansa Clip and I love it. Mine didn't come with a neck strap, but I can't see that being too hard to jury rig. And as a definite plus it connects to your computer using a mini-USB, not a proprietary cable.

I'd recommend saving up some more and go for an ipod. It's worth it.

I'd recommend a Zen made by Creative. They're a really good company that gives you a quality MP3 player for your money. Creative Labs : Home Page - The leader in Digital Entertainment for your PC and the Internet is their website if you're interested. I've never been dissatisfied with any of their products.

The clip is also upgradeable. I just bought one off amazon with an 8gb microSD since its cheaper to get a memory card than a player with the internal storage. And I've heard nothing but praise as to how seemlessly it integrates songs from the memory card. The fuse is the same way if you want video capability for a few extra bucks

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've got the money now for this. How many songs can a 4gb Sansa clip hold? More than maybe 350?
    Edit: On Amazon they charge a few dollars more just for a red or blue one. Do those have some kind of extra features?
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 03-03-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

4GB would hold roughly 1000 songs of typical quality and length.